Hacking Maybe it's time you guys knew this.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
this is a way to say go ahead and buy more consoles now if you wanna stay in the scene
wink.gif
the softmod didn't even effect the sales of the Wii or the Wii Games that's why even the new copies of Zelda still have the exploit with out even an attempt to patch , so this is still too early to be true , and for each NUT there is a CRACKER
wink.gif
peace

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
apparently, it's impossible to install any CIOS on these wii... which indeed block any kind of softmodding solution
mellow.gif

has it been verified ? how is it possible ?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
apparently, it's impossible to install any CIOS on these wii... which indeed block any kind of softmodding solution
mellow.gif

has it been verified ? how is it possible ?
yes there is a block on some stuff like cios but there also a fix in the works. so new wiis will just have to hang on

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
ok, Bushing explained it better... this shows how fast misinformation can spread
Bushing said:
I think we're playing a game of "telephone" here -- dCiSo hit me up on IRC and said that he had received an email asking "have you seen or worked with the new Wii NAND yet? Some people are saying that you can no longer dump it with homebrew apps or use any type of homebrew with it".

This is a surprise to me, but only partially. We know that the latest updates to IOS not only fixed the fakesigning bug everywhere, but that they went back and fixed it in boot2v4 (where it doesn't affect anything) and a new boot1, present on Wiis made within the last few months. So when someone asks me "hey did you hear about the new Wiis that can't be hacked", I think to these Wiis that come with fixed versions of boot1, boot2 and IOS. I wrote back "did you see this? http://hackmii.com/2009/02/bootmii-and-the-new-boot1/ ... I don't know why the HBC wouldn't install using the Twilight Hack, though ... next time you run into someone like that, ask them to try to come find me on IRC"

(Nintendo did finally figure one thing out -- when they release a whole bunch of changes all at once, I / we don't have time to go through all of them and figure out what they changed and what bugs they fixed.)

So, that explains why it's hard to dump the flash (/dev/flash is blocked in most or all of the installed IOSes). I would expect the Twilight Hack to still work (at least on menu 3.4 and earlier; maybe they will fix it right the third time). I would expect the HBC installer to still work, since it uses an undisclosed exploit (for this very reason). I don't know anything about whether "softmods" will work -- dCiSo didn't ask me about that, and honestly, I've never looked too closely at them.

Hopefully that answers the question of "what does boot1 have to do with softmods"? Answer: Nothing, but the new boot1 implies that Nintendo is getting better (or more serious) at fixing bugs.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even read the article fully, once I saw that stupid gravestone pic I closed the tab and will never visit that lame website again
smile.gif

Glad to see speculation is still running just as wild as hulkamania was in the 80's
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo