My Nintendo Collection (excluding my SNES Stuff)

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the following Nintendo Hardware:

Original Nintendo Gameboy
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Pocket Light
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance (with Afterburner front light mod)
Gameboy Advance SP
Gameboy Advance SP Back lit version
Gameboy Micro (Mario Anniversary edition)
Silver DS Phat
Black DS Lite
Black DSi
Japanese Super Gameboy
Japanese Super Gameboy 2
PAL Super Gameboy (with Link Mod)
Gameboy player for Game Cube
Hori Super Gameboy SGB controller (US model)
Hori SNES Style pad for Game Cube (black japanese import got the box for it somewhere!)

IMG_0002.JPG

Lots of official and unofficial accessories – Including the Boxed Konami Hyper Boy !!!

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Link needs fixing.

Managed to find the right link in that wall of garble anyway. Impressive enough collection you got there. Do they all still work?

[Link removed as requested]

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RalphUp said:
what is the best way to add Picture to post, can you remove the link you have added Edhel please?

Done.

Also when you click 'add reply' there is a button with a picture icon that can handle adding pictures to a post.

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have modified the Hyperboy with White LEDS instead of the standard bulbs, as this gives a better lighting effect. But I have kept all the original bulbs so it can be converted back to original.

And the mini gameboys by the Hyperboy are LCD Watches in the shape of the original gameboy and the buttons are used to change the display from TIME to DATE and setting the time etc. but they both need new batteries. The one on the left has gone horribly yellow though

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
nice collection of gameboys you have there, i have

Original Nintendo Gameboy X2
Gameboy Color (pink)
Gameboy Advance SP Back lit version (graphite)
zelda limited edition gold DS Lite
Gameboy player for Game Cube
resident evil 4 limited edition gamecube.
nintendo Wii
N64 (clear purple)
SNES
NES

i think thats everything nintendo i have.

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice collection jalaneme!
I have missed off a few bits like my PAL SNES with CCL Double Pro Fighter 64M

I also have a (unfortunately broken) Panasonic Q that I need to find someone to repair...(Hint anyone know a good electronics repair guy in North of England?!?!)

If I ever get it running then I will have to get a Q version of the Gameboy Player as the Gamecube version doesnt fit. That is the only version of the Gameboy compatable hardware I dont have.

And the Wii of course, but I never got into the N64 so I got rid, but I do have a N64 pad and a USB converter so I can play N64 emulator with the proper pad!

And the Black Gamecube, was an original black, but now is Qoob-ed and has the ICED CUBE smoked black case replacement to take full size DVD's.

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apart from the Panasonic Q Gameboy Player, can anyone tell me if I am missing any hardware that can actually play physical GB/GBA/MDS catridges?!?!

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only rare Nintendo hardware i have is a Sharp 19sv111 TV.
0018.jpg

bad picture cuz my webcam sux.
good stuff best NES system ever, only con is they are real dust magnets.
i've seen them go for $400 or more on EBAY but i got lucky and found it next to a dumpster.
probably because most ppl think old tv's are just junk because they can't get a digital air signal.

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice find wolffangalchemist!

Never got into the NES scene, didnt really catch on in England like it did in US (Good old Clive Sinclair!)

I am mainly after any hardware that can play GB/GBA/NDS carts.

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am after a Link Cable dongle or one of the Link Cables that Nintendo made (offical nintendo product) that is for the original to original Gameboy but had a plug on dongle to change it so you could go from original gameboy to pocket.

Anyone help. If my memory serves me right it was just a little adaptor fixed to one end of the cable and plugged on to the Bigg connector to convert it to a small connector.

If anyone has one of these please PM me.

I have one of the third party cabels with two connectors at each end but would like the Nintendo Cable.

Just remebered .. it was the Nintendo Gameboy Colour Link Cable.

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just found what I wanted on Ebay...they might be shit mate, but I just wat to add one to my collection!
Old school tetris linked was BRILLIANT with Mario and Luigi.

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not one for GAME & WATCH, although I do have the Donkey Kong (Multi Screen).

sell it....the idea of a collection, is a ...... collection!

I now have an offical Nintendo Gameboy Color link cable and an offical Nintendo Gameboy Advance 4 way link cable, both boxed.

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not one for GAME & WATCH, although I do have the Donkey Kong (Multi Screen).

sell it....the idea of a collection, is a ...... collection!

I now have an offical Nintendo Gameboy Color link cable and an offical Nintendo Gameboy Advance link cable, both boxed.

Now I need another 2 Nintendo Gameboy Advance link cables to make it a 4 way!

Also added a Nintendo GBA Wireless adaptor! (pretty useless on its own...guess I need another one now!)

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I know have 3 genuine Nintendo GB Advance link cables - so I now have enough to setup a full 4 way match!
Also - thanks to a mate in US - I will be recieving the following from Nintendo US WWW SPARES service:

2 x replacement GBA Screen Covers
2 x GBA Glacier Blue Replacment Battery Cover
1 x GB Micro Link Cable
1 x GB Micro to GBA link Cable Adapter
1 x GB Micro Wireless adapter

now all I need is some replacement AR Film for my Afterburner Front light and a decent unmodded Glacier Blue GBA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!