Gaming Chrono Trigger Official Help Thread

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
This is the official help thread for the Chrono Trigger game..

I have decided to create this to prevent multiple threads all around the place..
If you have any questions on the game, or you're stuck in the story, ask here!

DO NOT ask how to make game work on your flashcart, for such questions, use http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=116478 Official release thread..

All other threads for the help in the game will be closed!
Thanks
smile.gif

EmCee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, who is the best character to give all of the power tabs or "Strength Capsules" i find to?

Thank you

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
EmCee said:
Hey, who is the best character to give all of the power tabs or "Strength Capsules" i find to?

Thank you
I'd say Frog, or Crono but prefferably Frog.

Agree on Frog, if it's early in the game. If you save up for later in the game, then Crono. Why?

Because Frog gets extremely high criticals early in the game when he has the Masamune and the Hero Badge equipped he gets a 50% chance of criticals. If it's later in the game when you start getting the rainbow equipment then I'd go with Crono since his chance of criticals goes through the roof.

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not REALLY fitting in this thread i guess, but what the hell.

I Heard you could play the japaneese version with english writing, but will there be any diffrence in the J release compared to the US? Should i just*cough* order a version from japan now? or wait for it to release in the US and get that instead?

EmCee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
Noitora said:
EmCee said:

Thank you
I'd say Frog, or Crono but prefferably Frog.

Agree on Frog, if it's early in the game. If you save up for later in the game, then Crono. Why?

Because Frog gets extremely high criticals early in the game when he has the Masamune and the Hero Badge equipped he gets a 50% chance of criticals. If it's later in the game when you start getting the rainbow equipment then I'd go with Crono since his chance of criticals goes through the roof.

Much thanks Jiggah
yaynds.gif

Earl, there is no reason to wait for the English version. The Japanese version of Chrono Trigger's default language is English.
I don't think there will be a difference in the US version, unless if someone can prove me wrong.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do I switch characters in this one? I'm up to the point where you're supposed to go get Epoch but for some reason, I have not been able to switch any of my characters (Except for when you first get Robo) around. Y button doesn't work anymore and using the arrow icon won't allow me to change either since all the characters in your party have been darken.

EDIT: Oh and I've also went to go talk to the party members at the End of Time but have not been able to switch them in either.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Their will most likely be no changes of the US from the JP release, but I prefer US releases even over JP or EU releases even if they have English. And just because I can. I will be buying the game when it is released.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
How do I switch characters in this one? I'm up to the point where you're supposed to go get Epoch but for some reason, I have not been able to switch any of my characters (Except for when you first get Robo) around. Y button doesn't work anymore and using the arrow icon won't allow me to change either since all the characters in your party have been darken.

EDIT: Oh and I've also went to go talk to the party members at the End of Time but have not been able to switch them in either.

The icon on the menu that has arrows going in a circle. I'm amazed that you got that far without figuring how to switch members.

Is it just me or is Spekkio harder than before? Could just be I'm not be farming AP like I usually do...

Edit:
Reread your post...you're probably at a story point which means you need to complete that part of the storyline before you can switch members.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On the SNES version, I remember being able to switch Ayla out for Lucca when I got to Zeal. However, I wasn't able to do it in this one. The only time I was even able to switch out was right after recruiting Robo =\ .

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out now lol. It seems I had the "Save Anywhere" cheat enabled, which disables party switching >_> . I don't remember turning on this code at all, only the piracy bypasses.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
EmCee said:
Earl, there is no reason to wait for the English version. The Japanese version of Chrono Trigger's default language is English.
I don't think there will be a difference in the US version, unless if someone can prove me wrong.
Just wanted to clarify that the default language for CT is whatever you have set on your DS as default. If you set your DS to Japanese language, then CT will start in Japanese as well.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
EmCee said:
Hey, sorry but I need some recommendations on who to give the magic tabs to.
Thanks
You should save the strength pills for the physical heavy-hitters like Crono, Frog and Ayla.
The magic ones are best used on Lucca, Marle and Magus.
Speed tablets are good for anyone. I just give them to whoever has the lowest speed and try to keep them all even. Or if you have someone who uses a powerful tech that attacks all enemies, you can increase that character's speed so that they always get their attack in first, then everyone else can just pick off the weakened enemies.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the magic capsules could go to any character. All characters will be using magic a lot, I really can't think of a single character that is pure physical; Crono for Luminaire, Frog for Heal, and Robo for Heal Beam. Additionally, the magic users (Marle, Lucca, and Magus) already have extremely good magic growth, so you don't really need to worry about them.

My recommendation is either Frog or Robo specifically for their group heal ability. Marle is an obvious healer but she lacks a group healing ability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1