Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
POPmovie%20poster.jpg
QUOTE said:
So far the consensus is, is that the poster looks great, the pose looks good, Jake ‘I’m not Persian in the least’ Gyllenhaal actually looks pretty Prince-like and even the tag-line “Defy The Future” is interesting, mysterious and not too cheesy. The whole thing makes one think that the movie will actually be a serious attempt at telling the Sands of Time story.
I especially enjoyed reading the contrasting comments made by Joystiq’s Griffin McElroy:

…its font choice is delightfully non-cheesy…

and Destructoid’s Hamza CTZ Aziz:

The problem with the posters, though, is the ------ font. Look at that ----. What the ---- am I even looking at? You could make a white guy look Persiany, but you can’t make the damn typeface look Persian? Not even a little?

Sorry Disney, it really looks like you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t.
Personally, I do find that the font used seems to stick out a little oddly.
Source

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finially! one of the game movies are comming out. I really want to see this because Sands of Time is my favorite PoP game. I didnt like it when it started to go dark which was right from the second one.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Vidboy10 said:
You could make a white guy look Persiany, but you can’t make the damn typeface look Persian? Not even a little?

There's something wrong with that comment. Persians would have looked pretty much white. Unlike the way the movie 300 depicts them.

Anyway, the poster seems fine to me. The font could have been better, yea.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
This smells like epic phail. Hopefully this movie will be successful enough and produce some millions so Jordan Mechner will hide well enough so I cannot find the guy and behead him for selling the franchise to Hollywood.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o