dib

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Buying protectors is always a gamble because you can't know the quality until the purchase has been made and they've been applied. So one has only word-of-mouth to make any sort of prediction, and hence why I'm posting this.

My sister received a new DS Lite awhile back, and they bought some name brand Nintendo protectors that turned out to be terrible. They were glorified saran wrap, that peeled and bubbled within days of application. It was almost laughable with how shoddy these were, save for the fact that they were also relatively expensive from what I was told.

So I took over the search for some decent ones on her behalf. The Hori are popular, I have used them on my own DS since I bought it on the launch day in 2004. The first place I looked was Dealextreme, which were sold out of them for her Lite. So at random I pulled Dealwoot off the 'recommended seller' list here on GBAtemp, and their product here.

$5 with no S+H seemed initially nearly too good to be true, but also meant that if they turned out to be generic then I didn't lose much either. I received two complete packs for that price (something that seemed to be denoted on the checkout form but I wasn't certain until they actually arrived). Each protector was sandwiched between two peel sheets, and they have a good tension for the sturdiness one would expect without interfering with the touch screen operation. Each pack also has a cleaning cloth and applicator card included.

She was very impressed at the difference they made compared to the Nintendo ones, which is a fact I touted since offering to replace them. One really feels the difference that a quality protector makes whenever using the stylus and I think I'm liking these better than my old Hori brand. It is unfortunate that they don't offer any sized for my DS classic.

So the point is they're cheap in price, you get two sets, and they're high quality and easily applied so I doubt anybody could be disappointed.

mcjones92

Kingpin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the DS classic too so just use a pda screen protector and cut it to size.
smile.gif

dib

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have no issue finding protectors for my own DS, I'm simply stating that I would gladly buy a pair of these brand for my own if only they produced them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo,