Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hai gais! Another nice looking week, some decent looking titles expected. As usual expect delays because publishers are douche bags.

5th November

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Region: US/Australia/Europe Genre: FPS War-me-do
Developer: n-Space Publisher: Activision

When it was announced that n-Space was making this everyone was like "woop yeeeeah" I however was a bit "mmm" thats because all but one of their games were poopy, that game was Geist on the GC and even then that game had a lot of flaws. Anyway lets hope that this is a pretty good FPS game for the DS, IGN's hands on says its pretty good. I can't see how it can be worse than GoldenEye Rogue Agent! No wi-fi but you can link up with 3 other players.

Video Link

943302_20071010_screen003.jpg
943302_20071010_screen001.jpg
943302_20071010_screen002.jpg

Build-A-Bear

Region: US Genre: Bear-me-do
Developer: Neko Publisher: The Game Factory

The Build-A-Bear Workshop game will give young gamers the chance to virtually personalize a furry friend of their liking, name, brush and care for it and buy virtual clothes and accessories to unlock mini-games. Twenty different themed mini-games can be unlocked as players win virtual money to buy additional accessories and clothes along the way. Build-A-Bear Workshop Game will be rendered in 3D and a player's choice of stuffed animal, outfits and accessories will trigger a variety of animations and behaviors. The game will also feature a Wi-fi multiplayer game mode. Sounds Elton John gay.

942113_20070713_screen003_image.jpg
942113_20070713_screen002_image.jpg

Also out on this day is Bratz 4 Real which I refuse to write about.

6th November

Panzer Tactics DS

Region: US Genre: Turn based strat-me-do
Developer: Sproing Publisher: 10ticle

Delays, something that is slightly worse than idiotic n00bz, hopefully it'll cime out on his day. Basically its a more realistic take on Advance Wars and set in WWII. People who have played it says its quite deep and plays very well. The game also has weather effects so when it rains you see it rain as well as lightning .Its multiplayer mode lets you challenge your friends via Hotseat mode, LAN or Wi-Fi, and collect important points for the Panzer Tactics DS online Highscore Ladder. Sounds like an awful lot has gone into this game, could be the best strategy title on the DS, if it goes well then Advance Wars: Days of Ruin looks to be a bit redundant when it comes out.

Video Link

ME0000862800_2.jpg
ME0000862799_2.jpg
ME0000861154_2.jpg

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker

Region: US Genre: RPG-me-do
Developer: Square Enix Publisher: Square Enix

Ah finally! Developed exclusively for the Nintendo DS, the player assumes the role of a Monster Scout as he captures, trains and breeds a powerful team from more than 200 classic Dragon Quest creatures in order to become the world's greatest monster trainer. Sounds like Pokemon yes but these games are always worth a play and at least SE have bothered to make it look different to the last game...unlike Nintendo have. Oh yeah guess what? Its online.

Video Link

ME0000883717_2.jpg
ME0000884648_2.jpg
ME0000884654_2.jpg

Enchanted NDS & GBA

Region: US Genre: Platform-me-do
Developer: Disney Publisher: Disney Interactive

Based on the Disney film. Looks a bit crap, the Squirrel bit on the GBA one looks a bit fun though.

Video Link, Covers Both Versions

NDS Version:
e3-2007-enchanted-screens-20070712112541961.jpg
e3-2007-enchanted-screens-20070712112539930.jpg
e3-2007-enchanted-screens-20070712112542493.jpg

GBA Version:
enchanted--20070713023526513.jpg
enchanted--20070713023525529.jpg
enchanted--20070713023528419.jpg

Hot Wheels: Beat That!

Region: US Genre: Race-me-do
Publisher: Activision

The Wii version was apparently terrible but the DS one has had some good previews. I hope its good. Race your way through crazy corkscrews, loops and hidden routes. Race with a collection of the world's coolest cars. And engage in high-octane multiplayer action, racing on tracks packed with wicked explosions and super-charged power-ups. No screens just yet, I'll update when I get some.

