Month in Reviews: April 2011

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by KingdomBlade, Apr 29, 2011.

Apr 29, 2011
  1. KingdomBlade
    OP

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    This is sort of a continuation of these threads that Guild made weekly some time ago and thus nearly the same format, but with a few modifications (like the Review Quotes section). It contains only the big and important releases (well, the ones taken from Guild's April 2011 games thread, hope you don't mind Guild)

<div align='center'><b><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b></div>
    Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
    <div align='center'><b><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Patapon 3<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b></div>
    Patapon 3
    <div align='center'><b><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Mortal Kombat<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b></div>
    Mortal Kombat
    <div align='center'><b><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Portal 2<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b></div>
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    <div align='center'><b><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Prince of Persia Classic Trilogy HD<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b></div>
    Prince of Persia Classic Trilogy HD
    <div align='center'><b><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->SOCOM 4<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b></div>
    SOCOM 4
    <div align='center'><b><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Conduit 2<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b></div>
    Conduit 2
    <b><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><div align='center'>Minor Titles</div><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b>
    Minor Titles

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It's good to see someone picking this up again, reviews just haven't been consistent enough to do it weekly as I did. Monthly sounds good though and I'm glad you're taking up the project.

Just my take:

- It's good to see the FFIV CC get some love. Maybe it's just "yet another FFIV port/remake", but FFIV is awesome and this is the definitive version of it.
    - I'm not real big on Patapon and Patapon 2, I have Patapon 3 on my memory stick though but odds are I won't try it as Patapon 2 is feeling really boring.
    - I don't see the point of Mortal Kombat over the current fighting flavor of the year, Marvel vs. Capcom 3. It just seems to be there as a fighting game between MvC3 and SSFIV: AE.
    - I've heard Portal 2 is just getting "OMG BEST GAME EVER" reviews but I won't try it until a friend lends me a copy.
    - PoP Trilogy is your standard "port 3 last gen games to HD" thing but that's not all that bad. They're pretty good games.
    - SOCOM, not really interested.
    - I have Conduit 2 on my hard drive but I haven't been able to force the region to NTSC to put it in color (it's the Euro version). I'm probably just a bit rusty as I haven't touched the Wii in a while.
    - I'm waiting for localizations of Pokemon Typing and Persona 2. I don't really trust Famitsu or its reviews.

3. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i have played portal 1 almost for 3 hrs (which i believe is half way) and i did not find it THAT good though it was interesting and nice. To get 90% for a game of this nature is quite unexpected from my side. It is good definitely, but maybe the ratings are based on how well the game fits its genre and is focused upon it.

4. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    The sun rises, and Final Fantasy IV is ported to another console.

5. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Thanks for your work on gathering all the informations.
    I usually don't take reviews as granted, I'm making my own idea of a game by playing it myself.
    Sometime I like crappy games [​IMG] [​IMG]

I want to play PoP trilogy and Persona 2, but I won't have enough time.

I think it's better placed in General gaming discussion instead of Submitted news.
    I'm just moving it there.

6. ZeroTm

Member ZeroTm GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Completed portal 2 in two sessions (pc, of course). Game of the year, no questions about that. Though you NEED to play portal before you play portal 2

7. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    >Portal 1
    >3 Hours

Either you suck at Portal or you suck at trolling. Pick one.