GBATEMP.NET - Bandwidth? - Donations ? PLEASE READ

Kosaic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All,

I may get my fingers slapped for this, as I'm posting this on the Wii Hacking forum, but I think it is safe to say that it is the most active forum on this entire site.

Having said that, I'm personally getting VERY tired of the speed of GBATEMP.NET (Please dont take offense mods/owners, read on) I get page timeouts ALL the time, and overall the speed of this forum is very poor. I know it could be much better.

Now, There are a PILE of great people on here, I think we would all agree. I feel that we need a site (host) that can handle the load, and provide speedy pageloads. The site design itself is great, we just need a better backbone to house it on.

I suggest, that everyone who is active, make some monetary donation to the site owners (via whichever method they prefer like Paypal for example) As with a LOT of other forums, you can even tag each member with a "Bronze, Silver or Gold" tag on their profile based on their donation amount.

In turn, the owners of this site can pay for additional bandwidth so the forum acts in a more fluent manner, and can handle the massive amount of posts that we all generate.

I'll start it off with $20.00us ............... Please let me know where/how to deposit (or set something up for everyone to make this easy.)

This is meant to be constructive, and further enable this great site !

Cheers,

Kosaic

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First of all, let me say thanks for your concern and gracious generosity. It's nice to know our members appreciate our site.

Secondly, I've moved your topic to 'Site discussions, suggestions & forum help'.

Thirdly, please know that the staff are more than aware of the state of the site and how it's been over the last couple of months. We are actively working on a resolution, which I'm sure you'll all be content with once we have it completed. We are literally working over time to combat these problems. Any long term member will know how much pride we take in our site, and that we stick by our promises.

We do not accept member donations, but thanks very much for the offer.
smile.gif
Our affiliates cover our hosting bills and whatever else. The problems are simply not a case of a lack of funds. It's just going to take time and effort to sort everything out.

We also have a few surprises lined up to make up for these issues when everything has settled down, so stay tuned.
wink.gif

Kosaic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks very much ... appreciate the note.

I wasnt stating that gbatemp.net had a lack of funds ... but let's face it, more funds makes "bigger and better" a lot easier.

The users should pay in my opinion (optionally) .... but that is just my opinion of course
smile.gif

Thanks ! Great site.

D

Deleted User

Maybe it's a problem on you?

Website works fast for me. The only time there were slowdowns were the times when new big things are released (e.g. USB Loader)

EDIT: I know I might look selfish, but I don't even have cash on my Paypal. Plus, I'm an underage minor. Till I complete those weird offers for paypal cash, I'll have to dream up me donating 60 USD or something.

Kosaic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks ... I'm a 20+ year computer engineer, so please trust me when I say, it's not my connection
smile.gif

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
Kosaic said:
Thanks ... I'm a 20+ year computer engineer, so please trust me when I say, it's not my connection
smile.gif

yeah connection been terrible for me aswell ,

i also think a VIP / PRIVATE section could be introduced or similar , i know this goes against the public forum a bit , but i feel some threads are pointlessly spammed and others are just pointless ! i think someone should be able to make their own thread private , and only allow peeps to post that are allowed / invited ! so thererfore you can still read up on the thread but dont have to read the piles of crap ! imo that can only benefit GBAtemp
yaynds.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its a lot better now then it was in early March though. After the server change it has gotten slightly slower, and I get the occasional time out. Just sit patient it sounds like the mods and Admins are still trying to improve the site, To make it like it was before the server change.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Knocks said:
LOL this site is profitable. They don't need donations.
I don't think the profits are that much. We have no banner ads like other sites, or any of those in-between posts ads like other sites do. And yet we still have more visitors than those sites.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It has however improved than before, many thanks to all the people that keep this site up and running, much appreciated, its a great place to be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4