OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA ExpLoader 0.4
Multiple saves per game, eWin fixes
ezf3in1818.jpg

Update to Rudolph's 3 in 1 Expansion pack (and now EZ4 Lite and eWin Expansion also) tool, which is now called GBA ExpLoader. Present changes include bug fixes on the eWin front, and the addition of 6 save slots for each game. Nod to Destructobot for the news. Download below.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Developer's Blog

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
One thing Ewin owners will have to be aware of is that this version apparently has fixed SRAM detection. As such, it will no longer work on newer Ewins with 128KB of SRAM (0.3 wouldn't save, but this probably won't work at all).]

More detailed changes from the blog:
  • Minor message changes [presumably mainly with regard to the English section - Destructobot brought up one issue, and then some other people came in with recommendations for better English text elsewhere]
  • Fixed soft resetting bugs with the Ewin
  • Ewin Expansion Paks with under 256KB of SRAM now correctly detected
  • Multiple save files now supported for each game (SAV plus SV1 through SV5, for a total of six per game)

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
Are the saves from 0.3 still compatible?
The saves from all previous versions (including all versions of the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool) will work just fine. VBA saves will also work, in case anyone cares.

Regarding the 128KB eWin carts, Rudolph shouldn't have any trouble getting them to work. There isn't room in SRAM for the info about which game the save goes with, so he'll just have to put that info in a file on the slot 1 cart.

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
Destructobot said:
jesterscourt said:
Are the saves from 0.3 still compatible?
The saves from all previous versions (including all versions of the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool) will work just fine. VBA saves will also work, in case anyone cares.

Regarding the 128KB eWin carts, Rudolph shouldn't have any trouble getting them to work. There isn't room in SRAM for the info about which game the save goes with, so he'll just have to put that info in a file on the slot 1 cart.

Indeed.

kaktus.ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's been a while since I used my EzFlash 3in1, but anyhow... with this homebrew, do I still have to SRAM-patch my roms first?
unsure.gif

P

pasc

There is one thing I don't like about this release, the addition of multiple saves has also cause me to loose progress cause I accidently pressed B at DS startup
hate2.gif
. It is cool to have multiple saves, but still...

I wished there would be a .ini file so we could determint the way it works for backing up saves, eg:

1. let user manually select slot to save and load
2. automatically backup to the sav file that is given (ruling out the support for other save slots)

Thats everything I have to complain about right now.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, I have several questions...

1. I was playing Castlevania: Circle of the Moon via RAM mode, but now, I don't have the in-game save anymore. I've tried moving the file from my old GBA/Save folder (the one Rudolph's tool used to use) with no luck. Is there a way I could recover that save?

2. When I load the tool, I'm prompted to select a slot. What's this about? I don't need multiple save slots... What should I choose there?

3. If, say, I want to download an XPS file with a Pokémon LeafGreen save file (to get the version exclusives for DP), what's the process I should follow to convert it to VBA and then be able to use it on NOR mode?

Thanks in advance.

eldaddio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. If it was in SRAM when you first fired up gbaexploder you may have lost progress from the last time you played it.
To get your old save working just copy it into the root/GBA_SAVE/ folder and rename it so that it's in the form [ROM NAME].sav (in the same way as it would be if you just let xploader create a new save for you).

2. Just use the one save slot, you don't need to use multiple if you don't want to.

3. Don't know.

m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if it would be technically possible to use the Nintendo DS Browser RAM expansion as a temporary memory location from where a GBA game could be played while the Nintendo DS is turned on.

I suppose that Rudolf already took a look at this, but I was simply wondering
smile.gif

sebast2600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Minor message changes [presumably mainly with regard to the English section - Destructobot brought up one issue, and then some other people came in with recommendations for better English text elsewhere]"

There is still another minor English issue. Somewhere he wrote "wtite" instead of "write". But I can't really complain, Rudolph's English is far better than mine anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E