XP
Country
Colombia
niu said:
but AKAIO have big bug
**anti-piracy patch lost after press L+R+SELECT+START
**Example 3332,3369, and more....

DSone SDHC & CycloDS Evolution is best.

L+R+Select+Start is an ingame reboot which means none of the patching routines are added because its rebooting IN GAME and not with the firmware. that is not a bug, that is because the developers of the game did not include anti-piracy patching for their games for those who rip them to roms.

-another world

ComplicatioN

Broken Barriers
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
granville said:
Why are people hyping this so much and saying they're the best. Both AKAIO AND the recent update for Supercard DS-One included this piracy fix as well. They simply copied it from the competitors.
Monkey See Monkey Do!
TY TC
btw the link in the main page is leading to a home brew called AlienDS O_O

niu

Trophies
Website
blog.sina.com.tw
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
niu said:
but AKAIO have big bug
**anti-piracy patch lost after press L+R+SELECT+START
**Example 3332,3369, and more....

DSone SDHC & CycloDS Evolution is best.

L+R+Select+Start is an ingame reboot which means none of the patching routines are added because its rebooting IN GAME and not with the firmware. that is not a bug, that is because the developers of the game did not include anti-piracy patching for their games for those who rip them to roms.

-another world

AKAIO another bug
3369 anti-piracy patch lost after save & exit game.

DSone SDHC & CycloDS Evolution have not these problem.
DSone SDHC & CycloDS Evolution have the best patch engine.

niu

Trophies
Website
blog.sina.com.tw
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
granville said:
In that case, why did Supercard team SAY they supported it?

THEY didn't "3. Added: "Enable find patch from file" in patch mode, only for #3369 now." its a patch from file not an auto patcher.

SC Team fix a lot of games, but not documented in readme.

example 2540,2796,3055,3070,3149,3369,3396, and more anti-piracy game.......

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Moved to CycloDS section
the team doesn't like for their beta firmware's to be widespread nor posted on news pages, and ill respect that.

also, i dont see this news anywhere on their site/forum..so the download file has temporarily been removed, if you add it back please PM me a link to the source you grabbed it from.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Doggy124 said:
The download is there in CycloDS's forum in BETA Section. You need to log in to see this beta section.
http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10868
Ok, sorry, didn't know about that.
tongue.gif

I'll keep it off the front page, but you guys can re-upload it (sorry, once again) to the download center and use this topic for bug reports/discussion of the beta (hoping that doesn't make the CycloDS team mad). However, though, I suggest if you're going to report bugs you do it on their forum as I doubt the team's tech support browse the GBAtemp forums.

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
granville said:
Why are people hyping this so much and saying they're the best. Both AKAIO AND the recent update for Supercard DS-One included this piracy fix as well. They simply copied it from the competitors.
granville said:
Of course it does, but I hope people would stop hyping these people for taking credit for something they didn't create. People here think cyclo MADE the thing themselves, when they really just copied it from other people who haven't been credited yet.
If you had bothered to read the notes regarding this, you'd know that this is a GENERIC FIX for copy protected games which is designed to work even with future games, thus not requiring special cheat codes or a firmware update to get them working. As far as I know both SC and AKAIO simply have game-specific patches added manually on a per-game basis and nothing generic, which would make what TC has done a world first. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

QUOTE(Normmatt @ Mar 6 2009, 11:46 AM)
Because THIS really is front page news, I added this to AKAIO months ago. Supercard doesnt have auto piracy patching. Cyclods may have the best official support but they do take ages to catch on to simple protections.
What exactly was it that you added to AKAIO? Game-specific fixes or a true generic protection patcher which should also work on future games? If its generic does it also work on "double protected" games such as the new mario RPG?

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya www.teamcyclops.com keeps banning my email addys everytime i try to make an account. How am i sposed to get the new firmware if i cant get an account there? If anyone could enlighten me...plz do so...........

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
hoist20032002 said:
ya www.teamcyclops.com keeps banning my email addys everytime i try to make an account. How am i sposed to get the new firmware if i cant get an account there? If anyone could enlighten me...plz do so...........
You can use Mailinator, i did it, and it worked!

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
granville said:
Who said it wasn't? Acekard is now better than the cyclo though since they had to steal a homebrewer's work as a new feature.

I hate my supercard. But I can't afford a new card. Try being more polite and at least face the fact that Cyclo team copied a feature from someone else, making them second best here.

Pfffft. Us more polite? Who came to this topic and started the whole "CycloDS isn't that good, it copies features, blah blah blah"? This topic is about a new beta firmware for the CycloDS: if you don't have one, why do you bash it? If we want to consider OUR flashcart the best on the market, we are totally entitled to do so. We don't care who did it first, we're just glad we have that feature. Try getting off your high horse or go troll somewhere else.

PS: Thanks, Berthenk. I was finally able to register in the Cyclops forums.

Edit: Not credited?

QUOTEFollowing in the footsteps of AKAIO, we have now developed our own system which automatically disables the checks in protected games. without needing to use a cheat code or wait for a firmware update.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, what the heck??? I NEVER said the Cyclo was no good, merely that people were raving about it having a new feature that they copied from a homebrewer. Good god, you have no right to attack me. I never attacked you, your opinion, OR your flashcard. I think the Cyclo is great. I also think the flashcard I currently have (SC Ds-One) sucks. But in this regard, Acekard has it beaten with AKAIO, having had the feature about a month before cyclo. You just attacked me for no reason. You're trolling, not me.

What I was trying to say is that people should give credit to the AKAIO team since they made the feature. I'm not saying Cyclo are thieves, just that they don't deserve the credit for it as people are giving to them.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
For the God's sake STOP ARGUING!!!

This whole thread is a mess, and only thing you're accomplishing here is flaming from all sides!
Continue to talk about features and comment on the firmware update, but without arguing and flames!

I was a bit strict with moderating now, and I moderate everything that had led (and that might lead) to arguing..I won't take sides, I'm not saying who's right and who is wrong, I merely removed everything that might be problematic in the future!

Be nice guys (and gals)!!!!

laugh.gif

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
*snip

AKAIO has a generic patcher and has had for a few months. But it does not work on MLRPG3 which required a new patch specific to that game.
Well its not truly generic if it doesnt work with MLRPG3 is it? I've personally tested the new cyclods patcher with MLRPG3 and it works fine, so either they are using a game specific fix for this title (from what they claim, they are not) or their patcher truly is generic. I guess we'll see which patchers are truly generic after the next round of protected releases
smile.gif

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
johnchan said:
Normmatt said:
*snip

AKAIO has a generic patcher and has had for a few months. But it does not work on MLRPG3 which required a new patch specific to that game.
Well its not truly generic if it doesnt work with MLRPG3 is it? I've personally tested the new cyclods patcher with MLRPG3 and it works fine, so either they are using a game specific fix for this title (from what they claim, they are not) or their patcher truly is generic. I guess we'll see which patchers are truly generic after the next round of protected releases
smile.gif

Trust me they use a game specific patch also for MLRPG3 because its the only game so far that uses a new protection once it becomes more common IF it becomes more common i'm sure it'll be made generic also but for not it is definately game specific.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM