• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

2nd Amendment in the United States

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I know there are so many that are against Weapons, and those who are for them.

OK, little bit of History:
Back in the Day, some good ole' boys, wanted to be Free from Europe, and have their own Laws, Rights, and whatnot. Europe, not wanting to lose Control of the People here, wanted to forceably have them under a iron fist of Control, Tax them to Death, and did not want them to be Armed so they came here in force, and demanded everyone here turn over Weapons. That is where those good ole' boys said come get em', and had a good Revolutionary War over our Rights. So after we sent those from Europe packing, those good ole' boys thought long and hard, and came up with a List of things that is called Constitutional Rights. Rights that no one has the Right or the Authority to say, yeah, ok, we will let you have these Rights.......kind of like the Super Bowl where that Vet stated "....Rights we are Allowed...."......seriously???? So our Government can allow us to have our Rights and Freedoms??? Unless we have broken the Law in some way, those are OUR Rights, and no one can tell us which ones we can and can not have.

Now, prior to the Revolutionary War, those good ole' boys all signed something called The Declaration of Independence. One part of it, the Preamble, clearly states a long List of Reasons, that if a Government, or Leadership goes against The People, strips The People of Rights, only Represents the Elite, or wants to establish a Dictatorship over The People, then the People not only have a Duty, but a Right, and a Obligation to take back said Government, for The People.......oh, and January 6th, was not a valid Reason for what they did, unless they have something called......PROOF. The 2nd Amendment, by the way, would give the People the Means to do so, by the way. Oh, but with Definitions being redone to fit a objective, that would be called, Insurrection.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.—That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,—That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Now....keep the above in mind. We are going to circle around back to that, and try to pay attention. My Mind is kind of a out of control Train Wreck, and got a lot rattling around upstairs. Stay out of the dark areas, and dont feed the wild Animals.

Anyhooty, the 2nd Amendment, makes it so that The People can keep their Rights, and Freedoms this Country is based and Founded upon. Now as it states, and we will break this down as it was back then......
"A Well Regulated Militia, being necessary to the Security of a Free State, the Right of The People to Keep and Bear Arms, shall not be Infringed."
Well Regulated : Meant well ready, Well Armed, Well Able
Militia : Back then, meant anyone able to stand up against Tyranny and Fight back to help Fight back.
The People : There is a Representative out of New Jersey claiming that means the Elite, the Rich. Really?????? So what does that make those like you, and me???? What are we, Dirt, Cheap-Slave-Labor??? No, that means ALL of THE PEOPLE!! What, the Rich are going to Fight for their Country???? To Quote Shao Khan from MK2, "Dont make me Laugh!" . You hardly ever hear about any Representatives these Days who has Served, let alone was an Enlisted Soldier, who worked hard, and earned their Rank like hell.
Shall not be Infringed : Restricted, Limited, Undermine, Weaken, go against, make Unaffordable......you get the idea.

Now the 2nd Amendment, does not only mean to be ready to help fight for the Country. Back then, it also was meant so you could Protect and Defend yourself, your Family, your Home, your Livelihood. With how some Police are, and how long it can take Police to get to you, the first few Minutes and Seconds are Crucial. In the time it takes for Police to get to your Location, what would stop the Criminal from Killing you so you wont give a Description??? Especially with Dems wanting Laws for you to have your Weapon in 1 place in your House, Locked up, and your Ammunition in a different place, Locked up as well. Highly doubt a Criminal will let you get both, get Ready, and Fight back, when they bust in your Home.

There is also the case of Carol M. Bowne (2015). She wanted to get a Weapon so she could protect herself from her crazy Ex-Boyfriend. Apparently she already had a Restraining Order against him, but that did not stop him from going after her. After the waiting period came and went, she still got no word on if she could get the Weapon or not. 4 Days later, she was Stabbed to Death by the Ex. Apparently in an Interview, Jon Stewart was saying she did not have a Valid enough reason for a Weapon. Seriously??? Well I bet when she was sent to the ME's Office, she had a good enough reason then, huh? Actually, with that back then, I am surprised they did not use that as a Title 18 US Code Subsection 241, Conspiracy against Rights, Case, especially the end part, where she was Denied her Constitutional Right, and it ended up with her being Harmed, ending in Death.

Some interesting items, however:
1: Former President Bill Clinton, was on MSNBC, where he said, "...People are compelled to let Children D** in order to keep Freedoms..." . Um, so if the 2nd Amendment is 1 Freedom, what other Freedoms should we also allow to get rid of????
2: President Biden going on TV claiming the People can not go against the Government with AR-15s, AKs.....you need Tanks, F-15s, Nukes. SO we should just allow the Government to strip The People of Rights, Freedoms, constantly tell us where we stand, and not be able to keep the Government in Check??? Also, if and when the People do get fed up with those in Government, and demand they be removed from Office, you would then use Tanks, F-15s, and Nukes on The People????
----Also, I saw what looked to be a Virtual Meeting Video on Tiktok between some Representatives. 1 Woman on one side, and a few on the other Side. The 1 Woman asked if the People could take back their Country for the People, and also asked if the 2nd Amendment gives the People the Means to do so. The Answer to both Questions, from the other Representatives, was NO. Really........so say our Government went to strip the People of Rights, Freedoms, telling us what we can and can not Say, Do, Eat, Drive, you know, like how it is in Kommiefornia.....I mean California,......how would the People go to secure their Rights and Freedoms back?????? Might have to search for that Video again. Just came up on my For You page.
3: For so long, especially in the early to Mid 1900s, People could get so many Firearms in the Mail, including Automatics, or able to convert Weapons to Automatic. Where were all those Mass Incidents???? You did not really hear about them until the end of the 1980s, early 1990s. My Parents and Uncle never heard about Mass Incidents when they were Kids, and growing up.
4: I find it odd, how the FBI did a Study, and concluded that more People are ended by Knives, Hammers, Pipes, other Blunt Objects, Hands and Feet, then Firearms. In Fact, apparently Handguns are used more than AR Type Rifles. Yet the GC Lobby and Dems want to go after AR Type Rifles.
----It should also make you wonder about the CDC Report that showed that 2.3 Million Firearm Related Incidents were in Self-Defense........but then they were pressured by a Gun Control Lobby Exec, to remove the Self-Defense part......wanted them to keep the 2.3 Million Incidents.......but remove the Self-Defense part. Fascinating, huh?
5: I also find it odd, how when there is a Mass Incident, it is always involving a AR Type Rifle. However, Handguns are easier to hide, you could carry more Magazines, and Reloading can be improved on than with a Rifle. There are a few other items that make it curious about the Incidents. But like that one Incident with the Transgender Guy, he had another Target, and the reason why he choose against it, was it was Guarded.

So with all that in place.......how do we know Dems, Far Left, and Gun Control Lobby are not somehow behind any of these Mass Incidents in order to push and Force People to be behind a Authoritarian Dictatorship, to make sure the People would not have the Means to Fight back against them????? Seriously could also be seen as another potential Title 18 US Code, Subsection 241 Case.

Besides, with how many Weapons there are here in the US, good luck getting all of them forceably turned in or found. Another example being, a Winters, CA Councilman, was apparently Arrested, who had some Weapons he should not have. He apparently had a few Handguns, and a couple AR-15 Type Rifles. But here's the most interesting part of those Weapons........a few Handguns, and I think 1 or 2 of the AR-15s did NOT have any Serial Numbers, or Markings of any kind, which is VERY highly Illegal. So where did those come from???? Highly doubt they were obtained Legally. Not to mention that 1 Incident at a Farm, where the Migrant used a Machine Pistol???? Um.....those have been Illegal for a long time in the US, and highly doubt that was obtained Legally.
Not to mention, most Crimes are done with Weapons Illegally Obtained, like Stolen, or obtained by other Illegal means.
You also hear People saying to Fight back if someone Breaks into your Home.....um......and if they are Armed???? How you plan to Fight a Machete, or large Knife, or a Bullet??? Some other response is, if someone breaks into your Home, get out of your Home. Seriously???? So just let the Criminals have their way, let them walk all over People???? Also love how, if someone Breaks into your Home, they are Armed, and either they Injure themselves, or you Defend yourself against them, Injuring them, they can apparently try to go after you with a Lawsuit???? Does not always work, but apparently there are a couple that have Won those Cases, which is seriously messed up. Plus, same Scenario, but they end up Dying because you Defended yourself......apparently the Family of said Criminal can then go after you with a Civil or Wrongful Death Lawsuit????? What gave that Criminal the Right to break into your Home??? What gave that Criminal the Right to potentially harm you????? Should just allow them to end you, and do what they want????? No one has the "Right" or "Authority" to tell People to let the Criminals do what they want, to be a good little Helpless, Defenseless Victim, and let the Criminals have their way.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
TLDR: Trump is the only president to ever threaten the seizure of firearms without due process. Ammosexuals ruined guns for the rest of us and now we have an average of nearly two mass shootings a day, over twenty mass shootings on Memorial Day weekend alone. Somebody should probably do something about that, and three-fourths of Americans agree we need more comprehensive/universal background checks at the minimum.

