Country
United States

mar789

Master Italian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a problem, every since I updated from r1045 to the latest revision, Wiiflow wont load VC games off of nand or emu-nand. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since i updated to wiiflow r1072+ when launching wii games from the official forwarder or any forwarder it reboots back to vwii menu just want to know if anyone else is having this problem or know of a fix. Thank You. EDIT= Nevermind fixed it.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
currently trying out defraggler and the stats came up as is : 84 fragmented files, 433 fragments, 5% fragmentation
With defraggler you can defrag single files. There is also a file list created after the HDD is analyzed you should check if any of your games are heavily fragmented. It might save you time just to do the games if you don't feel like waiting for a full defrag.

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
First I would like to thank Fix94 for updating wiiflow to rev 1073, great work as always :)
Just a few findings regarding this release, more like tiny bugs report:
rev 1073 makes nintendont autoboot works on old wiis with GC ports using HID option "off"and WiiU using HID on
However newer Wiis with GC ports removed (Family Ed) are treated like old Wiis, hence you can't use HID controller.

So I've compiles a 1073 with HID option always on to be used on Family Wiis and old Wiis (in case you don't have GC controller) grab it from here

The best option would be to add an HID button to game settings or global settings

As for MC emulation it uses the same button as NMM for old Wiis only, for WiiU it's always turned on.
A better option would be to not to force it on WiiU by default since nmm button is there.
Freasco

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
im back again.....
so i went and ordered a 3TB western digital my essentials last night but then after some reading i found out it has an advanced formatting with 4k sector size. so i cancelled my order as its £100 that i would have wasted :( . i want a 2.5tb or 3tb that has a 512sector size. ive been searching online and findin out this info is not easy. does anybody have a webpage or some links with helpfull info plzzz i have been googleing but not much joy. i was looking at this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elements-Desktop-2-5TB-External-Drive/dp/B004QBS7D6 but still cant find info about sector sizes :( any help is much appriciated as its alot of money to just chuck away. thank you

also if i get myself a hard drive how can i tell if it has a 512 sector size? is there a formatting program that would tell me

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Mark D.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With defraggler you can defrag single files. There is also a file list created after the HDD is analyzed you should check if any of your games are heavily fragmented. It might save you time just to do the games if you don't feel like waiting for a full defrag.

i defragged the entire sd card and hdd still unfortunatly games are still freezing i think i may have to do with my game genie codes would that have anything to do with it?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway to enable the mc emu on nintendont using wiiflow? i looked but i dont see the option, and setting it to on in nintendont then loading the game through wiiflow doesn't leave it on.

i know fix is busy with nintendont and that is awesome but would it be too much trouble to add the mc emu option to wiiflow?

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
is there anyway to enable the mc emu on nintendont using wiiflow? i looked but i dont see the option, and setting it to on in nintendont then loading the game through wiiflow doesn't leave it on.

i know fix is busy with nintendont and that is awesome but would it be too much trouble to add the mc emu option to wiiflow?

MC Emu uses same button as NMM, so just enable NMM and you'll be cool
As for HID issue in 1073 on wii family edition I was able to compile a test dol that checks for GC controller in port 1 when a GC game is launched with nintendont, if the controller is not found (which is always the case on wii family and wiiu) the hid option will be enabled automatically.
I just need few more tests especially from wii family users and wiiu users.
here's the dol in case anyone is willing to give it a quick run
P.S. only trick here is to plug your gc controller in port 1 BEFORE launching the game
Freasko

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
i defragged the entire sd card and hdd still unfortunatly games are still freezing i think i may have to do with my game genie codes would that have anything to do with it?

its very possible that its to do with the cheats.im guessin game genie is a cheat system? when i used ocarina for my cheats before i put on to many cheats and they conflicted with each other causing the game to crash

Reactions: Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Mark D.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its very possible that its to do with the cheats.im guessin game genie is a cheat system? when i used ocarina for my cheats before i put on to many cheats and they conflicted with each other causing the game to crash

as it turns out its not the cheats :/.....i tried switching d2x i thought maybe that may have been a prob but unfortunatly to no avail, maybe its my version of wiiflow i recently switched to 4.2.1 im gonna try 4.2 again and see if that helps on a side note its my snes games that are freezing my wii games are fine as far as i know

Reactions: jammybudga777

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MC Emu uses same button as NMM, so just enable NMM and you'll be cool
As for HID issue in 1073 on wii family edition I was able to compile a test dol that checks for GC controller in port 1 when a GC game is launched with nintendont, if the controller is not found (which is always the case on wii family and wiiu) the hid option will be enabled automatically.
I just need few more tests especially from wii family users and wiiu users.
here's the dol in case anyone is willing to give it a quick run
P.S. only trick here is to plug your gc controller in port 1 BEFORE launching the game
Freasko

Thanks dude, you are a great help lately.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im back again.....
so i went and ordered a 3TB western digital my essentials last night but then after some reading i found out it has an advanced formatting with 4k sector size. so i cancelled my order as its £100 that i would have wasted :( . i want a 2.5tb or 3tb that has a 512sector size. ive been searching online and findin out this info is not easy. does anybody have a webpage or some links with helpfull info plzzz i have been googleing but not much joy. i was looking at this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elements-Desktop-2-5TB-External-Drive/dp/B004QBS7D6 but still cant find info about sector sizes :( any help is much appriciated as its alot of money to just chuck away. thank you

also if i get myself a hard drive how can i tell if it has a 512 sector size? is there a formatting program that would tell me

I don't know if there are any >2TB drives with 512 byte low level sectors. If you can get the exact model number and check the drive vendors website you will be able to see if it's advanced format or not.

If you have the drive in hand you can check it via:

using win7 and command line

X:\>wmic DISKDRIVE get bytespersector, caption

resulting:
BytesPerSector Caption

"512 Initio INIC-1610P USB Device"

If the 1st column isn't 512 you have an advanced format drive.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
as it turns out its not the cheats :/.....i tried switching d2x i thought maybe that may have been a prob but unfortunatly to no avail, maybe its my version of wiiflow i recently switched to 4.2.1 im gonna try 4.2 again and see if that helps on a side note its my snes games that are freezing my wii games are fine as far as i know
Did u try a full clean install already? Just rename your root WiiFlow folder and your wiiflow.ini in apps/WiiFlow and let 4.2.1 recreate the necessary files. You won't have covers or your settings but see if games launch. If game booting works start putting back your original files, starting with the settings folder and WiiFlow.ini, eventually you'll find what might be conflicting.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of today I have made BostonBC owner/author of wiiflowiki. Family life and other things keep me way too busy to maintain the wiki. and i really didnt think wiiflow would keep going like it has been. I'm sure BostonBC will do a great job. I'm not going anywhere and will still be around and maybe giving him some input or help if he needs it. hopefully he can add stuff about the nintendont support, new trailer player/banners, and other usefull info for beginners.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country

okay thats abit strange. i take it you have the snes.dol and snes.ini setup correctly in the plugins folder? and what file types are you using for snes roms? make sure they are compatable/added into the snes.ini txt

UncleGrubby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm experiencing an issue in the latest Wiiflow. I've been manually adding covers to snes9xgx since I wasn't aware of any way to download them through Wiiflow itself. I added a few as a test and everything worked fine. I went ahead and added all the rest of the covers, minus the ones I didn't have, and now when browsing the SNES covers on Wiiflow it will immediately dump into an "Exception (DSI) occurred!" Other emus only have a few covers as of yet and they don't have problems. All of my Wii games also all have covers and also no issues. This is only isolated to SNES. I can't adjust coverflow options for SNES within wiiflow and if I need to edit an INI file I've no idea which one or what to edit. My thinking is that the problem is caused by a bad cover but I have no idea how to isolate the problem to the cover or covers that are causing the crash as they all look fine when browsing on my MAC. I could delete all of them and re-add them but I don't think that's going to solve anything if the source image is corrupt or improperly sized and it's not like I can tell what the problem is just by looking at the image file on the computer.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

UPDATE - So through trial and error I discovered the problem was the periods in the titles of the covers, like "U.N. Squadron." So I removed the periods on both the roms and covers that had them. Oddly, the roms I changed don't load covers even though the file names match. Everything else works fine now, though, no errors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...