Hacking Do I have to convert ExpLoader save for AKAIO?

jhoff80

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I had an R4, finally decided to upgrade to a AK2i. I had been under the impression that saves for the R4 were compatible and that was correct for DS games. However, I can't get my save file for the Mother 3 GBA ROM to load natively. I had been using Exploader to flash the GBA rom to the EZ 3in1 I have, and now am attempting to use the native support built into AKAIO. Do I have to convert this save, or is there something else I'm doing wrong?

jhoff80

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's running the game fine. I just have a save from the old cart at chapter 4, and after renaming it to .gba.sav it still won't load it.

Edit: Or are you saying use ExpLoader to load the save as well, and then when I go back to the AKAIO menu, it'll automatically backup the save?

jhoff80

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So you don't have any .sav file on your microSD card that gets updated? I don't like the sound of that (in case of like hardware failure or anything, I like to have backups.)

Edit: I should clarify, when I rename Mother3.sav from ExpLoader to Mother3.gba.sav for AKAIO, and then load the game, in the game it tells me "Data Corrupt. Save file(s) deleted."

And when I do the "Dump SRAM" from the 3-in-1 menu, it gives me a 512kb file for a GBA save. The save from ExpLoader is 64kb. But if I load the old save in Exploader 0.58b, and then go into the game from AKAIO, it only gives me the option to create a new game, and not load game.

Edit2: I turned on the save/load prompts for GBA, cleared out the NOR, and then re-loaded Mother 3 to it, and attempted to start a new game, and saved that, and even still, after saving it on a reboot, and then loading the game again, still it only gave me the option to start a new game. I wonder if this is a Mother 3 related problem, or a NOR related problem? Anyone know any other 32MB games so that I can test it?

jhoff80

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
the mother3 english translation patch causes many issues, saving is one of them. i do believe kingdom hearts is a 32meg gba game.

Thanks for the suggestion about Kingdom Hearts. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be saving properly with AKAIO either, so it's not just a Mother3 issue. Is it possible that AKAIO just doesn't work right for saving games that need the NOR flash? I guess I can just continue using GBA ExpLoader, but it'd be nice if it worked natively.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i've never had a problem. i leave a 1st person shooter in nor at all times to make use of the battery sram backups. dumping the save has always worked. i also flash to psram on a daily basis and only use the akaio 3in1 tools.

not sure what your problem is.

-another world

bluesceada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ah, I think this is now really the right thread for my problem........

same here...... AKAIO corrupts the savefile

I have two EZ 3in1 here, one is older and one is newer....

AK2 official with the older one works wonderful ever since I started playing Mother3 (+ENG)

the new one doesn't get detected by AK2 official, and so I tried AKAIO which corrupts the savegame...
frown.gif

It seems to be still not fixed.... any other solutions than "manual mode" and handling it through exploader?

Maybe some other patch for Mother3 ?
I tried with:
- Mother3 + ENG patch + EZ patch
- Mother3 + ENG patch

Here is another thread I wrote to in more detail, but which probably doesn't help much:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165...=0#entry2107513

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol