Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
My only suggestion if you'd like to update would be to do a clean install, you can keep your /WiiFlow/boxcovers folder but make sure to rename (if u want to keep for reference) or remove everything else.

Very important, rename your WiiFlow.ini to whatever u want, and let WiiFlow create a new one. Then you can copy & paste some of the settings to your new one. This assumes you care about some of the settings there, easiest thing to do is delete everything but /WiiFlow/boxcovers and run WiiFlow again.

Grab the latest stable build from the SVN.

fundiddle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am trying to figure out why i cannot see Pole's Big Adventure in WiiFlow. I have tried installing it to the realnand and the emunand, with wad manager and ShowMiiWads, and i don't know if i am missing a setting or if it's the region or something unrelated. anyone have any advice?

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, with NMM enabled is there a way in WiiFlow to tell Dios-Mios to store the Gamecube saves on the SD card instead of the USB drive even though the Gamecube games are on the USB? Or must the GC saves reside on the same storage device that the games are stored?

abdezca

Trophies
Between the south of Texas and north of Tamaulipas
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone, Kind of new around here, I wanna report what could be a possible bug. I have downloaded the masterpack by abz, but everytime that I use the the quadforce games and then try to use devolution my games wont load. The only way that it will work is to install everything clean. Any advise on this matter?

Thanks

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Well the masterpiece pack isn't officially supported but it should most definitely work. I can't recreate the issue myself but I've manually tweaked many aspects. Can anyone else confirm if they're having an issue launching GC games through Devo after launching a Triforce game.

There was a post a while back that suggested that the auto-MIOS WADS were not being installed properly. I'll have to check on this soon.

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a specific category I'd like to have set to "required" every time the games load so that I only see the games in that particular category by default. Based on what I've found, when I set a category as "required" it doesn't stay if I turn the Wii off and on. Is there a way to make a specific category appear each time without turning off the other categories?

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I am having an odd problem with this app, if i order it to read/load my wbfs partition it crashes my wii, i get an error screen followed by a stack dump, it dint happen before when i had my entire EHDD under the wbfs format.

Any pointers? I am using a Lacie Rugged USB 2.0 Ehdd if any one is curious.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having an odd problem with this app, if i order it to read/load my wbfs partition it crashes my wii, i get an error screen followed by a stack dump, it dint happen before when i had my entire EHDD under the wbfs format.

Any pointers? I am using a Lacie Rugged USB 2.0 Ehdd if any one is curious.

Did you format your drive as a WBFS format or do you have a WBFS folder on a FAT32 or NTFS formatted drive?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you format your drive as a WBFS format or do you have a WBFS folder on a FAT32 or NTFS formatted drive?
Sounds like he's got a WBFS partition going.... Duncan Idaho: spend a few minutes getting shut of the WBFS partition, there's really no use for them anymore - like boston says simply use a FAT32 (or NTFS) format and put your Wii games in a wbfs folder.

mar789

Master Italian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a problem, every since I updated from r1045 to the latest revision, Wiiflow wont load VC games off of nand or emu-nand. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sounds like he's got a WBFS partition going.... Duncan Idaho: spend a few minutes getting shut of the WBFS partition, there's really no use for them anymore - like boston says simply use a FAT32 (or NTFS) format and put your Wii games in a wbfs folder.

I have tried to use NTFS before and wiiflow and configurable usb loader refuse to read anything from it, despite WBFS being outdated it's the only way i can have my games being read because both loaders refuse to read the path, even when i made wii cover flow perform a dump of one of my own wii games to understand the path structure, and after i duplicated the folder structure dint work.

And getting back the games is more problems than it's worth atm, it's 180 gb's worth of files and my usb ports are 1.0, so it would take me three days to extract the isos back to the desktop PC and then format it to NTFS and three more days turning the isos into .wbfs

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
180 GB should not take that long, you have tools to convert the file system, with these tools it wil take anywhere from 5 mins. To maybe a few hrs. Depending on the hardware..

See here for a howto > http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-convert-from-wbfs-to-fat32-or-ntfs.292391/

One question, if i proceed will this program you are recommending to me will also split the MP Triology, other M, Brawl, Xenoblade and Last Story?

And could you be so kind to upload a picture of the proper folder structure? I once had copied the way wii flow dumped my FE 10 game but it dint work (W./wii/wbfs/FIre Emblem Radiant Dawn [RFEE01]/RFEE01.wbfs)

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One question, if i proceed will this program you are recommending to me will also split the MP Triology, other M, Brawl, Xenoblade and Last Story?

And could you be so kind to upload a picture of the proper folder structure? I once had copied the way wii flow dumped my FE 10 game but it dint work (W./wii/wbfs/FIre Emblem Radiant Dawn [RFEE01]/RFEE01.wbfs)
Yes it will split the big uns for you ;)
And that folder structure you posted is wrong, the wbfs folder should be in the root, no 'wii' folder before it. Fine otherwise though!

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
There is no wii folder, Wii is the name of the parition, W is the letter i assigned to it.

The problem is that i copied the way the FE 10 folder was structured but wii flow dint read any of the games, it does the same thing with my GC ones, but CFG usb loader can run them.

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Mark D.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See why we love etheboss, with all his WiiFlow knowledge goodness.

ok so this is the what i got in the log the last time my game crashed:

Welcome to WiiFlow (Beta 4.2.2 Mod-r1073)!
This is the debug output.
Real Wii
WiiFlow is in real nand mode
IOS58 v6176
patched isfs_permissions 1 times.
patched es_setuid 1 times.
patched es_identify 1 times.
patched hash_check 0 times.
patched new_hash_check 1 times.
Init ISFS
Found WiiFlow Save
Loading IOS Settings from NAND
FAT Partition at sd: mounted.
SHND: Running sound thread
Wiiflow boot.dol Location: sd:/apps/wiiflow
Wii Games Directory: %s:/wbfs
m_mios_ver = 1; m_sd_dm = 0; m_new_dml = 1; m_new_dm_cfg = 1
Loading cIOS map
Found cIOS in slot 222
Found cIOS in slot 223
Found cIOS in slot 224
Found d2x base 37 in slot 245
Found d2x base 38 in slot 246
Found d2x base 53 in slot 247
Found d2x base 55 in slot 248
Found d2x base 56 in slot 249
Found d2x base 57 in slot 250
Found d2x base 58 in slot 251
Found d2x base 56 in slot 252
Data Directory: sd:/wiiflow
Creating Gamelist
Games found: 296
start
Launching game PLUGIN
Cleanup Coverflow
SHND: Stopping sound thread
SHND: Stopped sound thread
MEM1_freesize(): 8740848
MEM2_freesize(): 40929408
Argument: sd:/snes9xgx/roms
Argument: Super Punch-Out!!.zip
Argument: sd:/wiiflow/plugins/WiiFlowLoader.dol

i still have a good feeling the reason games are freezing is due to game genie codes being applied. note: i use game genie codes when these crashes occur

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
And wiiflow still crashes, switched to FAT32 and wii flow crashes, i get Exception (DSI) ocurred a bunch of numbers, then stack dump then code dump.

Does wiiflow has problems handling partitions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol