Hacking R4 DS upgraed for SDHC?

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have a offical R4 DS, I was just looking around and saw this. Figured it was fake.

Cokeman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not fake... r4ds.com released this about 2 months ago...

EDIT: I looked at the amazon link. THAT is fake. heres what the real one looks like:

yhst-24012614254849_2004_836041.jpg

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cokeman999 said:

EDIT: I looked at the amazon link. THAT is fake. heres what the real one looks like:

That too is fake.

Do you have sources?

But a message to the OP,

Stay away from the R4 there are much better choices that are cheaper than the R4.
The R4 does not have a single advantage to most of the new cards.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no such thing as R4 III with SDHC support or anything of that nature
there all fake

R4 has never bothered to update their card
and R4 fanboys will believe anything

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Swip said:
Cokeman999 said:

That too is fake.

Do you have sources?

But a message to the OP,

Stay away from the R4 there are much better choices that are cheaper than the R4.
The R4 does not have a single advantage to most of the new cards.

And also, the R4 team said they never updated their cart, and they also mentioned that they have no plans for SDHC support yet, or ever.

Also, Joe88 is correct.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
epicelite said:
I already have a R4 DS but why do you say it is bad?
We never said it was bad. We just said there are better and cheaper choices out there.

You can buy a DSTT or a Acekard 2, which are both under 25 dollars, but still does a whole lot more than the R4, or you can buy a R4 that's over 34 dollars everywhere.

We're not telling you to buy anything new. All we're saying is that if you want to get a new cart, get something other than a R4.
But if it isn't broken, and is happy with it, there are no reasons why you should change carts.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You don't want to go there....
It's not bad if you already own one, but it's a bad choice if you're looking to buy a cart, as it has high prices, for almost nothing (in terms of options and extra features) against other carts in the scene..
Buying a non-SDHC cart for more than double in price is just stupid!..(I'm talking about AceKard2, but there are more of the cheaper carts)..

EDIT: ojsinnerz is a faster typer..
wink.gif

But you get the point now..

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
epicelite said:
Not really I do not see what a top toy does that the R4DS does not.
Only 22 bucks, SDHC support, supports R4 saves, and supports the R4 cheat system, much more futureproof, no clones.

The R4? Always over 35 bucks, no sdhc support, over 4 clones I can name, and is rare to get the real R4 nowadays..........

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
epicelite said:
Not really I do not see what a top toy does that the R4DS does not.
Only 22 bucks, SDHC support, supports R4 saves, and supports the R4 cheat system, I hear.

The R4? Always over 35 bucks, no sdhc support.........

Yet you can get a card for 15-20$ that has more futures, not a clone of another flashcard and has the same bugs as the original and guaranteed updates. This R4 clone only has SDHC support and thats it, it also has all the same problems with games and also the buggy cheat system where half of the codes or codes for certain games won't work. Also as I said before, this is a clone that uses the same R4 loader, now what happens when the R4 team stops updating their loder? Do you think a company who made a knock off of another card will continue it? As I see it, just stay away from this card, theres just to many bugs and uncertainties.

Also why pay 22 for a lousy R4 clone with SDHC support when you can get a better flashcard for sheaper with better features and compatibility with games and also a card that actually has a forseeable future?

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See I would rather pay $10 more for a non-clone card that is proven to work with every game. I mean if I get one it might as well be nice. That $20 clone card will probably break anyway. WHY IS SDHC SO FREAKING IMPORTANT TO EVERYONE!? I have a 2GB card and hardly 1/3 of it is full! I only download good games and I delete ones that I do not like, I am not like OMG NEW GAME MUST DOWNLOAD!!!

So your arguments are invalid because the largest DS game is no more then 120MB AFAIK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0