Hacking Feedback Homebrew Homebrew app The Pretendo Discord, and my opinions

sarah_g_b

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I am Sarah, a big fan of the Pretendo service and it's community, and from what I've seen, there's been a lot of controversy around it, and it makes me sad, Nintendo homebrew should be a unified community where we can share a collective love for our favourite games, apps, services, etc, and not have endless bickering about who did what, and who got banned and why, and I wanted to offer my view on some of the controversies, to add an unbiased lens to the mix.

First and foremost there was someone who was banned for allegedly saying "dude" about someone who doesn't identify as a male, while the person who was banned did do that, that isn't the whole reason for the ban, the ban was (from what I've gathered first-hand) because he was a toxic individual who made the server's environment unfriendly and uncomfortable for me and a lot of people, not to mention the very hurtful things they said, and from what I've gathered, that's the reason for the ban.

The next topic to cover is the moderation, the moderation in the server is... sometimes inconsistent, but I'm not here to bash the moderation, I want to offer a helpful critique on how they could improve, personally I believe that they do their job fairly well most of the time, and despite the hate a lot of the server has for them, I quite enjoy Celistine as a person and have had some amazing conversations with them, and the recruit mods in the server are amazing and friendly, especially imora who's helped me a ton and helped me find my way around pretendo and such. And the few times I've had the pleasure of meeting Jon, he was wonderful and helpful to me, and I genuinely believe the hate is unwarranted, but due to the one sided controversy previously mentioned, the hate on them is quite rampant.

Lastly I'll touch on the paid beta servers, I may not be the one hosting pretendo, or a developer, or even a moderator, but I've done server work, and paying for a server that could potentially hold up to 40k people (pulling the number from the current amount of discord members), the fees are huge, not to mention taxes, and having to live life while doing it, paying for a beta was never necessary, it's for access to an incomplete server and helping the devs be able to succeed, you don't have to pay, and you never did, it was always optional and for a good cause.

I know I may sound biased and such, and I had originally joined the server on march 3rd, but that's my opinion on the matter, and I mean to have no bias, and only wanted to share my lens on what's been happening in the server as it's all one sided. Thank you very much for reading my yapping session, have a great day!

- Sarah

ErrorOliver

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
erroroliver.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
> not to mention the very hurtful things they said

I've never seen him do such thing before.

The moderation is what I agree on, there should be more higher ups dealing with stuff. I understand Imora is trying her best. There needs to be more mods/staff dealing with bans since on NN shutdown, there was alot of weird images and it took a while to get removed.

Last edited by ErrorOliver,

sarah_g_b

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here are some screenshots of the hurtful messages they have sent
1712788780170.png
1712788789959.png
1712788798848.png

Some of which I have witnessed 👀

But I agree that the current mods that actually do things are overworked, and most don't even bother to be there half the time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1