mudrik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi all!
I'm happy to announce that I've added support for hardware-accelerated blit and fillrect operations to libSDL for the Wii and GameCube. I hope that the changes will be accepted into devkitPro's SDL port, but in any case in the meantime you can play with my fork (I'm not allowed to post links to this forum, but just append mardy/SDL to the github homepage and you'll find it).

The README file has step-by-step instructions on how to build the library, so hopefully it's something that you can try easily.

I've tried it on a few games already, and they do work, but they almost made no use of 2D operations (they mostly call SDL_LockSurface() and then handle pixels by hand), so this is not a full test. If you know of Wii games using SDL with many calls to SDL_FillRect or SDL_BlitSurface, please let me know, I will try to test them :-)

Now I'll go back to work on my little game, hopefully you'll get news about it in a couple of months :-)

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Disorarara

mudrik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Thanks!

As for World of Goo, as far as I understand the game is not open source, so I'm afraid there's little we can do about it. I found this nice page of SDL games on the wiibrew wiki (https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Category:Homebrew_using_SDL_libraries -- finally I can post links, too :-) ), and I tried a couple of them. They do work, but all they do is direct pixel manipulation, so using my build of SDL doesn't bring a performance benefit in their case. But if someone knows of an open source Wii SDL game that has low FPS, please let me know, maybe we can do something about it.

Reactions: Disorarara

GateGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mentioned this game in your SDL2 thread, but Trogdor: Reburninated is currently 25 FPS at 480p and makes heavy use of SDL_BlitSurface. If you're looking for a test, I added a branch to the repo that disables the resolution change at higher framerates so it always forces 480p.

Reactions: mudrik

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch