Hacking 1.4.1 update froze. now card wont work

ndsftw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have 2 Acekard 2i's and 2 DSi's. I upgraded my first card to work on 1.4.1 and everything went fine, but the update process froze at 5% while updating my second card and now it just gets recognized as an empty cartridge. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is my 2nd Acekard just a worthless hunk of plastic now?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Luckily since you have one working Acekard 2i, you can use it to fix your other flashcart.
When you downloaded the 1.4.1 fix, you must've noticed a DSL.nds and a DSI.nds, right?

Put the DSL.nds on your working Acekard 2i, and boot it.
It will ask you to insert the acekard 2i, eject your working AK2i and insert the faulty one.

With any luck, you'll fix your second acekard.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jefffisher said:
you're going to need a dsl or ds original for that as the dsi wont let you eject it while its on
Ah right, I should've noticed you don't have a DS Lite.
Unfortunately it's not possible to unbrick an Acekard using a DSi.

ndsftw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Luckily since you have one working Acekard 2i, you can use it to fix your other flashcart.
When you downloaded the 1.4.1 fix, you must've noticed a DSL.nds and a DSI.nds, right?

Put the DSL.nds on your working Acekard 2i, and boot it.
It will ask you to insert the acekard 2i, eject your working AK2i and insert the faulty one.

With any luck, you'll fix your second acekard.

I probably should have mentioned that I also own a ds lite. Thank you so much for your reply. This fixed my problem and the card now works perfectly. I bought this card for a friend and I was not looking forward to disappointing him with the news that it did not work. Now I will not have to. Thanks again.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great to hear that you were able to fix it.
smile.gif

I hope your friend enjoys it, it's a good flashcart.
And remember to install AKAIO 1.7.1 instead of the official firmware, it's much better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7