Homebrew Can I stick my 2 GB 4.2 SD card into my friends unmodded Wii..

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..and be able to load HBC from there and then, using savve game installer, be able to copy Brawl and Mario Kart data to her Wii? I am using my exisitng hacked SD card with my data on it but have not hacked her Wii yet. Or must I hack it? Pussieloader FREEZES my Wii when trying to reboot it after I have executed the instructions correctly and so does the Gecko OS code to remove no copy flags.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, you can't load the HBC on another wii, but there is an other way. The important thing is the system menu of her wii. If she has 4.1 or 4.2, you could run savegame installer with bannerbomb.

Revolution [9]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then just use your own SD card with BannerBomb to install HBC? Assuming you still have the files and she has 4.2 or below, which you said she does. I think it'd be easier to just hack hers.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First remove the boot.dol and/or boot.elf from the root of your SD Card and copy the save-installer_v2.0.elf on the root and rename it to boot.elf. Then run bannerbomb on her wii and the savegame installer should start.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the original savegame installer/extractor file downloads obsolete now? Do I need to download a new one? Because a few of my SD cards either did not have it or would not copy over the save at all when I copied it over to my SD card originally (data management section). My friend is going to college and wants to play in a tournament for vacations and has no time at all to play the game through (unlocking everything) BECAUSE she will be too busy studying and working. Why must nintendo let allow us to copy over the game saves the normal way? I got it copied alright but a few times the sSD card did not load when I tried doing installing the homebrew channel. What should I do in remedy if my wii nreaks or what not? Download another bannerbomb? I don't want my wii screwing up at all. Also is there a new priiloader set for 4.3 wan B which is what Coto told me to get?

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I told you that whenever I try and load pussieloader, it freezes my wii screen and does not reboot. Also I now have 4.3 wan menu and lost priiloader as I need one for this menu so can someone please link me it and tell how to install it? And how do I remove homebrew from my friends wii using my SD card without deleting the homebrew channel from my card but from just her wii? She is not interested in using homebrew because it might crash her wIi. I have done every step of the way correct on pussieloader but it still freezes my wii screen and now it reads "error code 004 all files are corrupted". I can't even load homebrew on my friends wii for like 3 of my SD card as they either reboot to system menu or don't lpad at all. Why is homebrew doing this to me?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To remove the homebrew channel, start the hackmii installer again and uninstall the HBC. You want to install priiloader? Download priiloader HERE an copy damysteryman's hacks.ini on the root of your sd card, this hacks.ini can also remove the savegame no copy protection!

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to unintall it using MY SD card as she has none but still have the Homebrew Channel working on my Wii with that same SD card. keep in mind Coto told me to get 4.3 Wan B version so now I want to make sure those Priiloader files work that 4.3 Wan B or whatever it is called. People told me it causes a brick.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I need to know is if this priiloader bricks 4.3 wan. Also how do I remove the error code 004 files without deleting my apps from homebrew? Just load a new boot.elf? Or boot.dol?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
smashdude said:
All I need to know is if this priiloader bricks 4.3 wan. Also how do I remove the error code 004 files without deleting my apps from homebrew? Just load a new boot.elf? Or boot.dol?
Why you are on 4.3 wan? The error 004 means that bannerbomb v2 detected on your sd card and blocked. I don't know if priiloader brick 4.3 wan, but I don't think so. I'm on nintendo's original 4.3E system menu and priiloader remove the error 004, DVDx deletion, savegame no copy protection and so on. The best thing you can do is to install system menu 4.2 or 4.2 with the needed system IOS, then you can save install priiloader

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
smashdude said:
Priiloader works for you on 4.3?
Yes, but i don't have waninkoko's 4.3, I have nintendo's 4.3 and priiloader works great with the hacks.ini I linked, so why it should not work on 4.3 wan?

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. What should I do first? after installing it? What system menu hacks should I disable/ I want all 4 SD cards to be able to read and load Homebrew on my friends' Wii's via SD card tab. And for my SD card to be able to READ my memory data and then copy it to friends' Wii and not leave it blank. As is there a way of copying virtual console games to my friends Wii via SD card or is that not compatible at all even if they purchase them on the virtual console?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can't read and load homebrew on other wii's from your sd card. You must softmod the other wii's first to use homebrew, there is no other way. You also can't copy memory data to other wii's without softmod. And copying virtual console games is impossible, softmod or not, because the virtual console games are only working on the wii where it was installed.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what if they install the virtual console game on theris? Can't I copy it over then? And what options do I DISABLE on priiloader? And waht do I do to get boot.elf to work on my SD card again on my Wii? It reads "error code 004" or something like that and I don't know how to fix that. Once that is gone I will be able to load Homebrew on my friends Wii's. One card worked the other 3 didn't and same for savegame installer.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I stuck downloaded that priiloader file. Should I renamed it to boot.dol and place a folder named priiloader on the APPS of my SD card then put the file in or? Or place the file in the root of my SD card? Which do I do I am lost? I have the hack.inl on the root of my SD card and have done nothing since. I forgot how to install it so please help me. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.