Spec2K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guide To Make YSMenu Work On The R4

1. Download latest version of YSMenu firmware here: http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/

2. Extract the files to a folder.

3. Locate YSMenu.nds and patch using a R4 Dldi patching tool download here:

DLDI Patching Tool: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downl...l-win32-gui.zip

R4 DLDI: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downloads/r4tf.dldi

4. Delete akextract.exe out of the files you've extracted, you don't need it.

5. Download latest version of DSTT firmware here: www.gbatemp.net (Search for it.)

6. Extract files to the same folder as YSMenu, let's call this the YSMenu and DSTT directory, shall we?

7. Now run ttextract.exe, that will generate ttpatch.dat, ttdldi.dat, r4patch.dat, then delete ttextract.exe.

8. Edit the YSmenu.ini, "LITERALS=LITERALS_JAP" to "LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG". enable by removing the colon.

9. Download r4crypt here: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/NDS_Projects/r4crypt.zip

10. Extract the files to a folder of its own, let's call it the r4crypt directory.

11. Copy the following code into notepad:

=================================================

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The last version of YSMenu does not generate the r4patch.dat file. You must use the previous one.

You might want to fix that.

Spec2K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YSMenu v08.05.22.22.22 is the one I patched isn't that the latest one?

That's the latest I've seen on Yasu's site. and it did generate a r4patch.dat

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Spec2K said:
YSMenu v08.05.22.22.22 is the one I patched isn't that the latest one?

That's the latest I've seen on Yasu's site. and it did generate a r4patch.dat

My bad.

Yeah, you're right. That's the last one.

The older version is placed above the last one and it's easy to get confused.

That's the one you should use.

The latest one (again) is this one (v08.05.22.22.22).

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't suppose someone could put all the files (already patched and named) in a zip or rar file cause for the life of me the GUI.BAT,r4crypt parts of all this doesn't work.... gui just doesn't work right (yes I copied it correctly) and r4crypt crashes upon start up every time......

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have a question . why would you need the YSMenu on the R4 ? if it's for cheats i would understand but if it's just for no reason ? you are just wasting space on your SD Card ?

YSMenu is practically identical to the R4 Menu but isn't skinnable ? any reason why ?

RaphaelDDL

Trophies
Website
raphaelddl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Holt said:
i have a question . why would you need the YSMenu on the R4 ? if it's for cheats i would understand but if it's just for no reason ? you are just wasting space on your SD Card ?

YSMenu is practically identical to the R4 Menu but isn't skinnable ? any reason why ?

YSMenu is a replacement for the R4 Firmware, if im not wrong.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The file is from omgomg. But that patch was build with an older DSTT firmware.

The one I uploaded today, instead, was build with the latest one and compatibility is higher.

Edit: I erased the file because of what I heard about Yasu. This steps posted on this thread should be more than enough for everyone willing to patch ysmenu for the R4.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dinofan01 said:
seems useless to me. the r4 menu id fine, r4s only fault is hardware specific.

I know what you mean. That's what I said in the other thread about Custom R4 Firmware.
Call me stupid, but I like the R4 firmware and to me it's better than this alternative (and yes, I did previously try this using omgomg's upload in the other thread).

Now, to flog a dead horse, if someone was to show me a fully functional Sakura on the R4, then I'd ditch the R4 firmware in a millisecond!
rolleyes.gif

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Does this mean that YSMenu for the R4 will have the same game compatibility as the current DSTT firmware?

chrishull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well Hulk and Carnival work without the arm7 patch. I leave the YSMENU.nds on the card and run it when I have a game that wont run on the R4. Just go`s to show that the R4 card can run the games it`s just a firmware issue.

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I don't understand something. Why does YSMenu treat game ROMs and homebrews differently, when they are basically the same? Aren't homebrews .nds files with the same contents of a game ROM, only the difference is by developer?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Homebrew usually required DLDI patching for file access, commercial games use a totally different file system and require far better compatibility. Thats why you CAN'T load commercial games with a homebrew loader. Also homebrew games/apps have custom arm7 binaries which may or may not come into it, i'm no expert.

As for the other stuff in this thread, I have had ysmenu working on R4 sinse it was discovered that the extractor creates and R4 file, i think everyone assumed that it wouldn't work so didnt try. I wouldn't set it as a replacement for the R4 firmware though as you will loose homebrew loading (which some of us use way more than commercial loading), just make sure you use the 2nd r4 dldi and no-patch it so the dldi cant be re-patched, and just use it instead of moonshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s