No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
KWiirk released cIOS USB2 beta1 beta2 is out!!!:

QUOTE said:
This program is a modification of custom ios module by neimod, implementing a usb2 (ehci) driver instead of the oh0 module. Requires an IOS that accepts fake signatures, in other words 3.2.

Description:

* added libcios, to avoid (source) code duplication between modules and iostester
* corrected some bugs in the original code (stack address pointed to the begginning of actual memory allocation, but needed to be at the end.)
* added tinyehci, a minimal generic ehci driver based on linux ehci-hcd driver.
* added oh0module, which implements the oh0 ios messages with tinyehci, and new usbstorage messages for even better
* added patchmii installer

Driver limitation:

For the moment this driver is EHCI only. This means only usb2 devices would work. I actually only tested hard-drive and sdcard reader (my USBkey wont work). So forget keyboard, mices, and other USB1.1 toys for the moment. Bluetooth keyboards/mouses might work independently. It would not be so difficult to connect a OHCI driver once it is done to get that usb1.1 support. Grub2 implements a small OHCI driver which could do the job (dont wait for me to do it, all source code is GPL). The lack of a real usb stack means the driver also lacks hub support. Anyway, the USB2 hubs "TT" mechanism is a bit complicated, and would need a lot more work. The driver doesn't implement the scheduled pipes, ie interrupt and isochronous pipes, which would be needed for highend webcams (I cannot think of other usb2 devices type that uses such pipes.)

beta2 changelog

* added a ehc custom module which implements standard ios usb API over /dev/usb/ehc, plus custom usbstorage direct api.
* restored the legacy oh0 module from nintendo. External USB1.1 devices will be taken care of by this module.
* changed the order of module loading in order to be sure that EHCI initialization code runs before OH1, now bluetooth should work more reliabily.
* added libfat w/ read_ahead and USBspeedTest, courtesy of rodries from mplayer-ce team.

Todo:

* Performances are still limited to 4MB/s on a HD which can do up to 119MB/s with dd on linux.
* compatibility: I got one lowend USB key, which doesn't work (stalled at the first bulk message)
* more testing is needed, but for now it seems more stable than nintendo's oh0 driver (which crashed when doing a performance test..)
WiiBrew-Page

It's still Beta, but looks great and opens a lot of new possibilities, and no, I'm NOT only speaking of USB-ISO loading
rolleyes.gif
...I speak about Media Players (like MPlayer-CE and other). There are for shure also other possibilities...

Recompiled Apps that use USB 2.0:
QUOTEMPlayerWii by nicksasa

Many Thanks at all who do recompiling, especially nicksasa
wink.gif
!!!
biggrin.gif
Now let's discuss
smile.gif

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
KWiirk released

QUOTE said:
Description

This program is a modification of custom ios module by neimod, implementing a usb2 (ehci) driver instead of the oh0 module.

* added libcios, to avoid (source) code duplication between modules and iostester
* corrected some bugs in the original code (stack address pointed to the begginning of actual memory allocation, but needed to be at the end.)
* added tinyehci, a minimal generic ehci driver based on linux ehci-hcd driver.
* added oh0module, which implements the oh0 ios messages with tinyehci, and new usbstorage messages for even better
* added patchmii installer

Very nice! Link? Thanks! I see you just added it.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
holy sweet zombie jesus!!!!!

USB 2.0!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GUYS FUCKING ROCK LIKE NO OTHER!!!!!!!!

Where's all the people who said it coudln't be done!!! PWND!!!!!

Now, let's get some apps to start using this! Do I see a homebrew flatmii comming soon??

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm looking forward to:

-Faster loading for Media Players
-Support for DVD-Drives and other things that needs USB 2.0 (Wii Linux?)
-Boot WiiLinux from HD
-etc...

smile.gif
Oh, and remember, it's a (very good) Beta
lecture.gif

(And no, I'm not mentioning the USB-Loader...Nintendo would be totaly screwed with this...
cry.gif
).

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow!
Awesome...

Hoepfully we see some apps based on the 2.0 speed soon...

Omg, Nintendo can't beat Homebrew! (Even they have the original SDK etc and know their product better... or...? not...)

K

Kurisuellegarden

Nintendo had no need to do this. They wanted the ports only to be used for Mics, Keyboards, and stuff like that! I think they put limitations on it so WE couldn't hack it for backups and stuff like that. =] Nintendo thought of a lot ways to stop piracy but, everything is hackable.

I'd have to say, Nintendo is one of the best companies to avoid easy hacking. =]

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but didn't marcan or bushing(the ones that made the homebrew chanel) say that the wii was the one with the less security out of the three consoles.I Agree that it wasnt't easy but lol easier than the ps3 and 360

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
That is indeed interesting! Does this mean that any use of the USB ports will automatically become USB 2.0, or does the application need to be programmed specifically to make use of it?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
A hack to make Rock Band 2 save dlc to the USB ports would be awesome
tongue.gif

Relatively easy- just trick the Wii into thinking that the SD Card/USB Storage are one and the same. Couldn't take too long- I actually bet that a USB/SD app will be among the first released.

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, this is relatively easy in theory
smile.gif
You'd have to somehow hack the system to mount usb when game tries to mount sd, or something like that
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb