1. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!
    Former Staff

Colombia

L+R+Select+Start is an ingame reboot which means none of the patching routines are added because its rebooting IN GAME and not with the firmware. that is not a bug, that is because the developers of the game did not include anti-piracy patching for their games for those who rip them to roms.

-another world

2. Mr.Mister

Mr.Mister GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Cool more BETA firmware! Nice to know about updates, but like a few others, I'll wait to update my firmware when the next official one is released.

3. ComplicatioN

ComplicatioN Broken Barriers

Monkey See Monkey Do!
    TY TC
    btw the link in the main page is leading to a home brew called AlienDS O_O

4. niu

niu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    AKAIO another bug
    3369 anti-piracy patch lost after save & exit game.

DSone SDHC & CycloDS Evolution have not these problem.
    DSone SDHC & CycloDS Evolution have the best patch engine.

5. niu

niu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    SC Team fix a lot of games, but not documented in readme.

example 2540,2796,3055,3070,3149,3369,3396, and more anti-piracy game.......

6. JPH

JPH Banned
    Banned

United States
    Moved to CycloDS section
    the team doesn't like for their beta firmware's to be widespread nor posted on news pages, and ill respect that.

also, i dont see this news anywhere on their site/forum..so the download file has temporarily been removed, if you add it back please PM me a link to the source you grabbed it from.

7. Doggy124

Doggy124 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
  8. JPH

JPH Banned
    Banned

United States
    Ok, sorry, didn't know about that. [​IMG]

I'll keep it off the front page, but you guys can re-upload it (sorry, once again) to the download center and use this topic for bug reports/discussion of the beta (hoping that doesn't make the CycloDS team mad). However, though, I suggest if you're going to report bugs you do it on their forum as I doubt the team's tech support browse the GBAtemp forums.

9. kevenka

kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Team Cyclops PWN All! [​IMG]

10. johnchan

johnchan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

What exactly was it that you added to AKAIO? Game-specific fixes or a true generic protection patcher which should also work on future games? If its generic does it also work on "double protected" games such as the new mario RPG?

11. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    *snip

AKAIO has a generic patcher and has had for a few months. But it does not work on MLRPG3 which required a new patch specific to that game.

12. hoist20032002

hoist20032002 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ya www.teamcyclops.com keeps banning my email addys everytime i try to make an account. How am i sposed to get the new firmware if i cant get an account there? If anyone could enlighten me...plz do so...........

13. Berthenk

Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    You can use Mailinator, i did it, and it worked!

14. hoist20032002

hoist20032002 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh My Gosh!!! It Actually Worked!!! TYVM Berthenk !!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Joey Ravn

Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

16. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Ok, what the heck??? I NEVER said the Cyclo was no good, merely that people were raving about it having a new feature that they copied from a homebrewer. Good god, you have no right to attack me. I never attacked you, your opinion, OR your flashcard. I think the Cyclo is great. I also think the flashcard I currently have (SC Ds-One) sucks. But in this regard, Acekard has it beaten with AKAIO, having had the feature about a month before cyclo. You just attacked me for no reason. You're trolling, not me.

What I was trying to say is that people should give credit to the AKAIO team since they made the feature. I'm not saying Cyclo are thieves, just that they don't deserve the credit for it as people are giving to them.

17. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]
    Global Moderator

United States
    that stopping piracy check thing is pretty neat

18. Toni Plutonij

Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
    Former Staff

Croatia
    For the God's sake STOP ARGUING!!!

This whole thread is a mess, and only thing you're accomplishing here is flaming from all sides!
    Continue to talk about features and comment on the firmware update, but without arguing and flames!

I was a bit strict with moderating now, and I moderate everything that had led (and that might lead) to arguing..I won't take sides, I'm not saying who's right and who is wrong, I merely removed everything that might be problematic in the future!

Be nice guys (and gals)!!!!

[​IMG]

19. johnchan

johnchan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Well its not truly generic if it doesnt work with MLRPG3 is it? I've personally tested the new cyclods patcher with MLRPG3 and it works fine, so either they are using a game specific fix for this title (from what they claim, they are not) or their patcher truly is generic. I guess we'll see which patchers are truly generic after the next round of protected releases [​IMG]

20. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Trust me they use a game specific patch also for MLRPG3 because its the only game so far that uses a new protection once it becomes more common IF it becomes more common i'm sure it'll be made generic also but for not it is definately game specific.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Evolution, Firmware, CycloDS