GBA Roma not showing up in r4 emulator

Dragons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I download some gba roms from *snip*, and few other sites and games all have same effect that did not come with r4 card when I try play them on r4 ds lite they will not show up in emulator for me to play Roma are in gba format I tried us version , euro version still will not show up in emulator menu select screen for play,.

Some of games from memory I download will not show up in emulator rampage and paperboy, teenage mutant ninja turtles and battle nexus, Godzilla dominion , uno and some other card game combo , classic pack man collection, pong and two other games collection , duel masters games, medabots meta bee version , Harry Potter quidditch tournament , these are games from memory I can remember I’m not in front of laptop now look at list games.

Some of other games I have download they do show up on emulator menu for me to play dodgeball , f zero , some other medabots games,

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you talking about GBARunner2 by any chance? If I'm not mistaken there is another old GBA emulator for DS, but I don't think anyone knows and uses it.
Make sure you use the DS version (flashcart) and not the DSi version (SD-slot). Moreover, do you use it within TwilightMenu++ or from the kernel of your flashcart? If you use the former, put the gba roms in the existing /roms/gba/ folder, then click directly on a game and the emulator will start.
Again, if you use the emulator with your kernel make sure it is the flashcart (DS) version: in any case, some roms will not work, as you can read in the compatibility list.

P.S. It seems to me unlikely, not to say impossible, that some roms do not appear in the GBAR2 menu, if they are in the right (.gba) format. 🤔 Whether they then work is another matter.
For certain romhacks you can use the hicode build of GBAR2 with good results (e.g. Fire Emblem Hacks).

Last edited by Nikokaro,

Dragons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah gbarunner 2 is what I’m talking didn’t have ds in front of me to put name I have 3ds dsi r4 2022 using it on ds light through kernel system I always put games in proper folders gba with gba Roms.

That’s great if I was decide get proper r4 card for ds light it’s 50/50 games will work on it.

I tried another m4euds all I get is error message with any game I try them on yeah I have renamed Roms as creator stated to mb, bin , agb nothing works all I get is errror message with red screen

Well thank you for reply more likely most gba are 50/50 will that will be compatible for emulator.

I check compatibility for some games I download some work maybe I will try but dsr4 half Roms should work if I decide buy proper r4 for ds light

Last edited by Dragons,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your posts are really difficult to read @Dragons . Please try to write them more carefully.

With a few exceptions, DS flashcarts all pretty much have the same functionality. If things aren't working with your " dsi r4 2022", then they will probably not work with a "proper r4 card for ds light".

Dragons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your posts are really difficult to read @Dragons . Please try to write them more carefully.

With a few exceptions, DS flashcarts all pretty much have the same functionality. If things aren't working with your " dsi r4 2022", then they will probably not work with a "proper r4 card for ds light".
Sorry It’s hard for me describe communication is not my strong points I should have started off with videos first less confusing 😔.,
in life made video better understanding

I’m in communication with Kritzz, how disappointing consider this topic closed until I find proper r4 card work with ds light thank you both

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you renamed the files, did you just change the ending? Maybe the names are too long or contain invalid characters. Try renaming one of them to "1.gba" and see if that helps.

I’m in communication with Kritzz
I'm not sure what exactly you expect to hear from them?

until I find proper r4 card work with ds light thank you both
If you are referring to a slot-2 cartridge for the GBA slot, then no one calls that an R4 and it's just going to confuse people if you call it an R4.

Reactions: Dragons

Dragons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you renamed the files, did you just change the ending? Maybe the names are too long or contain invalid characters. Try renaming one of them to "1.gba" and see if that helps.

I'm not sure what exactly you expect to hear from them?

If you are referring to a slot-2 cartridge for the GBA slot, then no one calls that an R4 and it's just going to confuse people if you call it an R4.
Thanks I know that now

Sorry thought I did up date this topic can be closed I installed hombrew it fixes problem with retroarch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over