Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that noise has been around for a long time. when i messed with the themes a long time ago i took out the flip sound so it wouldnt make that annoying noise. but the new themes were updated by mamule and ayatus and they included the flip sound. its a flaw in wiiflow thats been there for a long time and apparently hard to fix. u could remove the flip wave from the theme and it should stop but then u wont have that sound effect.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one having this problem. :-) I renamed the flip wav file and that terrible noise stopped. I can definitely live without the flip sound if it means getting rid of the other noise too. Thanks a bunch man. It was driving me crazy.

todrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to distinguish between multiple versions of the same game in WiiFlow?

I intend to have multiple versions of SSBM. There are three revisions of NTSC, commonly referred to as 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2. I also intend to have PAL, a modded version called SD remix, and maybe separate texture-hacked versions.

I'd like the ability to pick and choose within WiiFlow without having to delete or hide things on my HDD. Ideally, each would have unique cover art to inform which it is and each would have its own cheatlist to choose from.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to distinguish between multiple versions of the same game in WiiFlow?

I intend to have multiple versions of SSBM. There are three revisions of NTSC, commonly referred to as 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2. I also intend to have PAL, a modded version called SD remix, and maybe separate texture-hacked versions.

I'd like the ability to pick and choose within WiiFlow without having to delete or hide things on my HDD. Ideally, each would have unique cover art to inform which it is and each would have its own cheatlist to choose from.

Just need to name the ISO's or WBFS folders differently and you will be able to play them all.

todrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that's sufficient. I tried that with two versions and I could not distinguish between the two in WiiFlow. Also, I couldn't play either.

The issue as far as I know is it identifies games by their ID, and the three versions all have the same ID.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: todrick

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think that's sufficient. I tried that with two versions and I could not distinguish between the two in WiiFlow. Also, I couldn't play either.

The issue as far as I know is it identifies games by their ID, and the three versions all have the same ID.
If they have the same ID you need to make them unique... http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-iso-gametitle-renamer.145064/

This is the only link that works to get it, it's a modded version that works with cISO's as well. Personally though I would use WIT over anything else. The choice is yours.

Reactions: todrick

todrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That did it. Thank you so much. I'm on my way to having the coolest Melee setup. I used the program from the thread, but I will download WIT in case I need it in the future.​
For anyone else attempting this, be sure to leave the game's System ID and region ID intact. Changing "GALE01" to "SSBM10" resulted in either a crash or the game playing in black and white, which is a result of it trying to play a wrong region game. I changed GALE01 to GALE10 for version 1.0 and GALE12 for version 1.2 and it worked flawlessly.​
Could I just hex edit the game's ID and title to accomplish the same thing?​

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way to add categories without having to redo everything? I want to add "Beat 'em up" but if I do, I will have to reassign everything after that category, as the numbers will be different..

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Mark D.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Bigg shoutout to MassiveRican,mastershoes, and jammybudga777 for all help figuring out this glitch thats been bugging me for god knows how long! MassiveRican you were spot on it was a glitch in my wiiflow ini i renamed it like you and shoes said to do and so far no probs! I appriciate the help from all you guys, thanks for being patient with me if anything changes ill let you all know. Happy Gaming :yaywii:

sooooo gentalmen back to the old drawing board i got freezing happening again :/

todrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find some good coverflows? Does WiiFlow only come with one by default? I'm OK with the default theme, but I would like a different cover flow, and I don't want to make it manually.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find some good coverflows? Does WiiFlow only come with one by default? I'm OK with the default theme, but I would like a different cover flow, and I don't want to make it manually.

grab a theme from the wiiflowiki website, most of them have multiple flows. you can also edit a flow within the loader.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
If only there was a thread dedicated to such things and there were people who cared to contribute... V_V
Lmao I could have sworn there was one created by some guy named Drakorex... Hmm I wonder what happened to it? Must have fell into the depths of obscurity ;P

Reactions: spacepimp

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
how do i do a SD or WiFi log bigg guy

For WIFI (taken from the readme in the tools folder on SVN, WifiGeckoReader can be found there too):

WifiGeckoReader allows you to view the gecko debug messages over the wifi connection. Only use this when debugging. There is no need to use it regularly. Set wifi_gecko=no when not needed.
It uses UDP port 4405.

To make it work with wiiflow, edit or add the following wiiflow.ini lines:

[DEBUG]
wifi_gecko=yes
wifi_gecko_port=4405

wifi_gecko_ip=your.computer.ipAddr.here
eg:
wifi_gecko_ip=192.168.0.199

Once this is done, run WifiGeckoReader, then run wiiflow. You should start seeing debug messages.

And for SD (this info i got from the wiiflowiki4 page):
To make it work with wiiflow, edit or add the following wiiflow.ini lines:

[DEBUG]
sd_write_log=yes

Reactions: Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
that noise has been around for a long time. when i messed with the themes a long time ago i took out the flip sound so it wouldnt make that annoying noise. but the new themes were updated by mamule and ayatus and they included the flip sound. its a flaw in wiiflow thats been there for a long time and apparently hard to fix. u could remove the flip wave from the theme and it should stop but then u wont have that sound effect.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having this problem. :-) I renamed the flip wav file and that terrible noise stopped. I can definitely live without the flip sound if it means getting rid of the other noise too. Thanks a bunch man. It was driving me crazy.

Short of a coding fix, you could have both - add a little (10's of milliseconds) silence to the beginning of the .wav file. Hopefully, there'll be a length of silence between not-hearing-the-glitchy-sound-anymore and the-slight-delay-before-the-flip-sound-starts begins to become annoying - so it may require a little experimentation and frankly, i'm not that fussed.

EDIT1: Just a thought, but if the wav file has been edited to start somewhere off the 0db line, it will always start with a 'pop' or a click, so editing to the next 0db crossing point, or adding a quick fade in, might solve the issue without the need for added silence.

EDIT2: I had a look at the waveform EDIT:1 is mostly bollocks, sorry.

jigjoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. Its probably been close to a year since I last used my wii. I hooked it up today and tried to play some wii games off of wiiflow but, none of them loaded up. The screen went black, the controller turned off, and about 10 seconds into it, the wii went back into the wiiflow (showing the wii games) and the remote came back to life. I remember having no issues before. I tried USB loader and the games loaded up fine. Is there something I need to update to get things working again through wiiflow? I've been out of the loop for so long I forgot how to do everything =[

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol