Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Updated version in posts below.

First things first this is a proof of concept build and prior to this I had never used autoit so beware of falling debris (although it has to be said for a high level language I quite like it, it treads a fine line between C and visual basic at first impression), I have no idea if I will keep up with this either (I much prefer encoding of DPGs by hand).

I will also assume you have avisynth installed and it comes as a plain zip containing only batchdpg, mencoder, VSFilter.dll, media info and the headermaker.

Preface:
I first started messing around with batchDPG when it was a frontend for DPGtools, before long it was an encoding tool in its own right. Eventually avs2wav (part of the audio encoding toolset) was replaced with bepipe which brought a reliance on .net (and marginally improved stability), as it looked like it was there to stay I figured I would try my hand at replacing it. The new soundout module for avisynth ( http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=120025 ) being, in my eyes anyhow, the perfect replacement.

Due to my laziness and inexperience with autoit I decided that joint stereo should be forced (a brief scanthrough of the code seems to suggest nothing has changed though), the option remains on the GUI but it will do nothing.

Other than that I have only ran rudimentary tests on the app (standard low Xvid-MP3 avi file and a high action wmv from gametrailers) and it appears to work fine.

Download (my hackjob to the source included in the zip), feel free to share the link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/12441902/3dbd4...s_batchDPG.html

My fork (if I can be called that) is from the BatchDPG v1.3 beta 1 as that is the latest source I could find floating around (in all honesty I did not look very hard for a later one).

You will need to install soundout as well (simply copy the DLLs to the plugins subdirectory of avisynth):
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=120025
I would make them load from batchDPG's directory but that can be another build (if anyone wants to try just add them to the avisynth script section: lines 230-241, context should be evident from adjacent lines dealing with subtitles), I could add OGG support as well (SoundOut supports it) but that would also be another build.

useful links:
Yee's DPG encoding guide:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35547
Moonshell homepage:
http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/nds/
BatchDPG homepage and latest betas:
Home: http://ls5.cydonianknight.com/
Betas: http://gbatmw.net/index.php?topic=1840.0
Avisynth:
http://avisynth.org/

Future plans, if any (I realise the first two may have been taken care of).

OGG support
DPG2 support
Different MPEG1 encoder (QuEnc has shown major promise and is much smaller and I have been experimenting with different mencoder builds).
More options for the end user/ advanced menu (this one is really dependent on my learning autoit)
If it can be done dual core support (split and rejoin files) or simultaneous audio and video encoding on seperate cores, not sure about autoit's limitations (although I sense this is encoder level stuff). Edit I seems the latter already happens, serves me right for not testing on big files first off.

Volsfan91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Handy. No .NET is very useful for me for some complex reasons.
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comments guys.
@juggernaut911 the main problem with batchdpg is the avisynth dependent audio tools which means now I replaced them it should work fine (mencoder and everything else that is necessary .

I looks like I will continue with this for a little while, I had planned some more features (new encoder and do not delete temp files option) but my inexperience with with autoit decided to take to the stage.
None the less here is a new version, it is only an exe update so copy it over the old version (or copy mencoder and the mediainfo app and dll across).

Download (exe file, feel free to share the link):
http://www.4shared.com/file/12482825/4768952b/BatchDPG.html
You can easily decompile to get the source with tools from autoit (that is how I got the source I worked with) but if you especially want I can share it.

Changelog.
Updated original build number to 1.3 beta 4.5 (latest version) bringing DPG2 support courtesy of the version jump (GOP list for faster seeking).
headermaker app is now inbuilt to the exe.

I added:
DPG3 support: Removed mode for audio (it is always joint stereo) and replaced with standard which also OGG audio is available.

Bugs/limitations: I have a feeling I will have to rewrite a section but audio is encoded multiple times if you use multiple passes.
Ogg audio is sometimes slower than video to encode if you use low video settings, way I see it though you would use OGG you care about quality so I doubt this will affect you.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Fast, I decided to try out your version since I find it pretty comfortable with it not using .net.
Anyways, the file outcomes seem to be normal. But they are unplayable in moonshell 1.7. It just freezes and no video/sound whatever comes up. I've installed everything correctly accordingly to your instructions but still nothing. The other batchdpg works fine and been using that for some time now. Any suggestions/ideas?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My videos played OK when I tested them. I will take a look into it though, I have a feeling I messed up the header making stage.

LS5

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been looking into SoundOut myself, but for some reason I can't get the internal MP2 encoder to output anything but a 192 kbps stream. I also tried to use the external TwoLAME executable using SoundOut's CMD interface, but it won't output anything at all for me. At the moment, I believe BePipe is still a more stable solution, but SoundOut is definitely something to look out for. If I feel that it has become the better alternative, I'd be very interested to incorporate your changes into an 'official' version.

The audio getting encoded again each pass is quite easy to fix by using 'If $i = $passes Then FileWriteLine($temp & ".avs", "SoundOut(...)")' inside the loop through the passes. I'm not really a great programmer myself, but if you need help with anything don't hesitate to contact me.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My videos played OK when I tested them. I will take a look into it though, I have a feeling I messed up the header making stage.

Any suggestion how I might be able to fix this? I've tried both moonshell 1.7 & 1.71 stable, but still the same problem. Since I would much more like to use your program since the regular batchdpg likes to slowdown my comp appearantly by alot compared to yours.

I've included a sample dpg I created with the regular batchDPG latest and one created with yours (Yours is the one with the 'FAST' obviously lol). While the one created by the regular is working for me and the other is not.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KC9BFJ3A

hondje1

Project Batch DPG
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reactions: triassic911

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice work I guess, I had figured the need to dodge .net had kind of gone away though (it comes as standard with vista and beyond) so I never really picked this back up. Still a nice DPG encoder is a valuable thing so good luck with your project, I am afraid I have let my autoit skills, such as they never were, slip in recent years so I doubt I will be able to help with much there.

Reactions: hondje1

hondje1

Project Batch DPG
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nvm i fixed it for you but youve deleted the other versions your 4shared links are death except the one which youve posted first maybe you should update the links i only need that unofficial version of ghost to combinate with your soundout or i gonna put ffmpeg (thats the best one) bepipe.exe is old twolame too i only need mencoder and mplayer2 (not 1)
If you have the other sources. Can you repost the latest one?

Thanks in advance

Hondje1

Ps: Windows 8 i use im 14 years old and doing it alone if soundout is succesfull then i'll replace it if not then i'll try to replace bepipe and twolame with ffmpeg.

But if you can help i can need that i think

Pps: sry i'm bad with English Romanian is more my thing or Dutch
Im thinking about multilanguage supporting i think it should be usefull.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm- I tend not to delete/move things I stick on my 4shared account so I have no idea what happened there.

It looks like I still have some stuff on my machine- I stuck it all in a 7zip file and uploaded it though you will have to pick through it to see if there is anything you want. In there are my builds, the builds I based it off, some of the tools I was experimenting with and a version or two of DPGenc (and moonshell and who knows what else). Others reading- if I have especially offended your senses of various licenses (everything I touched should have sources with it) do contact me and I will see what can be done.

As for Ghost's build when it hit I did not see any sources posted for it and I did have a go at running it past an autoit decompiler and I believe it was passworded- the autoIT crypto is not strong but it is not a completely trivial matter to break it.

Anyway the file- should be around 40 megs.
http://trastindustries.com/randomfiles/BatchDPG_2.7z

Reactions: hondje1

hondje1

Project Batch DPG
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm- I tend not to delete/move things I stick on my 4shared account so I have no idea what happened there.

It looks like I still have some stuff on my machine- I stuck it all in a 7zip file and uploaded it though you will have to pick through it to see if there is anything you want. In there are my builds, the builds I based it off, some of the tools I was experimenting with and a version or two of DPGenc (and moonshell and who knows what else). Others reading- if I have especially offended your senses of various licenses (everything I touched should have sources with it) do contact me and I will see what can be done.

As for Ghost's build when it hit I did not see any sources posted for it and I did have a go at running it past an autoit decompiler and I believe it was passworded- the autoIT crypto is not strong but it is not a completely trivial matter to break it.

Anyway the file- should be around 40 megs.
http://trastindustries.com/randomfiles/BatchDPG_2.7z
Thanks for the source files i gonna search the things i need and i also decompilated Batch Dpg 1.61 and searched where to and how to replace that stupid soundout plugin. Maybe i'll use ffmpeg for solution on twolame but i gonna try once more to replace BePipe with soundOut1.1.1 hope it works
But...

Thanks in advance (really for the sources XD)

- Hondje1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1