mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
i have a SCDS-1 with the triple OS loader setup. my default goes to YSMenu, and occasionally i will switch to the Supercard OS if i want to use the more advanced features.

most of the time this goes without a hitch, but i noticed something weird yesterday.

i have been playing Space Invaders Extreme via the YSMenu since i got it. the save file is created by YSMenu automatically, named Space Invaders Extreme.sav. when i switched over to the Supercard OS, it created a new save for me and does not recognize my original save.

saves from most other games created by YSMenu worked just fine. there was one more game that Supercard OS does not recognize but i forgot what it was.

has anyone experienced this problem? or have a solution to it?

P.S.
i changed the save file's extension from .sav to captialized .SAV and it still does not work with Supercard.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I find using an 8.3 format with no spaces keeps all the saves compatable.

try renaming the .nds rom and the y's created .SAV (caps) to Invaders.nds and Invaders.SAV

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
i did change the extension capitalization, as stated in my first post.

most of other games's saves got recognized by Supercard without problem even when there are spaces in them. so that can't be the cause, right?

EDIT:
i checked through my whole microSD card, and here are the rest of the games with saves that were generated by YSMenu but does not get recognized by Supercard OS.

Bleach - The Blade of Fate
Daigasso Band Brothers (Original Mix)
Nanostray

since nanostray is also in there i think we can rule out the "no spaces" possibility. i also tried updating the ndsinfo.dat, didn't help. also tried running the save files through shunny's save converter, and that didn't work either.

GX255

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i find it best to just use the original os and make sure u name ur roms with the numbers such as
2495 - final fantasy IV.nds
that way the save becomes
2495-~1.SAV
the tricky thing is some games have 3 save slots
which comes out to
2495-~1.SAV
2495-~2.SAV
2495-~3.SAV
trying to backup ur 3slot save games like this is not possible. the os will not be able to read it
so it is best to do this:
at the rom info save the save format size to 2mb or 5mb that way all 3 save slot files is compiled into
2495-~1.SAV
and make backups using the multisave feature
follow my threads. im loads of trouble. but i finally figured it out and im on my 2nd ff4 playthrough.
as for original os, i know its slow but with a-data4gb class 6 its so fast

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
well, i don't really need the Supercard OS other than the advanced features so i like to use YSMenu as default.

plus, i already started those games in YSMenu, so i still need to figure out a way for the Supercard to recognize those saves.

any advice?

GX255

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if ur gonig to stick to somethnig else other than the original os. then i can't help u there. but if u ever do want to switch back u can rename ur files to according to the filename of the rom.

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
i tried renaming the none working saves to 8.3 short name format and they do work under Supercard OS after that.

but of course in exchange they were no longer recognized by YSMenu.

are there no solutions to this to make them work in both OS?

GX255

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is a solution where 1 sav is good enough for both os. Try contacting the creator behind YSMenu?

crappi3pappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try setting the save type to 'unknown' for the problem saves in the sc-os (highlight rom, press 'x' to see the options). This should make it use a generic save type file.

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
i updated the ndsinfo.dat and now i don't seems to be able to set the save size to unknown. even though i doubt save size is the problem since both the "patch save" option and YSMenu produces saves in 512kb.

so weird thiing... i been renaming my saves. changing from 8.3 to long name and back. changing .sav to captialized .SAV and back.

now for some reason the bleach save is working in Supercard, but the rest still does not.

they are all back at long name and with lower case .sav

=\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