ROM Hack YS DS translation project

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Using darthnemesis's updated NFTR editor, I just made another set of fonts replacing the double byte ASCII. This set of font overall has a shorter width, so when it comes to a time when I need less wider fonts (such as "Fortuneteller Sara's" from the screen I posted) I'll be using this font. (But the font design is the same
tongue.gif
)
Thanks again, Darth
biggrin.gif

Before -> After
Picture2-7.png
Picture1-11.png

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
kryss said:
Noitora is being a good boy and studying.

I'll be back on the script tomorrow morning.
Noitora was a bad boy and was suspended
tongue.gif

Kryss and everyone else who is helping with the project, you can take a break I appreciate the time you have spent in this project and we don't want people dying now
tongue.gif

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
minea wasn't edited since a few days ago... That's why I worked on the new font today XP
do you like it?
It's not really a new font, I've made a thinner font replacing the double byte ascii english characeters. So there are 2 sets of fonts now, one for regular usage, the other just in case we need to use a thinner font like that.

and by asking Ys "pros", some changes were made in what I did:

Daam/Dahm -> Darm
Dahm key - Darm key
Rad tower -> Rado's Annex
Dark=fact -> Dark Fact
Sarah -> Sara
Pim/Bim -> Pim

and did you see the screens on the page before this??

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BIG NEWS: noitora won't be able to work on this project for 2 month.
So we (or is it "I"?) are recruiting more translators, as I really want to get done with this project quickly.
Anybody with japanese knowledge are welcome, and I will ask noitora to do what we need from him right before he leaves. Romhacking progress may slow down, but the team will still be alive.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
working lonely by myself...
all of the script of scriptDaam has been re-done, now with the line breaks all fixed, so there are no more awkward texts in Daam.
Rado's Tower/ Lado's Tower/Rad Tower/Lad Tower has been renamed to Rado Annex, and the Book of Ys has been renamed to the Ys Book.
Now, I just need to make sure minea goes all well, and I will finish re-doing scriptBarba, matching the text up with the spreadsheet, and revise all of the line breaks by tomorrow.
after I'm done with scriptBarba, then that means I can wait until minea is done and finishes revising, I'll post the final spreadsheet that I made, with all 4 (or was it 5) of the left script files...
I also need help from anybody that fluently speaks japanese because I can see right now that progression of the translation has slowed down.
Thanks for all support.

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
I can update the first post if you want me to, tell me what to add, I'll be online for 10 more mins or so.
Also Psycoblaster, PM me and I'll add everything you tell me when I see your messages.I'll check my inbox whenever I have time.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
add the new screens (they are in spoiler tags in random pages so it might be hard to find)
add the new script file that I've made,
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pDE...fPWOA&hl=en
it's a script file of everything else.

well here are the good screens XP
Picture1-11.png
Picture1-10.png
Picture10.png
Picture11.png
Picture12.png
Picture3-2.png
Picture4-2.png
Picture5-2.png
Picture6-2.png
Picture7-1.png
Picture9.png
Picture8-1.png
sign.png

just choose few of the best and put them in the first post.
wtf.gif

I really need to take new screens
those are the screens I took before line break revisions

Harun85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
harun85.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Good day.

@Noitora: I will notify you when I start translating. I've checked the three spreadsheets, to get an overview of the amount of text you're working with. Can you give an order of viewing the spreadsheets?

I would like to offer my help with the YS translation project.
(I've never played the series before, so I'll be doing a fair bit of research after my exam on Tuesday.)

I hope I can be of assistance.
smile.gif

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Harun85 thank you for your valuable help, whenever you want to get started start with the file ScriptMinea, and the only one remaining after ScriptMinea is the file exactly above.Check the first post for details.

Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...