OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
wtf.gif
I ain't dying! I just have a lot of studies to do and I won't have enough spare time to do translations.
I'll be back by the beginning of the Summer.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:
psycoblaster said:
now if I was able to quickly create an extra text box or delete one, then I wouldn't care too much...
(I can by just hex editing, by changing the pointers, and writing the text with the right header, but it will take an awful lot of time to put ALL the rest of the pointers in the right spot, and darth's tool won't be able to recognize the new text, and I don't know why. (probably because I'm not understanding the format well enough...))
You want to be able to add lines and edit headers? Here's a version that will let you do that.
Download YsTrans v0.2

Naturally, you'll need to re-export .sjs files from your edited .bins.

It seems you can use any unused line number for the new line, so you shouldn't have to renumber everything afterwards. I can make it prettier than just dumping the header bytes, but you'll have to tell me what each line type does.
thanks, darth
biggrin.gif

is there a way to take out a line?
There wasn't much "adding" to do for right now, but we need to be able to delete unused lines...

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
thanks, darth
biggrin.gif

is there a way to take out a line?
There wasn't much "adding" to do for right now, but we need to be able to delete unused lines...
Yeah, just delete it and change headers as appropriate.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
so if I want to add/ delete lines, I'll just need to get the headers strait. that's all?
Well, I don't know what the game actually uses to determine which line to play for which conversation. If it's based off of the line number, you're fine. But if it's based off of the pointer table index, then changing the number of lines at all could mess everything up. That information isn't contained in the script .bin files, so if all the lines get messed up after you remove one, you'll probably need to look for the event script.

Edit: Tried removing a line and it seemed to work fine. You're probably safer only removing lines that come after a type 3, since those are just additional text boxes and most likely wouldn't be referenced directly by an event cue.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah... only need to remove additional text boxes...

Can you tell me what you did to remove the extra text box?
(I still don't get the headers on your script editor, so I just wanted to follow what you did to familiarize myself..)

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
yeah... only need to remove additional text boxes...

Can you tell me what you did to remove the extra text box?
(I still don't get the headers on your script editor, so I just wanted to follow what you did to familiarize myself..)It's just [line number]header.

Before:
Code:
[01ae]0300ae01af017a00
??????????????????\n??????????
[01af]0200af017a00
???????????
[01b0]0300b001b1017a00
???????????\n???????????????
After:
CODE[01ae]0200ae017a00
??????????????????\n??????????
[01b0]0300b001b1017a00
???????????\n???????????????

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
so all you've done was delete it, and it won't crash because the line # is still there?Apparently. Also, changed the type 3 before it to a type 2 since it's now the last line in the message box.

Like I said before, I can change the format of that header line to whatever style you want if you figure out what each part does for the different header types. For example,
CODE0200 af01 7a00 = Type 2: line number 0x1af, speaker number 0x7a
0300 ae01 af01 7a00 = Type 3: line number 0x1ae, next line number 0x1af, speaker number 0x7a

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you using to determine how much text can fit onto a line? I'm thinking of adding a max line length option to NFTRedit...

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
after we are done with minea, there is only 1 long script file left... for Zepik..
and then when we are done with zepik, we will start on the compressed text and left over graphics. And we'll be done
biggrin.gif

(but still, that's a long process)

and where the heck is noitora??

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
Using your NFTR editor... I got a text that perfectly fits the size of the maximum pixels on the screen
and I match my text up with it
but that max line thing would be nice
biggrin.gif
Ok, added.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright