Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any homebrew app for DS flashcards that will test the speed of the SD card? The card readers in the PC's here won't go any faster than 5megs per second and the little USB readers I have only do 4megs per second, so HDtach is kinda useless here and I'd like to do some speed testing. I'd like to see how my Transcend 2gig microSD compares to the Kingston 2gig microSD. I know the Kingston is faster (PoR didn't crash on me), but I'd like to see how much faster.

Is there such a thing? It technically could be possible right?

If no such app exists, someone should make one. It would be dead useful.

Is there somewhere that lists accurate speeds of those 2 cards? Link?

darkshadow51

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Woah, that's a pretty good homebrew idea you got there!
smile.gif
Sadly I don't know a thing about making homebrews
frown.gif
but like you said, this kind of thing would be really useful
cool.gif
. Let's just hope somebody who can do something like that come across this topic and give a try to create this
laugh.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I can't even program a .bat file without copying or just altering someones else's efforts. I suppose I could learn if I wanted to, but I'm just not interested in the programming side of computers, just the finished products. That's why I mentioned it when the idea hit me.....well, that and wanting to know the true speeds of my microSD cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess s22 is getting Ai features after Samsung was like ll no just s24