OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
cyclods.gif
CycloDS Evolution Firmware v1.54 BETA-4
Update

evo-can.jpg

Team Cyclo has released the CycloDS Evolution Firmware v1.54 BETA-4. Please see the spoilers for more information.

v1.54 BETA-4
* Added automatic piracy patcher
* Updated support for EZ3in1+

[title:Protected game auto-patcher]
As many of you are probably aware, a number of recent games have included a form of copy protection where the game will exhibit strange problems if you attempt to run it as a backup [rather than from the original cartridge]. Until now it was necessary to either use a "protection bypass cheat code" or wait for us to manually include a compatibility fix as part of a firmware update. Following in the footsteps of AKAIO, we have now developed our own system which automatically disables the checks in protected games. without needing to use a cheat code or wait for a firmware update. The system is working in all protected games released to date, and providing there are no major changes to the way the protection works, it should continue to work in the future.

We have now improved support for EZ3in1+ as much as is possible, however it seems that this revised unit suffers from actual hardware problems which unfortunately may not be fixable in software. Rumble does not seem to work at all, and there appear to be timing problems with the NOR flash which affect GBA gameplay. We have tested against the official EZ5 kernel from the EZFlash team which produces the same results we are seeing - this only further supports the theory that these problems are caused by the hardware itself. Until the EZFLash team fixes these problems in their own kernel and release working source code for us to use then we are going to hold this assumption and will not be investing any more time in EZ3in1+ compatibility when it may very well be a futile cause. We really do wonder if this new hardware was tested properly
before release or if it was simply rushed out the door due to problems sourcing stock of the old components.

Details of the problems are as follows:

- Rumble does not seem to work at all, at least not with the source code provided (and does not work with the official EZ5 kernel either)
- Writing GBA games to NOR flash is supported, however some combinations of GBA card bus wait states seem to run unstable which can cause various problems with some games from sound glitches to preventing the game from even booting. Running GBA games from NOR with EZ3in1+ really is hit and miss and we recommend using PSRAM instead whenever possible.

download.gif
Download
discuss.png
Discuss

Contributed by Ashbox

OSW: sorry guys, I accidentally broke the post. I'll try and fix this up soon.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt even know that was possible..
i thought patches were made AFTER the teams (and Narin) figured out the problem..
well, go team cyclops!

also, whats the whole thing about the 3in1+?
i dun get it..

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are people hyping this so much and saying they're the best. Both AKAIO AND the recent update for Supercard DS-One included this piracy fix as well. They simply copied it from the competitors.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it does, but I hope people would stop hyping these people for taking credit for something they didn't create. People here think cyclo MADE the thing themselves, when they really just copied it from other people who haven't been credited yet.

adjcn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ashbox said:
yaynds.gif
well its a good thing i found this and posted it here ......
YOUR ALL FREAKING WELCOME
mad.gif

but i hate the fact they haven't fixed nor completely or the rumble.......
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

WELL THIS IS A START!!
To live is to copy is to improve what it was improved to live is to add everything that will be good.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Because THIS really is front page news, I added this to AKAIO months ago. Supercard doesnt have auto piracy patching. Cyclods may have the best official support but they do take ages to catch on to simple protections.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I really think TC should give up their support for the EZ3in1+. It's just wasting their time when they can be working on other things that we really need for future updates. I doubt EZFlash is going to release a new source code for them to work on.

Also Normmatt, do you have any plans for any more new updates for the AKAIO firmware that's new and original and not on any other flashcarts yet?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who said it wasn't? Acekard is now better than the cyclo though since they had to steal a homebrewer's work as a new feature.

I hate my supercard. But I can't afford a new card. Try being more polite and at least face the fact that Cyclo team copied a feature from someone else, making them second best here.

niu

Trophies
Website
blog.sina.com.tw
XP
Country
United States
but AKAIO have big bug
**anti-piracy patch lost after press L+R+SELECT+START
**Example 3332,3369, and more....

DSone SDHC & CycloDS Evolution is best.

Site & Scene News