Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

fundiddle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am trying to figure out why i cannot see Pole's Big Adventure in WiiFlow. I have tried installing it to the realnand and the emunand, with wad manager and ShowMiiWads, and i don't know if i am missing a setting or if it's the region or something unrelated. anyone have any advice?
sorry to bump my post already, but i see this game shows up fine in the regular nand or emunand with USB Loader GX, but again even when installed on both realnand and emunand, the game wont even appear in WiiFlow. It is the same whether the wad is installed as region-free or japanese, so i really am at a loss here. i would post this in the nand/emunand thread but a similar query was redirected to this thread, but the guy never bothered to repost it here. thanks again!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
it never shows an actual code dump, the screen just freezes on gameplay ex: the characters in the game stop moving
Damn if the game just game freezes then that sucks. Well at this poin I would just try out the stable build and see if it continues to happen. Fix is busy IRL and with Nintendont atm so we'll see what happens with further development. Right now there seems to be a caching issue with emu caching with JPG I believe I currently set up some PNG's to cache too to make sure that it's just a cache issue with JPG's or not but haven't had time to test.

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Mark D.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn if the game just game freezes then that sucks. Well at this poin I would just try out the stable build and see if it continues to happen. Fix is busy IRL and with Nintendont atm so we'll see what happens with further development. Right now there seems to be a caching issue with emu caching with JPG I believe I currently set up some PNG's to cache too to make sure that it's just a cache issue with JPG's or not but haven't had time to test.

hopefully in the future this can get solved completely but i think i may have found another possible reason this was happening. i had all the emulators installed seperatly in my homebrew channel i think they may have been interfering with the wiiflow snes9xgx so i erased them, this seems to have helped because i was able to use cheats on my last game with no freezes. this was just a hunch so we will see what happens

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So Wiiflow keeps crashing whenever it tries to enter my bigger partition, following the advice given to me i used wbfs2fat and then i tried to launch wiiflow, it crashed, i got the errors i mentioned before, why does it happens?

kwanbis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. New to Wiiflow. Is there an official forwarder channel or a recommended one? Thanks!

i just realized there is an app to do the install, instead of a wad.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Scummvm-mod11

Source code

Synced with Github. FM-TOWNS mouse cursor fixed.
Not fully tested but it should be safe to get rid of the scummvm-alt plugin.
Man this is fantastic news. I find myself with such little time lately it's upsetting. I know I won't be able to test for awhile, but cross my fingers so that it fully works so that ScummVM-Alt is no longer needed. Either way it worked fine before but it would be simpler for plugins/source menu/flow and cover purposes. Thanks for this Wimmpathy!

barbtrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
A mi me ocurría lo mismo pero al tratar de cargar juegos en Wiiflow, aunque tal vez fue porque había pasado unos roms para gameboy. Yo entraba al Wiiflow y al cambiar de caratula aparecía el error. Lo que hice fue borrar el cache y borrar las caratulas y ahora no me presenta problema. Mi teoría es que alguna imagen que descargue como caratula no era compatible o estaba en una resolución muy alta o baja.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A mi me ocurría lo mismo pero al tratar de cargar juegos en Wiiflow, aunque tal vez fue porque había pasado unos roms para gameboy. Yo entraba al Wiiflow y al cambiar de caratula aparecía el error. Lo que hice fue borrar el cache y borrar las caratulas y ahora no me presenta problema. Mi teoría es que alguna imagen que descargue como caratula no era compatible o estaba en una resolución muy alta o baja.

Yo qierro Taco Bell?o_o

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Yo qierro Taco Bell?o_o

In other words, this is a forum with english as official language.

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the drive in hand you can check it via:

using win7 and command line

X:\>wmic DISKDRIVE get bytespersector, caption

resulting:
BytesPerSector Caption

"512 Initio INIC-1610P USB Device"

If the 1st column isn't 512 you have an advanced format drive.[/quote]

I am also having trouble with dios mios (It just Blackscreens) and wondering if I have a format problem.

I used GUI Drive Formatter but used the default settings, is there an easy way to check how it is formated?
Do I need To format it to FAT 32 512 sector size?
What are the recomended format settings I should choose?

using the get bytespersector I Get; 512 TOSHIBA external USB 3.0 USB Device. It's 1TB.
Thanks

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the drive in hand you can check it via:

using win7 and command line

X:\>wmic DISKDRIVE get bytespersector, caption

resulting:
BytesPerSector Caption

"512 Initio INIC-1610P USB Device"

If the 1st column isn't 512 you have an advanced format drive.

I am also having trouble with dios mios (It just Blackscreens) and wondering if I have a format problem.

I used GUI Drive Formatter but used the default settings, is there an easy way to check how it is formated?
Do I need To format it to FAT 32 512 sector size?
What are the recomended format settings I should choose?

using the get bytespersector I Get; 512 TOSHIBA external USB 3.0 USB Device. It's 1TB.
Thanks[/quote]

What version of DIOS MIOS did you install?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1