OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Wiiflow

USB Loader project, based on WiiFlow 1.1 by Hibernatus.

WiiFlow is now open source. After Hibernatus has completed WiiFlow 1.1, he left the project and released it as open source.

- http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/
- IRC channel : #WiiFlow on abjects.net
- Themes

Current active members: OverjoY, FIX94
Past members: Narolez, hulkhodn, r-win, Miigotu

08/26/12:
- WiiFlow 4.0 was released thanks to the combined works of a very hard working team.

04/03/12:
- The current team is now OverjoY (returning member), FIX94 (new member), with the help of the usual team of testers and IRC channel regulars.
- Miigotu has started his own fork, WiiFlow Advanced.
You can find a summary about the status of this project here

06/10/11:
- OverjoY joined the team
- The latest work in progress sources were released

07/07/10:
WiiFlow 2.1 was released.
- Fix reported bugs since 2.0.
- Ability to sort games by 4 different settings, Press B+Down
- Ability to switch partition by Pressing B+Up in main screen.
- More fixes and small additions.

06/19/10:
WiiFlow 2.0 was released by the new team, it is a new stable release.
Here are the main changes:
- load games from FAT/NTFS partitions (.wbfs files)
- channel list
- cheat menu (from VIP)
- new gecko engine
- fanart (ask bubba)
(complete list of changes)

01/02/10:
r-win has started working on FAT32/NTFS support :)

01/17/10:
Narolez has decided to leave the project, I'm sure everyone wishes him all the best!
It's quite sad, but it doesn't mean this needs to end here, in fact there is hope as you will see.
The discussion could have continued on the old topic, but people need to be able to find the URL, and the topic needs to be updated.

- lustar

Maisto

Trophies
XP
Country
Hope you can bring some updates to wiiflow it havent got any news in long time.

Hope for the best to the best loader.

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
isostar said:
the show must go on....

for the future a better update ratio
wink2.gif

Maybe, but we are all agree that the most of us want that fat32/NTFS support.
What i want its watching my collection of games in 3D in HQ on my TV screen (yeah, lol.)

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Glad this didnt died.
Much of us...want to see wiiflow not dying... so thank you for not letting this die, and keep the good work.

lazydog

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Hibern and Narolez for a great loader. It's still the best and I'll cary on using it, I can understand how demanding being the sole developer would be and hope that one day it will be a group development where people just make small contributions.

Norlez (or anyone who may know), could I ask a quick question?, which revision of devkitpro / libogc is required to compile the latest version?

I had a quick look at the code a week or so ago and had some compilation problems with the current svn version (a mem_open not declared), I noticed that there were comments about Hibern's memory management not being compatible with R18 or R19 and wondered if my toolchain/environment was not set up correctly.

I'm a total "wii homebrew" noob but wanted to have a little play at modifying some of the grx/animation for just some personal ideas I'd had.

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Really sorry about Narolez... i Hope it's not too bad for him.

I hope to see a lot of people/coders will have the possibility to contribute on this loader (just like GX one...) , so that to count on a team => WiiFlow-Team please!

Next step : NTFS support for wiiflow
wink.gif

Reactions: kimotori

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lazydog said:
Thanks Hibern and Narolez for a great loader. It's still the best and I'll cary on using it, I can understand how demanding being the sole developer would be and hope that one day it will be a group development where people just make small contributions.

Norlez (or anyone who may know), could I ask a quick question?, which revision of devkitpro / libogc is required to compile the latest version?

I had a quick look at the code a week or so ago and had some compilation problems with the current svn version (a mem_open not declared), I noticed that there were comments about Hibern's memory management not being compatible with R18 or R19 and wondered if my toolchain/environment was not set up correctly.

I'm a total "wii homebrew" noob but wanted to have a little play at modifying some of the grx/animation for just some personal ideas I'd had.
Lazydog, you can compile it using devkit R19 and the latest libogc. I use a svn version of libogc, actually, it's the same I use to compile WiiXplorer, USB Loader GX, and MPlayer-CE (I patched MPlayer-CE).

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever picks up development on Wiiflow, I do have a suggestion. As of about a month ago, uLoader and CFG Loader were the only loaders that would wake up my HD prior to starting up. Recently Loader GX implemented whatever code it was to follow suite, and now I noticed Wiifloader does too. If Wiiflow could do the same thing I would probably end up using it, but loading another loader to wake up the HD just to boot into Wiiflow is kind of impractical.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
uberbdon said:
Whoever picks up development on Wiiflow, I do have a suggestion. As of about a month ago, uLoader and CFG Loader were the only loaders that would wake up my HD prior to starting up. Recently Loader GX implemented whatever code it was to follow suite, and now I noticed Wiifloader does too. If Wiiflow could do the same thing I would probably end up using it, but loading another loader to wake up the HD just to boot into Wiiflow is kind of impractical.
Is that the same as the issues mentioned here? If not, maybe you should add another issue at the WiiFlow site.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
r-win said:
uberbdon said:
Is that the same as the issues mentioned here? If not, maybe you should add another issue at the WiiFlow site.

If someone is picking up this DEV's i'll warn him of something.
Many issues on googlecode page are trash...just ppl that dont know what they're doing/expecting from usb loading.

Nickman87

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
When I get the time I'd like to look into the wiiFlow code and maybe try submitting some patches or so. But right now I dont have the time for it...

Realy love the loader though!

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hmm.. Great to see this being still alive. The loaders almost feature complete and mostly bug-free. Just need to carry the torch a little farther.

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
uberbdon said:

Yeah, I seem to be having the same problem as a lot of people on there. I've used my HD software to set sleep to "never", that hadnt worked. I'm going to try out WiiflowR27t1_249 to see if it makes a difference.

edit: using WiiflowR27t1_249 seems to have fixed the problem.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"