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Region: US Genre: Action-me-do
Publisher: Travellers Tales Publisher: LucasArts

Lets face it, the last DS game was a travesty! At first it seemed like a decent platformer and then the bugs showed themselves. Travellers Tales apologised saying that they wanted to spend more time on it but were forced to release it in time with the DVD release last year. This is their apology, would've been better if it was given away free to those with the last game but its not. Its in full 3D and according to those who have played it, plays just like the home console versions. Unlike the home console versions, the DS one is built from the ground up with a brand new engine. The screens below are the only DS ones around, they could be from cutscenes.

ME0000862568_2.jpg
ME0000862567_2.jpg
ME0000862566_2.jpg

LifeSigns: Surgical Unit

Region: US Genre: Hospital-me-do
Developer: Spike Publisher: JoWood Productions

A very heavily delayed game! Will this week mark its release? An English release of the Tendo Doctor, Kenshuui Tendou Dokuta series which debuted way back in 2004. As a Doctor you will be continuously confronted with medical emergencies and personnel issues that require your immediate attention. Communicate and interact with patients, nurses and other doctors in this dramatic medical simulation game where you are the Doctor on call! Lets see if this makes the release date
wink.gif
The Europe version is called Hospital Affairs...for some reason. I hope this doesn't get delayed 'cos I'm sick of writing about it.

Video Link

ME0000843034_2.jpg
ME0000836038_2.jpg
ME0000611228_2.jpg

My French Coach / My Spanish Coach

Region: US Genre: Language-me-do
Developer: Publisher: Ubisoft

Two titles that intend to teach people French or Spanish. Rather have a Japanese one but these could be helpful. Thanks to gbatemp member webyugioh for the screens.

51tIgWH85SL._SS400_.jpg
5177QMp30OL._SS400_.jpg
51voOvrKYvL._SS400_.jpg

My Word Coach

Region: US Genre: Word-me-do

My Word Coach, developed in collaboration with linguists, helps players improve their verbal communication and vocabulary in a fun way...apparently. It connects up to the Wii as well so you can write on the DS and it appears on your TV screen but I think you need both Wii & DS versions. One screenshot looks like it has a Wordtris mode.

Video Link

my-word-coach-20070521011351696.jpg
my-word-coach-20070521050837638.jpg

Ontamarama

Region: US Genre: Rhythm-me-do
Developer: Noise Factory Publisher: Atlus

Video Link

Previously a Japanese title, Atlus is bringing this nice little game to the US. You have a Taiko no Tatsujin style bar that you have to basically "power up" by tapping circles on the touch screen) and then push the D-pad with those circles once they reach the left of the screen.

941964_20071005_screen003.jpg
941964_20071005_screen004.jpg
941964_20071005_screen002.jpg

Puzzle de Harvest Moon

Region: US Genre: Puzzle-me-do
Developer: Platinum Egg Publisher: Natsume

Plant seeds. Water the seeds to make them bloom. Fertilize the plant to turn them into vegetables. And "scribble" your stylus on vegetables to harvest them. If the vegetables are your colour, you'll get more points than if you're trying to pick at an opponent's plants. There are little strategic elements that come into play, like trying to string together your plants in Othello like fashion for additional points, or protecting your crops with enormous farm animals. Some people who saw the video reckon it looks like Puzzle Quest...they fail in life, it doesn't look like it at all aside from the grid

Video Link

ME0000850692_2.jpg
ME0000850689_2.jpg
ME0000850696_2.jpg

Also out is World Series of Poker 2008: Battle for the Bracelets which looks really bad so I wont write about it.

7th November

Indianapolis 500 Legends

Region: Europe Genre: Race-me-do
Developer: Platinum Egg Publisher: SVG Distrubution

Indianapolis 500 Legends seeks to capture Indy 500 races from 1961 and 1971, a decade that saw some big changes at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and plenty of classic races. Both the Wii and the DS versions feature classic and mission modes, the latter of which will let you tackle the Brickyard course in a race. You can choose between options such as number of laps and so on, then hop onto the speedway and try to fight your way to the front. Mission mode seems to be the centerpiece of Indy 500 Legends' single-player game experience. Here, each year in the game is broken up into missions that reflect the real circumstances of the Indy 500 from that year. As a result, you'll see real-life Indy racers from that year. For example, in the 1961 missions, you'll be racing as three real-life contenders from that year's race: Eddie Sachs, Jack Brabham, and eventual winner A.J. Foyt. Looks like crap though.

2003622482271489524_rs.jpg

8th November

Left Brain Right Brain

Region: US Genre: Brain-me-do
Developer: _No Company Publisher: Majesco

Another game that uses mini games to train your brain. Theres 15 on this one. ent mini-games based on speed, accuracy, association, recognition, memory and strategy. Games include: Connect the Dots, Pop the Balloons, Feel the Music, Hit the Monsters, Touch the Green Square, Save the World, Open the Safe, Trace the Shape, Navigate the Maze and many more.

2004793932735697226_rs.jpg

Mario Party DS

Region: Japan Genre: Mini game-me-do
Developer: Hudson Soft Publisher: Nintendo

The N64 games were alright but this series has never been great for me, fun in multiplayer though. Looks pretty much like the N64 games but with stylus control themed games. There is no wi-fi on this though which is a really stupid thing as thats the first thing we thought of when we heard about the DS game. The North American version is out on the 19th.

Video Link

ME0000884819_2.jpg
ME0000884184_2.jpg
ME0000884185_2.jpg

Yosumin DS

Region: Japan Genre: Puzzle-me-do
Developer: Square Enix Publisher: Square Enix

Thats right its by Square Enix! Looks good, no idea what plays probably like Bejeweled but with some different gameplay designs.

ME0000874105_2.jpg
ME0000887407_2.jpg
ME0000874102_2.jpg

Also out is Japanese title Katei no Igaku.

9th November

Deal or No Deal UK

Region: Europe Genre: Guess the box-me-do
Developer: Game Factory Publisher: Mindscape

Can this be worse than DSI's game of the US version? No it looks like it has had more effort into it but still its pointless. This is Noel Edmonds second DS game this month, theres a 3rd coming soon called "Are You Smarter Than a 8 Year Old?" Anyway this game is pointless unless you win monies but the publisher is going for multiplayer stuff so instead of playing with money in the boxes, the player may play for forfeits or prizes such as 'wash up for a week,' 'walk the dog' or 'clean your room.'

51b3W1daDNL._SS400_.jpg
51hqqylh21L._SS400_.jpg
51LRz6lsnkL._SS400_.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake: The Four Seasons Cake

Region: Europe Genre: Platform-me-do
Developer: Game Factory Publisher: Game Factory

If only all girlie aimed platformers were more like Super Princess Peach, the world would be better, but they're not. Might try this actually could go either way I reckon.

939693_20071018_screen003.jpg
939693_20071018_screen012.jpg
939693_20071018_screen019.jpg

WWE SmackDown! Vs. RAW 2008

Region: Europe Genre: Gay bondage-me-do
Developer: Amaze Publisher: THQ

This is so "meh" to me but theres fans who want it so good luck to them. Graphics look a bit bland and rather play like the games from PSX and onwards its stylus-only controls, using on-screen icons and quick touch actions to pull off any and every move in the WWE repertoire. Rather than lumbering around screen with the d-pad and learning quick button combinations, this year's wrestler has a totally unique system that tiptoes between being unorthodox and innovative at the same time. During the bouts you'll see multiple icons on-screen, each showing a number value and color (1-3) based on the type of attack it is. To execute, simply tap the icon, and follow the stylus instructions. Sounds a bit rubbish to me, can't see why they don't just use the PSX engines as WWE fans would want it that way.

ME0000848994_2.jpg
ME0000848987_2.jpg
ME0000848992_2.jpg

Also out is Ubisofts usual pet games of the week which are Catz 2 & Hamsterz 2. They've not bothered to put out any screens so I won't bother writing about it in depth but I'm sure we know what to expect.. Also out is Big Catch Fishing which is another name for a lame fishing game out earlier this year.

Showtime Championship Boxing

Region: US Genre: Box-me-do
Developer: Nikitova Publisher: DSI

For a DSI game it doesn't actually look bad. 14 boxers-7 heavyweights, 7 welterweights, fights can be between four and twelve rounds, 6 modes - Single Fight, Amateur Belt, Contender Belt, Showtime Belt, King of the Ring, and Multiplayer and it can either be played with the d-pad or touchscreen. Will it be good? Lets see.

2002690520446988328_rs.jpg

Coming Soon

Insecticide

Release Date: 8th January 2008 Genre: Action Adventure-me-do
Developer: Crackpot Entertaniment Publisher: Gamecock

Gamecocks next DS game after Renegade Kids Dementium looks like a winner to me! Some have said it reminds them of Beyond Good & Evil, thats always a good thing! Like Dementium it looks to offer something different from the usual and to push the DS capabilities beyond whats usually around. Insecticide is a hard-boiled, fast-shooting detective game set in a festering future city where bugs have evolved as the planet’s dominant race. A murder at the powerful Nectarola soft drink company leads police from the Insecticide Squad on a bug hunt through the city’s seedy underbelly, and into a mystery of epic proportions.Join Detective Chrys Liszt and partner Roachy Caruthers on the case as they become entangled in a web of crime. It’s an action-adventure in the truest sense of the word, immersing players in cinematic combat levels, as well as a story-based detective investigation. Players can interrogate suspects, interview witnesses and play good cop/bad cop to get the info needed to solve the case and win the game.

Video Link

e3-2007-insecticide-screens-20070712044601593.jpg
e3-2007-insecticide-screens-20070712044557937.jpg
e3-2007-insecticide-screens-20070712044600359.jpg

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
excellent list and seems games are very nice this week (on average)
Smackdown v Raw hope it doesn't disappoint me
Call of Duty 4, excellent series hopefully it's good here too
Life signs seems best from all of the above and hope it is going to be better than trauma center
EDIT: FF12 i think it is going to come out on 20 Nov so maybe next to next tuesday

P

pasc

WTF ? I expected nothing special, but then:

BOOM !

Call of Duty 4. Dragonquest Monsters - Joker, Mario Party

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Woah! Dragon Quest, Mario Party and Call of Duty!
ohmy.gif

So many games to play right now..

"GoldenEye Rogue Agent" was not all bad.. the only problem is that it requires you to use L, R and the stylus at the same time.. if you have 3 hands it is a great game
tongue.gif

Well, great week.. thanks hadrian!

P

pasc

Woah ! I came here expecting nothing special and then:

Boom !

Call of Duty 4, Dragonquest Monsters-Joker. Mario Party DS !

THANKS HADRIAN it seems you made my week ^^.

My father could like the boxing game and my cousin the wrestling one.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
This could be very good news. Dragon Quest and Call of Duty?
biggrin.gif

Keep in mind...

WWE SmackDown! Vs. RAW 2008 is the world's first professional wrestling game for DS!

Similarly, Showtime Championship Boxing is the world's first dedicated boxing game for DS!

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
Does anyone else agree that these posts are some of the most important posts I read on gbatemp. Descriptions and more importantly screenshots of up and coming games.

I am personaly looking forward to Lego Star Wars, I know the first one was bugged, but I still thoroughly enjoyed playing it, so really looking forward to it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just been writing up the next one (doing it now I have the time) and its even better!

Orcs & Elves, Contra 4 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Three pieces of retro goodness!

Theres also the DS version of Mario & Sonic At The Olympics out in Europe, wasn't sure about it as the US one got delayed until next year so I contacted Nintendo Europe and they say that it is indeed out over here on the 16th.

Expect forum slowdown in that week for them and some Wii titles that included Biohazard: Umbrella Chronicles (Japan), Mario Galaxy Europe, Rayman Rabbids 2, Geometry Wars: Galaxies, MoH Heroes 2. And week after theres Link's Crossbow Training so I hope the admin are prepared for that!

webyugioh

Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
My Spanish Coach

Region: US Genre: Language-me-do

Two titles that intend to teach people Spanish. Rather have a Japanese one but these could be helpful. As with some Ubisoft titles there are no screens but I will update blahdy blah blah.

I found some screens
51rE4e5VldL._SS400_.jpg
5177QMp30OL._SS400_.jpg
51tfkpI4x5L._SS400_.jpg
51tIgWH85SL._SS400_.jpg
51voOvrKYvL._SS400_.jpg
51KmNz5UrDL._SS400_.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill