Hacking What's most likely going to happen

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those are userspace hax, and cause games have no JIT to copy code into and then execute, it has to run entirely with return oriented chains, it's the same on both 3DS and Wii U

All the Wii U userspace hax (first HTML sploit for 4.0.0-5.1.0, second HTML sploit for 5.1.1-5.3.2, MP4 stagefright sploit for 5.4.0-5.5.1) have been through the web browser cause it's eons easier to work with, nice static address (0x01800000) and no having to fit pieces together from existing code (well, you do to copy it into JIT but that's immensely simplified)

any kind of kernel hax deals strictly after we get code running from this first part, and the basic idea is still to get something with the right permission to write somewhere where it's not supposed to, copy data into the syscall table or into the heap or overwrite a kernel structure to change what it's doing or something, the hard part is seeing what has the right permissions, not many actually deal with r/w, we've gotten lucky these first few times
I get it now :)
thanks for the answer :D

Donzi

Trophies
Behind you, don't look at me, just feel me...
XP
Country
@Marionumber1 Question, why can't you see that this is turning this community toxic. When compared to most other hacking scenes in which releasing an exploit with no back up has worked. I'm so fucking sick of this situation and it's not what 5.5.x users want. I'm not annoyed because we don't have an Kexploit, I'm annoyed because your actions are single handedly killing an entire console scene with great potential. Ok sure other exploits can be developed but I really don't see the point in doing this for a dead console.
I would very much appreciate a reply.

Last edited by Donzi,
Reactions: Mastadope

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
@Marionumber1 Question, why can't you see that this is turning this community toxic. When compared to most other hacking scenes in which releasing an exploit with no back up has worked. I'm so fucking sick of this situation and it's not what 5.5.x want. I'm not annoyed because we don't have an Kexploit, I'm annoyed because your actions are single handedly killing an entire console scene. Ok sure other exploits can be developed but I really don't see the point in doing this for a dead console.
I would very much appreciate a reply.
He's answered this question if you read back.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If there's an alternative, then the release should be closer or "becauz weitin updeit"?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Wouldn't Nintendo find security holes in its end? I don't think they need someone breaking the system with an exploit, they can fix holes for their own.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if nintendo patched the browser like they did on the 3ds, and require you to update?
those are userspace hax, and cause games have no JIT to copy code into and then execute, it has to run entirely with return oriented chains, it's the same on both 3DS and Wii U

All the Wii U userspace hax (first HTML sploit for 4.0.0-5.1.0, second HTML sploit for 5.1.1-5.3.2, MP4 stagefright sploit for 5.4.0-5.5.1) have been through the web browser cause it's eons easier to work with, nice static address (0x01800000) and no having to fit pieces together from existing code (well, you do to copy it into JIT but that's immensely simplified)

any kind of kernel hax deals strictly after we get code running from this first part, and the basic idea is still to get something with the right permission to write somewhere where it's not supposed to, copy data into the syscall table or into the heap or overwrite a kernel structure to change what it's doing or something, the hard part is seeing what has the right permissions, not many actually deal with r/w, we've gotten lucky these first few times
what if nintendo patched the browser like they did on the 3ds, and require you to update?

Reactions: KytuzuEX

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But I was stating releasing an exploit right away has worked most of the time for other consoles.
I know. I said that to him as well. I know doing things this way is bullshit. I told him I thought it was bullshit. He said he understands our standpoint and that we think it's bullshit, but he's too worried to let it go without a backup exploit. What else can we say about it? He holds all the cards. And at some point you have to respect his decision.

You and a handful of people can't be in total control. Not a remark about your skills but logically there is not enough manpower. Stuff got leaked/released for 3ds and now we have downgrade methods for all fw versions. Smea's team didn't discover those. Homebrew devs did. Youre bottlenecking the entire scene where devs could actually build and improve on your work. Youre just going to kill the wiiu scene with this nonsense.

I have given access to many qualified people that asked me privately, some of them intending to find exploits. I understand what you're saying, but I don't think releasing to everyone is wise until the alternate exploit is finished.

Ninfanloser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel embarrassed for people trying to reasoning with the kid. Nintendo patch, second exploit, hurting the scene... Those are all excuses. Just let the kid cherish his unicorn. He just loves it too much.

Reactions: Jahruze

Mastadope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"What's most likely going to happen" hmm I can sum this up, we're going to end up fucking waiting ages....This is a self fulfilling prophecy and it's bullshit.

Reactions: WeedZ

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well then we make a save exploit for the browser that runs on boot :^) I've suggested it before but someone'd have to look to see if it's possible, I've never made a buffer overflow before so lmao

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oi, NWP123. It doesn't seem like you or MN1 have answered at all on this thread or any others, so I'll just ask one last time: what difference does it make that Nintendo patches an exploit out before its release compared to after other than the increase in wait time?

Reactions: WeedZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"