Tears of the Kingdom is both the fastest-selling Zelda game and fastest-selling Nintendo game of all time

gjfidgd.png

In less than a week since the game launched The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is crushing records. The game sold a massive 10 million copies worldwide, making it the fastest-selling Zelda game ever, as well as the fastest selling Nintendo Switch title, on top of being the fastest-selling game in Nintendo history, at least in The Americas. For reference, the game's predecessor, Breath of the Wild, is currently sitting at 30 million copies sold in its lifetime, meaning Tears of the Kingdom has sold a third of the amount in just 6 days.

:arrow: Source

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As in if a kirby game becomes nintendo fastest selling game, it automatically becomea fastest selling kirby game
Same goes with metroid, mario and all their other franchises
Post automatically merged:

Between the success of the Mario movie and the success of this game, despite the leaks, Nintendo deserves these W's.
Wwaaaa?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As in if a kirby game becomes nintendo fastest selling game, it automatically becomea fastest selling kirby game
Same goes with metroid, mario and all their other franchises

Wwaaaa?
Oh, you meant: "Zelda sold a lot before so it sells a lot now"
Yes?
Might be the way I'm reading your post.

Kinda surprised though, saw a Reddit r/gaming post that stated that only 8 games has had perfect scores ever and four of them are Zelda games:
- Ocarina of Time
- Skyward Sword
- Breath of the Wild
- Tears of the Kingdom

So, it makes sense?

I don't get why though, no Hookshot is a deal breaker for me. Not kidding.

Reactions: VDDZ and Hmed

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, you meant: "Zelda sold a lot before so it sells a lot now"
Yes?
Might be the way I'm reading your post.

Kinda surprised though, saw a Reddit r/gaming post that stated that only 8 games has had perfect scores ever and four of them are Zelda games:
- Ocarina of Time
- Skyward Sword
- Breath of the Wild
- Tears of the Kingdom

So, it makes sense?

I don't get why though, no Hookshot is a deal breaker for me. Not kidding.
No thats not what i mean...
Zelda is a nintendo game franchise
Mario is a nintendo game franchise
Kirby is a nintendo game franchise
Metroid is a nintendo game franchise
Splatoon is a nintendo game franchise

No matter which one, if a game of one of these franchise becomes "Nintendo fastest selling game" it means it also becomes "their own franchise fastest selling game"

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that's crazy, so when is nintendo holding back on their war against switch modders? they're gonna make bank anyways.
Reminds me of the company i work for
When i met my boss for my yearly bonus, she told me the company didn't make enough profit in the previous year
I checked their financial report online today
In 2022, they made several hundreads of millions in PROFIT, not revenue.

Reactions: Acetonide and Hmed

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm chalking this up to market penetration and simple human population.

It isn't fair to compare a game like this against, say, A Link to the Past. More people today than ever before are gamers. Maybe two out of five of your friends growing up even owned a Super Nintendo, and MAYBE one of them had the latest Zelda game.

A Link to the Past is still one of the greatest games of all time, and one of the highest-selling Nintendo titles ever.

If that game came out today, it would have similar results. There are no surprises, here.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats Nintendo, but still fuq you 🙄🤷🏽‍♂😅😆😂

I'm chalking this up to market penetration and simple human population.

It isn't fair to compare a game like this against, say, A Link to the Past. More people today than ever before are gamers. Maybe two out of five of your friends growing up even owned a Super Nintendo, and MAYBE one of them had the latest Zelda game.

A Link to the Past is still one of the greatest games of all time, and one of the highest-selling Nintendo titles ever.

If that game came out today, it would have similar results. There are no surprises, here.
That was my fav Zelda game and I enjoyed every minute of beating that game.

Reactions: IncredulousP

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
zelda games usually are good games but they arent the top sellers, other ips like smash bros/mario kart/mario games usually are best seller on nintendo consoles so we will see in the long run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto