PsychoZeke

OP
Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, new member here looking for a possible solution... Before proceeding, I searched before posting, but couldn't find any topic similar that delves with what I'm trying to find.

My current situation is that I've recently discovered Zombie Daisuki and would like to rip the music; however, dumping tools don't seem to work given that the game apparently uses a custom sound driver, which means WAV recording seems to be my only option. Some themes can be easily recorded, but others can't due to constant SFX, which brings me my question: is there any code that could possibly mute SFX for a game? I'm currently using the latest DeSmuME emu.

As stated, I looked before posting not finding a topic that dealt with this or was similar to it.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the SFX are not part of the backing track itself can you not just drop channels in the emulator- in the dev version of desmume click the "tools" pulldown menu and then "sound state"

Up pops a new window- checkboxes remove channels. You have two screens as well (top left part of the sound menu is a button to take you to the second half of the screen).

As for cheats they might be made for an SDAT track (or if it was you could just repoint the offending files outside the SDAT) but a custom audio track might prove a bit more tricky.

I will have to check out the sound in Zombie Daisuki- I saw it when I pulled apart the game and it looks interesting.

PsychoZeke

OP
Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
United States
Huh, you're right, I had completely forgotten about dropping channels... I'll try that out first and see if it doesn't affect the music. I'm quite immersed with the game, so I'm positive I'll be able to record much of the soundtrack in a few days were the dropping of the channels method work 100%.

If you manage to pull some of the sound, do let me know.

Thanks for the reply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1