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont remember Trump going that far, but then again, dont care about him.

What about the Gun-Free Zo.....oh wait.....those dont work, because Criminals would use those as a Target, knowing People are Defenseless. But then again, what about those People that mow down People with a Vehicle??? Assault SUVs/Trucks going to be a thing?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am not reading all that.
There needs to be something done in the US because quite honestly, it’s a shitshow. There needs to be better screening and regulations on guns because clearly what the US has now has completely failed

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not reading all that.
There needs to be something done in the US because quite honestly, it’s a shitshow. There needs to be better screening and regulations on guns because clearly what the US has now has completely failed
Yes, make sure someone is not a Repeat Criminal, Violent Criminal, or Domestic Abuser. But dont try to go after normal everyday Americans, trying to make them Defenseless.
Point in that long Post: How do we know Dems, Far Left, or Gun Control Lobby are not somehow behind these Mass Incidents????? As a Means to force more Control over the People, and make it so the People can not Fight back, and keep the Gov in Check???

Reactions: _47iscool

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes, make sure someone is not a Repeat Criminal, Violent Criminal, or Domestic Abuser. But dont try to go after normal everyday Americans, trying to make them Defenseless.
Point in that long Post: How do we know Dems, Far Left, or Gun Control Lobby are not somehow behind these Mass Incidents????? As a Means to force more Control over the People, and make it so the People can not Fight back, and keep the Gov in Check???
How do we know? We don’t but there’s literally no evidence to say that they are. With lacking evidence in one direction, we look at the evidence in the other. In reality, most of the current mass shootings seem to be linked to Far-Right extremism with scattering of individual reasons. So it seems like Leftists, Democrats, and gun control advocates are more than likely not behind some weird conspiracy. Especially since there’s no major Leftist movement in the US, most Dems are all talk when it comes to gun control, and gun control groups literally have next to no influence on the government.

Reactions: Xzi

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do we know? We don’t but there’s literally no evidence to say that they are. With lacking evidence in one direction, we look at the evidence in the other. In reality, most of the current mass shootings seem to be linked to Far-Right extremism with scattering of individual reasons. So it seems like Leftists, Democrats, and gun control advocates are more than likely not behind some weird conspiracy. Especially since there’s no major Leftist movement in the US, most Dems are all talk when it comes to gun control, and gun control groups literally have next to no influence on the government.
Cannot be Proven, but you also cannot Disprove it either.
Get rid of the NRA, and then we can talk business.
NRA tries to secure The People's Right. They get their Money from The People. The Gun Control Lobby get their Money from the Elite, like Bloomberg.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I know there are so many that are against Weapons, and those who are for them.
To be honest I think this statement is quite a... gross oversimplification of the issue and the position people have.

It's not whether or not someone is against weapons, it's more specifically weapons that can greatly cause damage/death to multiple people in a short amount of time, and it just so happens to be guns, and how America, as a country, is seemingly unwilling to do try anything about it nor can anyone actually agree how to fix the issue. The discussion isn't even take away all guns, because that would be ridiculous, and any interpretation of the 2A ignores the fact that the founding fathers would have never envisioned moden arms like they exist now.

From a leftist point of view, by the way, Karl Marx literally said this: Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary. I mostly agree with it. But among the various anarcho-'s I consider myself to be (namely communist/syndicalist), I am also an anarcho-pacifist. Meaning, I am a firm believer in non-violence on a personal level.

From a realistic point of view, clearly something needs to be done here, and it's not like we can ignore the fact that there have been an incredible amount of mass shootings in the past 20 years.

Ideally this is mostly a mental health issue and if we had a better healthcare system, more access and more stable access to mental health, a lot of these issues would go away. I don't believe this would end all of, say, mass shootings, mind you, but a lot of them are undeniably the cause of mental health issues. You can't prevent every murder that ever happens. I also don't think this is a realistic way of looking at things in America right now, because we can barely even talk about access to health care either. Shrugs.

To be honest your post is incredibly hard to read because I think it's not formatted very well, so sorry if you addressed it already.

Reactions: dudeguy2022

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

NRA tries to secure The People's Right. They get their Money from The People. The Gun Control Lobby get their Money from the Elite, like Bloomberg.
One comment isn’t evidence. That and the NRA does not do that. They lobby to make sure any attempts to have a civil conversation about guns is disrupted. They are also the organization that contributes the most to spreading misinformation about gun control and gun law reform. At one point they did care about gun rights, but that stopped being a thing like 50 years ago

Last edited by The Catboy,

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not how the burden of proof works. I can't disprove that you are the person behind all this gun violence.
So, are you behind all this? I guess so, because you can't disprove it either.
and @The Catboy

From the Long Post......

1: Former President Bill Clinton, was on MSNBC, where he said, "...People are compelled to let Children D** in order to keep Freedoms..." . Um, so if the 2nd Amendment is 1 Freedom, what other Freedoms should we also allow to get rid of????
2: President Biden going on TV claiming the People can not go against the Government with AR-15s, AKs.....you need Tanks, F-15s, Nukes. SO we should just allow the Government to strip The People of Rights, Freedoms, constantly tell us where we stand, and not be able to keep the Government in Check??? Also, if and when the People do get fed up with those in Government, and demand they be removed from Office, you would then use Tanks, F-15s, and Nukes on The People????
----Also, I saw what looked to be a Virtual Meeting Video on Tiktok between some Representatives. 1 Woman on one side, and a few on the other Side. The 1 Woman asked if the People could take back their Country for the People, and also asked if the 2nd Amendment gives the People the Means to do so. The Answer to both Questions, from the other Representatives, was NO. Really........so say our Government went to strip the People of Rights, Freedoms, telling us what we can and can not Say, Do, Eat, Drive, you know, like how it is in Kommiefornia.....I mean California,......how would the People go to secure their Rights and Freedoms back?????? Might have to search for that Video again. Just came up on my For You page.
3: For so long, especially in the early to Mid 1900s, People could get so many Firearms in the Mail, including Automatics, or able to convert Weapons to Automatic. Where were all those Mass Incidents???? You did not really hear about them until the end of the 1980s, early 1990s. My Parents and Uncle never heard about Mass Incidents when they were Kids, and growing up.
4: I find it odd, how the FBI did a Study, and concluded that more People are ended by Knives, Hammers, Pipes, other Blunt Objects, Hands and Feet, then Firearms. In Fact, apparently Handguns are used more than AR Type Rifles. Yet the GC Lobby and Dems want to go after AR Type Rifles.
----It should also make you wonder about the CDC Report that showed that 2.3 Million Firearm Related Incidents were in Self-Defense........but then they were pressured by a Gun Control Lobby Exec, to remove the Self-Defense part......wanted them to keep the 2.3 Million Incidents.......but remove the Self-Defense part. Fascinating, huh?
5: I also find it odd, how when there is a Mass Incident, it is always involving a AR Type Rifle. However, Handguns are easier to hide, you could carry more Magazines, and Reloading can be improved on than with a Rifle. There are a few other items that make it curious about the Incidents. But like that one Incident with the Transgender Guy, he had another Target, and the reason why he choose against it, it was Guarded.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be happy if we all just went back to swords. A toddler can pull a trigger. Lot harder to kill a man with a blade.

Can't really commit a mass killing if all you have is a sword, and everyone else has one, too.

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be happy if we all just went back to swords. A toddler can pull a trigger. Lot harder to kill a man with a blade.

Can't really commit a mass killing if all you have is a sword, and everyone else has one, too.
When Columbine happened, in China a guy went nuts with a Knife, going after a bunch of People, including Children.
Also, on April 29th, 2021, apparently some nut went crazy at a School with a Knife, killing 2 Kids, and Wounding 16 others.
Let's Ban ANYTHING that can be made to Stab..........guess that means Trees, Rocks, hell, even Dirt......wait......that would be the whole Planet

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When Columbine happened, in China a guy went nuts with a Knife, going after a bunch of People, including Children.
Also, on April 29th, 2021, apparently some nut went crazy at a School with a Knife, killing 2 Kids, and Wounding 16 others.
Let's Ban ANYTHING that can be made to Stab..........guess that means Trees, Rocks, hell, even Dirt......wait......that would be the whole Planet
Yes, but if EVERYONE had a sword, someone could have stopped him. Not everyone with a blade is a ninja.

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but if EVERYONE had a sword, someone could have stopped him. Not everyone with a blade is a ninja.
Well, here in the US, the Preamble of the Declaration states the People have a Duty, and a Right to take back any Form of Government, if/when that Government starts going against the People. Gives a List of Reasons. 2nd Amendment gives the People the Means to do so.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That would require evidence to be shown and so far gun control attempts have literally gone nowhere. If there was an active effort, there would be at least some results and there isn’t. The US continues to be the only country with mass shootings so regular that they have stopped being news. Simply put, your conspiracy doesn’t line up with reality.
and @The Catboy

From the Long Post......

5: I also find it odd, how when there is a Mass Incident, it is always involving a AR Type Rifle. However, Handguns are easier to hide, you could carry more Magazines, and Reloading can be improved on than with a Rifle. There are a few other items that make it curious about the Incidents. But like that one Incident with the Transgender Guy, he had another Target, and the reason why he choose against it, it was Guarded.
Have any of these resulted in any actual changes? If so, please show the resulted changes.

Reactions: KingVamp

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would require evidence to be shown and so far gun control attempts have literally gone nowhere. If there was an active effort, there would be at least some results and there isn’t. The US continues to be the only country with mass shootings so regular that they have stopped being news. Simply put, your conspiracy doesn’t line up with reality.

Have any of these resulted in any actual changes? If so, please show the resulted changes.
They know they can not outright go against the 2nd Amendment. So how do you get the People behind you, wanting to do it, and supporting you going against the 2nd Amendment? By having Mass Incidents happening, one more horrific than the last. And now they are trying to reduce the Amount to be considered a Mass Incident, even Gang Shootings, since most Shootings are Gang Related. But 2.3 Million Firearm Related Incidents are in Self-Defense that the CDC concluded, but GC Lobby wanted the Defense part removed from that Report so they can say there is a Pandemic to get rid of ALL Weapons

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes I imagine a fictitious world where gunpowder and combustion weapons were never invented, or, some magical or mystical event that removes all projectile weapons from the planet permanently.

I just imagine how that world would be, if NO ONE had a weapon that could kill a person by simply pulling a trigger or pushing a button. A modern world in 2023, where if you wanted to initiate combat, you had to do it hand-to-hand.

There would be far less conflict.

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes I imagine a fictitious world where gunpowder and combustion weapons were never invented, or, some magical or mystical event that removes all projectile weapons from the planet permanently.

I just imagine how that world would be, if NO ONE had a weapon that could kill a person by simply pulling a trigger or pushing a button. A modern world in 2023, where if you wanted to initiate combat, you had to do it hand-to-hand.

There would be far less conflict.
Or how about, since it is the "Leaders" who cant get along, and "Leaders" who send Soldiers to Fight so the "Leaders" can get Rich........how about those "Leaders" go Fight each other, instead of Millions of Innocents???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol