Early beta Nintendo Switch menu design discovered on prototype Switch console

GEc_WP1W8AAhpMV.jpg

If you've ever owned a Nintendo Switch, you'll no doubt know what the system's menu looks like. However, a prototype Switch NAND that's been discovered shows that Nintendo had a much grander home menu for the Switch, in the early days of the system's development. The UI images are taken from a mockup that was found on the NAND of a prototype Nintendo Switch unit. The user who shared the images notes that they must be moderately early on in the Switch's planning cycle, as the final UI style was locked in around late 2016. The early menu images are dated 2015, though it's uncertain if the album date is correct.

In the images, you can see a large banner would have been displayed for each game, with the game icons shown at the bottom, as well as the battery for individual JoyCons, the Switch itself, and the internet connection all being shown in the bottom right corner of the screen, instead of the top. The mockups also show 3DS and Wii U titles being used as placeholder images.

:arrow: Source

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That looks better.

Damn shame Nintendo simplified it even more.
Typical corporate BS. I like this one better over the one that we have now.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am absolutely not geeking when I say I swear this was shown off years ago, like YEARS YEARS ago ~2017 or so.

EDIT: ehh nevermind it was close but this UI is much different than the one that was leaked years ago. The older leak just looks like an early version of the actual UI while this has a different UI altogether. Sucks that they couldn't be assed to add PNGs to each game considering they went above and beyond for stuff like the 3D banners for 3DS games

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you've ever owned a Nintendo Switch, you'll no doubt know what the system's menu looks like. However, a prototype Switch NAND that's been discovered shows that Nintendo had a much grander home menu for the Switch, in the early days of the system's development. The UI images are taken from a mockup that was found on the NAND of a prototype Nintendo Switch unit. The user who shared the images notes that they must be moderately early on in the Switch's planning cycle, as the final UI style was locked in around late 2016. The early menu images are dated 2015, though it's uncertain if the album date is correct.

In the images, you can see a large banner would have been displayed for each game, with the game icons shown at the bottom, as well as the battery for individual JoyCons, the Switch itself, and the internet connection all being shown in the bottom right corner of the screen, instead of the top. The mockups also show 3DS and Wii U titles being used as placeholder images.

:arrow: Source
So basically its just the same thing but a large banner when hovering over a title. That and the quick applets are full apps making them more annoying to access.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That looks better.

Damn shame Nintendo simplified it even more.
Artist : We present you this magnificent UI for the Switch
Boss : Nah, looks too expensive, make one less expensive
Artist : But sir, my wage won't change, I'm already paid for it anyway.
Boss : I don't care, make something less expensive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch