Hacking What's most likely going to happen

Mastadope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oi, NWP123. It doesn't seem like you or MN1 have answered at all on this thread or any others, so I'll just ask one last time: what difference does it make that Nintendo patches an exploit out before its release compared to after other than the increase in wait time?
Age and Grey hairs that's the answer

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oi, NWP123. It doesn't seem like you or MN1 have answered at all on this thread or any others, so I'll just ask one last time: what difference does it make that Nintendo patches an exploit out before its release compared to after other than the increase in wait time?
It doesn't make a difference but it also doesn't change that this is the only one, we already put forth that once an alt is made then MN1 will consider* a release
*assuming y'all don't go leaking it or bothering anyone as has been the norm
So it's a matter of exploring this second bug further and seeing if it can be developed into an exploit?
are you currently trying to exploit the bug or is it something beyond your guys' power atm?
It is something being worked on right now.

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
BTW, and whatever the real reason is, I'm sure that the decisions taken by these Teams and, most important, Nintendo, have already killed the console.

I'm sure that if a IOSU Exploit is released, the scene will go up at sky until Wii U's last days, and overpass Nintendo's sells sight for at least this next year, or at least a Kexploit would do some of the work.

N64 VS PlayStation: Sony Winner (Better Piracy)
PlayStation 2 VS GameCube: Sony Winner (Piracy)
GBA/NDS VS PSP: No Winner (Flashcarts/ CFW's)
PlayStation 3 VS xBox 360: Microsoft Wiiner (Why? = Piracy)
3DS VS PSVita: Nintendo Winner (CFW's/"GW") (Not a real fight)
PlayStation 4 VS xBone: ? (A real battle until now, just wait and see what'll happen when Homebrews get released on any console)

Can you see what is a potential and important reason of the rising sell of a console? What I mean, maybe an Exploit for real Homebrew (Piracy) will be the boat to keep the Wii U on the fight.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BTW, and whatever the real reason is, I'm sure that the decisions taken by these Teams and, most important, Nintendo, have already killed the console.

I'm sure that if a IOSU Exploit is released, the scene will go up at sky until Wii U's last days, and overpass Nintendo's sells sight for at least this next year, or at least a Kexploit would do some of the work.

GBA/NDS VS PSP: No Winner (Flashcarts/ CFW's)

Pretty sure PSP one won that considering it was a pretty solid scene and shits still being made for it

MAXLEMPIRA

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
Pretty sure PSP one won that considering it was a pretty solid scene and shits still being made for it
I've seen more NDS on hands than PSP, and sure that Scene is on PSP 'cause PSVita failure, but anyway, PSP it's a very good system and a most important reason of why there are still things for it. Another reason is that NDS got too many good games, that's why I think the is not a real winner. NDS was a console for ip gaming, not real Hombrew for it, not good Hombrew like PSP at least, and PSP was a hombrew, retro, gaming console xDD If PSPVita were been successfully sold, almost all of the PSP scene would be dead right now.

EDIT: I've seen people selling new PSP yet, I can get one for $80 xDD

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen more NDS on hands than PSP, and sure that Scene is on PSP 'cause PSVita failure, but anyway, PSP it's a very good system and a most important reason of why there are still things for it. Another reason is that NDS got too many good games, that's why I think the is not a real winner. NDS was a console for ip gaming, not real Hombrew for it, not good Hombrew like PSP at least, and PSP was a hombrew, retro, gaming console xDD
the reason for that is price

the DS sold more consoles because it was a popular handheld and it was cheap plus the fact that its simple to buy one of the hundreds of R4 clones that came out for it and just drop games on it. in terms of people with a handheld DS>PSP even without hacking
i remember readng that at 1 point in japan there were 2 DS per person by numbers sold in country.

PSP required people to actually do some effort

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
the reason for that is price

the DS sold more consoles because it was a popular handheld and it was cheap plus the fact that its simple to buy one of the hundreds of R4 clones that came out for it and just drop games on it. in terms of people with a handheld DS>PSP even without hacking
i remember readng that at 1 point in japan there were 2 DS per person by numbers sold in country.

PSP required people to actually do some effort
yeah, well, that's the point of this: Most Easily Piracy is = Most Sold Console of gen. So, it made me think that is just whim what keep these exploit on few people. Or, what is the reason of say: "Hey! I got an exploit for the newest version! But I will no release it!"?

wartimekillers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yes, because finding Wii Us on 5.3.2 or 5.4.0 is sooo easy!
Don't give me that "buy a used one on EBay crap", just no. I don't like being used consoles. I like buying new consoles.
I tried going to several stores, and I couldn't find any on <5.4.

So please, stop using that as a good reason, because it's not.

How the fuck is that lack of intelligence? Are you telling me that going around stores for hours using this page: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_Serial_Number_Database , is fucking stupid?
Well then, call me damned.

It depends on location. Just because it's easy for you to find a Wii U on <5.4, doesn't mean it's easy for everyone else.
Also:

Did I ever say I was? I was just responding to your statement, nothing else.

You buy a console just for a free game? Shut up and buy a PC theres a ton of pirated games and emulator, people like you makes me hoped that MN1 never release any exploit. Ever!!!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Farowe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Even kernel hack is slightly inconvenient for 5.3.2/5.4.0 users, the exploit capabilities are nowhere as close as those opened by wii exploits back in the day. The lack of USB support really hurts and having to run the exploit each time the console boots too. The level of privilege that kernel offers is very limited compared to what IOSu supposedly offers. You act as if users are petty whinners which they either stupidly updated their 5.4.0 consoles when told to wait or refuse to purchase an 5.3.2-5.4.0 console because of convenience; but really.... even in 5.3.2/5.4.0 FW hacking is kinda limited/inconvenient....

In other words, you haven't even kickstarted a stable and convenient homebrew enviroment; no wonder there is no interest from a lot of devs. You really can`t safeguard exploits as there is barely an established hacking community right now; your elitism would be understandable if you already had released an IOSu exploit for 5.5.x and are looking to further expand FW support (5.6.x,5.7.x, 5.x, etc), but right now it is totally useless, we don´t have a single exploit released to public with such capabilities.

A smart move would have been to release your exploits as soon as you could and further experiment with the community to see a rise in wii u hacking interest. Who knows, maybe an avid hacker would have found interest he didn´t knew he had into wii u hacking and helped you to find ANOTHER exploit. Maybe the end user community would have grown at such rate that other hacking teams would have wanted to be involved in the scene and further seek for more exploits. That´s how hacking scenes have mostly worked in the past.

Your elitism is suffocating the remnants of the wii u hacking/homebrew community. By the time you release anything, nx will be in the midst of hype and launching expectations. When those days come, despite the hacking possibilities, people will rather wait to buy a nx than buy a wii u and hack it as there are not that many good games to begin with. All the sweat you put into your work will be less valuable as there will be less people interested by then.

And as hurtful as this might sound, if other scenes would have shared your elitism and unwillingness to share despite lacking backup exploits. Most hacking scenes wouldn´t even have grown a 1% of what they grown to be. They would have died earlier as (maybe) this scene will in the very nearby future.

Last edited by Farowe,

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Hearing this makes me want to give it to as few people as possible.
yeah, you totally would have released today hadnt I said that. Im not the only one btw. Humans get frustrated, bored, upset and can even be devious when they have waited for 5 months after hykem was going to release (and he was sure of it).

Last edited by davetheshrew,
Reactions: Hikari06

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1