Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hate to post this, but there are still people who don't realize that a working fix is out for non-Acekard clones.

Original Thread by denieru7: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181996

Thanks to lolzed for posting in one of the threads I read:
lolzed said:
dstt fix you can use ysmenu too http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181996&st=0

If you use YSMenu and cannot get this working, use Depravo's version of YSMenu (by Maikel Steneker).
You can also use a2h's YSMenu Generator found here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130359

I have taken Depravo's modded YSMenu and 'fixed' some things.. http://www.mediafire.com/?mtbzmy2wlzz
+ r4.bat modified to not overwrite r4dldi.dat -- Will not overwrite the good r4dldi.dat
+ r4dldi.dat included with dstt.7z\TTmenu -- No need to add it to your card later
+ USRCHEAT.DAT included with dstt.7z\TTmenu -- No need to add it to your card later

Instructions here
twiztidsinz said:
Two options:

Method A
1). Run R4.bat and answer all the prompted questions according to your card
2). Press 'Enter' when it prompts you to press a key to continue
3). Copy the files to your flashcard (Delete the older files first, like TTMENU.SYS)
4). Copy an updated USRCHEAT.DAT to your TTMenu folder if you're using Depravo's
5). Copy r4dldi.dat to your TTMenu folder if you want to use Homebrew apps/games if you're using Depravo's

Method B
1). Run R4config.bat and answer all the prompted questions according to your card
2). Run R4.bat and press 'Enter' when it prompts you to press a key to continue
3). Copy the files to your flashcard (Delete the older files first, like TTMENU.SYS)
4). Copy an updated USRCHEAT.DAT to your TTMenu folder if you're using Depravo's
5). Copy r4dldi.dat to your TTMenu folder if you want to use Homebrew apps/games if you're using Depravo's

The only difference is if you run R4config.bat it will save your settings to a file.
I would overall recommend the first method because this will hopefully be a temporary fix... if Yasu updates YSMenu.

Original post by Depravo here:
Depravo said:
Here's a version of r4ysauto modified by myself to accept the latest and including the necessary parts of this new DSTT 1.17a07. It even has the latest USRCHEAT file. The only thing missing is YSMenu0903270000 which you can download from Yasu's site.

Credits to Maikel Steneker for creating r4ysauto, Ashley for the unofficial DSTT update and Narin and the Cheat Crew for the cheat file.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e2mfndlinzw

For Homebrew users, there is a r4dldi.dat included in the above archive which you will need to launch homebrew apps. See here:QUOTE(denieru7 @ Sep 27 2009, 08:07 AM)
Word to the wise:
The a07 DSTT loader DOES NOT load homebrew on R4s. You need to copy r4dldi.dat from a setup of YSmenu with the official 1.17 loader.

When you copy over the old r4dldi.dat, loading homebrews uses the blue loading bar whereas loading commercial ROMS has a grey bar, proving that they use different loaders or something similar, somehow.

Maybe the mods should sticky this with some kind of flashing lights to cut down on the questions being asked about it.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
why did u have to post this again?Because: QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Sep 27 2009, 11:43 AM) I hate to post this, but there are still people who don't realize that a working fix is out for non-Acekard clones.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sanderino said:
So.. bet it doesn't work for those cards or specifically, the R4?
Works for any card that can run YSMenu... like Real R4s (as opposed to the R4 Ultra fix which uses AKIKO 1.4.1 to load the game) and the M3 Simply.
Since this is DSTT firmware, it should also work on the DSTT as-is... I cannot test because I have a real R4.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
metroid4life14 said:
why's it so damn difficult to get YSmenu onto a system...? *grumbles...*

at least there's a fix thoughYeah... part of the reason I didn't switch to YSMenu until recently was that Yasu makes it ****ing difficult to get YSMenu. He wants people to get it from his site, but there's no links to the specific items there. You have to scroll through the page to find it, and there is NOTHING for YSMenu on the English page: http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/index_en.htmlQUOTE* YSMENU
Custom Kernel for DSTT
You can get in Japanese page, check it! (link is above)
Also.. he hasn't updated YSMenu in 6 months as of today. Prior to this extended gap in updates, there would be a new YSMenu practically every month or two.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I used the instructions to make the R4 YSMenu but I see an error in the dosbox with the Dsst file saying not found...but then it continues and makes the zip file...

Will it work?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:
I used the instructions to make the R4 YSMenu but I see an error in the dosbox with the Dsst file saying not found...but then it continues and makes the zip file...

Will it work?Some errors are 'normal'... like:CODEError: dldi-head not found
The R4 information is missing because it is meant for DSTT/TTMenu which is why you needed to copy over the r4dldi.dat file before I fixed it.

If you're using Depravo (with the fix noted in the first post) or my modified R4YSAuto, you should be all set.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:
I used Depravo

And something else... Do I need to patch the game or just run it?Nope...
The only thing you need to do is copy the r4dldi.dat to your TTMenu folder if you want to use Homebrew apps/games.

Sanderino said:
Can you actually post instructions please?Two options:

Method A

Method B
1). Run R4config.bat and answer all the prompted questions according to your card

The only difference is if you run R4config.bat it will save your settings to a file.
I would overall recommend the first method because this will hopefully be a temporary fix... if Yasu updates YSMenu.

Depravo said:
QUOTE(N-TG @ Sep 27 2009, 07:31 PM)
I used Depravo
Ha, I've been 'used'.
wink.gif
And you liked it
wink.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, finally got it to work. Well, at least past the Choose Save button lock, I haven't tested anything beyond that. I just used Depravo's modified YSAuto and set it up as my Moonshl loader and huzzah. Kinda odd that it didn't work as a firmware, but it works now.

Now you guys and gals don't have to worry about me being hypocritical and asking noobie questions!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Wow, finally got it to work. Well, at least past the Choose Save button lock, I haven't tested anything beyond that. I just used Depravo's modified YSAuto and set it up as my Moonshl loader and huzzah. Kinda odd that it didn't work as a firmware, but it works now.

Now you guys and gals don't have to worry about me being hypocritical and asking noobie questions!
I had a problem with it at first too..
I knew it was updated and working (Black/Grey loading bars in YSMenu for games), but it still locked up on the file select screen.
The problem was I didn't delete TTMENU.SYS before playing. After I deleted it, loading the game created TTMENU.SYS automatically and everything worked fine.

Rikkelsama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got a problem, when i try to load some roms with YSmenu, it writes at the end of the loading
QUOTE said:
[Rom loading failed]
disk errcode=-2147483632

Please reset system

it does that on a lots of roms i don't know what to do
wacko.gif

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
twiztidsinz said:
N-TG said:
I used Depravo

And something else... Do I need to patch the game or just run it?Nope...
The only thing you need to do is copy the r4dldi.dat to your TTMenu folder if you want to use Homebrew apps/games.

Sanderino said:
Can you actually post instructions please?Two options:

Method A

Method B

Depravo said:
QUOTE(N-TG @ Sep 27 2009, 07:31 PM)
I used Depravo
Ha, I've been 'used'.
wink.gif
And you liked it
wink.gif

I have an R4, what options do I need to choose? And wich files do I need to copy to my Flashcart?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sanderino said:
I have an R4, what options do I need to choose? And wich files do I need to copy to my Flashcart?
You will be prompted to answer...
it asks you things like which language, which card, do you want firmware/NDS ROM, etc... it's all simple.
When YSMenu finishes, it will make and open up R4_custom_.zip
Just copy those files to the root of your card and you'll be all set... It should be a TTMenu folder and _DS_MENU.DAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...