The Nintendo Switch has officially outsold the Wii

compare-hero.jpg

Nintendo's latest financials are live, and with the new sales figures comes another sale milestone for the juggernaut that is the Nintendo Switch. The Switch family of consoles, consisting of the standard Switch, the Lite and the OLED, has now sold 103.54 million units, reaching that number in only five years, faster than any other home console. Notably, the Switch still has some time left in its life cycle, while the Wii, Nintendo's previous best-selling home console, sold 101.63 million units in its lifetime, The Switch has now eclipsed the Wii U , which ended its life cycle with only 13.5 million sales.

While the Switch could be classified as Nintendo's best-selling home console, the hybrid console still lags behind some of the company's other handheld releases. The Game Boy and Game Boy Color sold 118.69 million units, and the Nintendo DS family of consoles sold a whopping 154.02 million units. Besides those two, the Switch is also still chasing the Sony PlayStation 4 at 116.6 million units and the PlayStation 2 at approximately 155 million.

:arrow: Source

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
There was a poster here years ago who said the Switch would never surpass the Wii sales. I wish I would have bookmarked that comment because that's how petty I can be.

i remember that... he made a video too, i think his username is @p1ngpong

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi and BORTZ

linkchidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Wii has more character than the Switch, if I'm being honest. The Switch is outsold in dollars but not in memories.
I think this is true, but personally it may be due to it being one of my childhood consoles, and also it was a time when Nintendo was trying to be less minimalist with their image. However, i think Switch has been more successful in keeping the people's interest, and hopefully its memory will be beyond remembering just Brawl/MK Wii/New Super Mario/Mario Galaxy

Reactions: Dud

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The entirety of GBA uniting under the same cause would sure turn their heads no?
most temp members with a switch are either using CFW, or paying for online, besides, we're an extremely small community, we couldn't make a dent on nintendo's NSO revenue even if every single user in this site stopped paying for it.

Reactions: Dud

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's the attitude. 🙄
Believe it or not, this site has around, 300K users, most of which are inactive, but let's round it up to 500K to give you the benefit of the doubt. While it would be stupid to assume literally everyone here has a Switch, let's say everyone here has one. That's less than 1% of the people who bought one. I do not think %0.5 of switch users not buying it would make nintendo go "oh no". A lot of Switch owners don't have NSO, in general. Like 50% or more. Nintendo's not making it better. They're not gonna make it better because a forum about hacking consoles doesn't buy it.

• Haha
Reactions: ldeveraux

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Believe it or not, this site has around, 300K users, most of which are inactive, but let's round it up to 500K to give you the benefit of the doubt. While it would be stupid to assume literally everyone here has a Switch, let's say everyone here has one. That's less than 1% of the people who bought one. I do not think %0.5 of switch users not buying it would make nintendo go "oh no". A lot of Switch owners don't have NSO, in general. Like 50% or more. Nintendo's not making it better. They're not gonna make it better because a forum about hacking consoles doesn't buy it.

Here's another one.

Team Twiizers once shared some details on how they noticed 1 million unique HBC installs on the Wii.
At the time, the Wii was sold over 100 million times, making it 1% of all users installed the HBC.
This obviously far surpasses the current registered members here which, back in the day would've been maybe 300k users.

Stealphie is right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste