Hacking 1.08 firmware and slot2

  • Thread starter Thread starter icwong
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,761
  • Replies Replies 5

icwong

New Member
Newbie
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
42
Country
I have an EZFlash3 in my slot2. The 1.08 R4 firmware changelist says that it detects and can boot a slot-2 card in GBA mode. What are the steps to do this? I don't see anything different in the R4 menus to indicate that it has detected my gba card.

I have tried:
- From the top level menu, choose the rightmost option (boot slot2), but that just tries to boot it in NDS mode. I get two white screens
- gbaswitch.nds (downloaded myself separately from the R4 1.08 firmware) seems to work, though I've heard some people say there are save problems

I was expecting to find some menu option, or something like gbaswitch.nds bundled into the 1.08 R4 firmware, but I haven't found anything.

Thanks for your help!
 
So when you choose the right-most option, to boot slot2, it is somehow detecting your card as gba and booting gba mode?

Darn, I wonder why it's not working with my EZ3.
 
I'm not familiar with the EZ3 but doesn't it have something to do with the actual slot 2 card? My supercard always booted into NDS mode unless (and I forget what it was as I never play GBA) you did a certain key press when booting it. How / Does it boot to GBA mode without the R4? Make sure you can boot to GBA mode without the R4 before trying with the R4.
 
my m3(slot2) boots into nds mode and not the gba mode, im not complaining but i never see the new frames, so anyone know why it wont boot to gba mode?
 
my m3(slot2) boots into nds mode and not the gba mode, im not complaining but i never see the new frames, so anyone know why it wont boot to gba mode?

Assuming you flashed your DS, it you used the flasme / passme version it will autoboot slot-2 and in nds mode. At least that's how the Supercard works. As far as GBA vs. NDS mode that may be based on the cards firmware, so there may be a keypress to hold down when powering on to alter the mode it boots in. Best bet is to check the R4 faqs/forums.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted