Hacking What's most likely going to happen

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could have sought for one, but I had absolutely no money left after the purchase, only a euro which I bought a hamburger of from McDonald's :P. So I would either have to sell my Wii U again. Or replace it for another Wii U package. The store I bought it at had one Windwaker HD pack left, and I think those had 5.4 on them but I wanted Splatoon + MK8. So no returning and exchanging for me. :/ still have warranty till December this year.
My 14 day grace period ended on Friday, so I can no longer return it. I'd rather not sell it as I don't want to lose my saves, and it wouldn't make up for another Wii U anyways.
That and I'd rather just start saving up for the NX.

Reactions: Dylon99

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's be honest, if XYZ exploit was released today and patched by Nintendo tomorrow, we'd be right back in the exact same situation.... People whining and begging. Why bother?

<5.4 is easy enough to find...

a. If an exploit was released today and patched tomorrow, everyone who was smart enough to block updates and wait patiently like they've been told to over and over would have the exploit. The only people who wouldn't have it tomorrow would be the people who literally just started checking that day.

b. Some people can't afford to sell their current Wii U and try to re-buy one that is, likely, at an exorbitant price. If everyone here thought this was a good idea, there would be no <5.4s left to buy anyway, because there reeeeally aren't that many of them.

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
b. Some people can't afford to sell their current Wii U and try to re-buy one that is, likely, at an exorbitant price. If everyone here thought this was a good idea, there would be no <5.4s left to buy anyway, because there reeeeally aren't that many of them.

Some people (myself included) on 5.5.x probably clocked hundreds or thousands of hours (you know unlocking all the stuff in MK8/Splatoon is very time consuming) into their games and buying a 5.3.2 console means flushing all of that progress down the drain.

Some ppl here can afford a new console, but few of us would give up our save data just to pirate a few games or do some modding.

Last edited by lefthandsword,

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people (myself included) on 5.5.x probably clocked hundreds or thousands of hours (you know unlocking all the stuff in MK8/Splatoon is very time consuming) into their games and buying a 5.3.2 console means flushing all of that progress down the drain.

Some ppl here can afford a new console, but few of us would give up our save data just to pirate a few games or do some modding.

I get that feel too. Fuck if my Pokkén B5 is going down the drain for piracy. my pride would be too hurt

hinata2000100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's be honest, if XYZ exploit was released today and patched by Nintendo tomorrow, we'd be right back in the exact same situation.... People whining and begging. Why bother?

<5.4 is easy enough to find...
We wouldn't necessarily be in the same position. If the exploit was released, there would be more people capable of hacking, and thus less people complaining. Even if Nintendo updated the very next day, the userbase for the exploit would still be expanded a considerable amount, because of people who blocked updates and are thus still able to make use of such an exploit.

Reactions: Mastadope

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Elliot99

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: but i don't look at that shit because that's commiting a criminal offense