Gaming windows 7 64bit to 32 bit

Hellow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
can i install windows 7 64bit on a 32 bit only computer because ive got a 64bit iso but want to change it to the 32bit version. OR. is there a way to change an HP Pavillion dv6000 32bit notebook to 64bit even though it says its not compatible with 64bit

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I the processors is 32 bits, you'll NEVER be able to install a 64 bits OS (windows linux, mac, dosen't mather). the change of the processor in a trademarked PC (HP) is unlikely, the best way is buy a new one.

Besides, why install a windows 7 64 bit version in a home computer? There are few software that rully uses the 64 bit buffer in a processor (that's why so many vendors instal 32 bit version of windows in a 64 bit capabke pc). THe 32 bit software runs in an emulated version, making a 64 bit processor be slower than a 32 bit one.

If you think of the RAM thing, I recommend the limit (4 GB) and buy a better graphic card (a 1Gb be good, the graphic processors are a lot way faster than CPU).

Lentium

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Running 32-bit software on 64-bit Windows isn't exactly emulation, memory access (which includes memory virtually mapped to hardware) just goes through an address translation. Because of the way Windows manages virtual memory, 32-bit or 64-bit software doesn't have to worry about keeping track of the exact blocks it gets and therefore all software goes through the same kind of address translation whenever it accesses memory. There should be no measurable performance hit.

If the CPU in your PC in indeed 32-bit only, then there's nothing you can do to put 64-bit Windows on it, but I say go for 64-bit if you can. I doubt the next version of windows will have a 32-bit edition, especially if netbook architecture shifts over to 64-bit.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Lentium said:
Running 32-bit software on 64-bit Windows isn't exactly emulation, memory access (which includes memory virtually mapped to hardware) just goes through an address translation. Because of the way Windows manages virtual memory, 32-bit or 64-bit software doesn't have to worry about keeping track of the exact blocks it gets and therefore all software goes through the same kind of address translation whenever it accesses memory. There should be no measurable performance hit.

If the CPU in your PC in indeed 32-bit only, then there's nothing you can do to put 64-bit Windows on it, but I say go for 64-bit if you can. I doubt the next version of windows will have a 32-bit edition, especially if netbook architecture shifts over to 64-bit.

I know the 32 bit over a 64 bit is not emulation, but it applies only for pc, not servers, as versions of windows for servers actually had to emulate the environment of a 32 bit pc (the procesor is the actual one which emulates the 32 bit buffer for instructions.

Also, microsoft has stated the next version (or at least the info was leaked) will have support for 32 and 64 bits, for PC only, and they aim to bring only support in server versions for 64 and 128 (yes, you read 128) bits.

Also, this topic needs to be closed and/or moved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Fun fact @SylverReZ: iirc one of the goals on the fnf Kickstarter stated that pico 2 would be finished but the Kickstarter didnt get enough money for that goal to be fullfiled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, FNF sucks, their community is toxic as hell.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ its a single player game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, Yea but it has a shitton of mods with their own songs and stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and quite a lot of people involved in those mods get cancelled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Newgrounds wasn't the birth of FNF; rather, it was games where you beat up celebrities and parodies.
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    FNF was born from Game Jams
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Specifically Ludum Dare 47
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and Sonic fights a la dragón ball z
    T @ Texasauras: help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUPdNq0qyeA