Gaming assassin's creed ds

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's been confirmed for a while, but there's just been no other news about it. So, like many of Ubi's other endeavors, this will likely blow fairly hard. They seem to treat the DS as merely a cash-in system. Bros. In Arms was about as close to greatness on the DS as they're likely to get.

Of course, I could be wrong about Assasin's Creed DS, and I hope I am.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UMM WTF

November: Elf Bowling™ Collector's Edition from Detn8 Games Ltd.

They release CRAP games, and now they are releasing a so called "collector's edition" I mean, did anyone even get the game, let alone like???

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Developers should stop releasing these lame minigames for handheld platforms that only serve to prop up overall sales and get people interested in the home console/PC (read: real) version(s).

It's the same with CoD4 really. The main game is probably going to be great (I'm not that interested, it seems rather multiplayer focused and I don't give a flying fuck about multiplayer), but the DS version is piece of shit as far as I can tell.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Splinter Cell on PC/Console was great. Splinter Cell on DS was utterly horrible. I'm treating this as the same.. AC on the DS will be utterly horrible in my opinion, but that's just me.
Dont you mean assumption? You can't have an opinion before the fact.

Anyways, I think it'll be like ALL game ports. 2D side scroller remake.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if I would like AC on PS3/360 in the first place. I loved Prince of Persia, but getting killed in one hit in AC is kinda turn down. (I think they are both developed by UBI Montreal, correct me if I'm wrong)
You can't 10:1 so yeah he's gotta fall, but they could have let some breating room. But I have no problem block & counter since Heavenly Sword so let's see.

As far as DS version's concerned, if the environment isn't interactive, 2 thumbs down, losing one of the biggest strength of the game in a port doesn't deserve to be sold. And dynamic crowd, I can let that slip since DS cartridge can hold so much.

imyourxpan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nah. And even if it was real, I doubt it would match the real deal.

Yeah, I feel the same.

You can't port an amazing game like Assassin's Creed to the DS.

That's like porting Halo to the DS.

Sorry, not going to happen...

Edit:

Apparently, it IS coming out.
It's going to fail.
Definately going to fail...

Jeez talk about being pessimistic. Who knows, I remember hearing Nintendo saying they are going to increase the sizes of the carts so more data can be put in them. Meaning they could add more textures and such. It would be interesting to see, i don't think it's going to fail sale-wise, but who knows if it will be liked. Ya never know, hopefully it will be really good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing