Hacking rxTools with Signatures patched out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks. Gonna get on that now. Also, this should make dsiware titles work properly too, right?

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Great! If someone come up with a way to install DevMenu/BigBlueBox/FBI without a game/flashcard or downgrading, that would be awesome

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great! If someone come up with a way to install DevMenu/BigBlueBox/FBI without a game/flashcard or downgrading, that would be awesome
Theoretically, it should be possible to use palentine cfw or PBT to install devmenu to the emunand using the server feature it has, then boot into rxtools and install cia's from there.

EDIT: Remeber, it's just a theory... a GAME THE- I'll stop now :P

EDIT 2: Actually, forget PBT. It's SYSNAND only. It would require extra work.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can't. Why you don't want to downgrade? Do you have a 2ds?
I don't need it, I already have Gateway. I just think it's a lot of work to downgrade, install palantine/pbt just to install devmenu, upgrade back to 9.2 and finally use rxtools
I have a question:

Can I run unsigned cias on emunand? If I update my emunand I can play any cia?
Yes, but you need a way to install them

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't need it, I already have Gateway. I just think it's a lot of work to downgrade, install palantine/pbt just to install devmenu, upgrade back to 9.2 and finally use rxtools

I can install PBT (BigBlueMenu), then install all cias I want, and setup the emunand right?

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly did you manage, @AHP_person?

rxMode uses a FIRM above the needed for many exploits, so it's not like you just used one to dig. Unless, maybe, you swapped the FIRM so you could dig.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France

If you already have a gateway, then you can just use your current emunand with rxtools.

I can install PBT (BigBlueMenu), then install all cias I want, and setup the emunand right?

Yes you can. As long as you have BBm on your emunand, you can directly install cias from rxtools.

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could, but it would be less work to use Palentine CFW, because otherwise you would have to extract your system nand and inject it into your emunand, which makes it more tedious than it already is.

AHP_person

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly did you manage, @AHP_person?

rxMode uses a FIRM above the needed for many exploits, so it's not like you just used one to dig. Unless, maybe, you swapped the FIRM so you could dig.
If you're talking about the sig patching, rxTools has a neat system for storing firm patches. I just added two of my own that replaced commands in firm handling sig checking.
Is there a MSET methos?
Yes, but the rop calls for rxTools.dat, you'd need to change that.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're adding an unnecessary step. No need to upgrade sysnand back to 9.2.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, we're not going anywhere, we still have the monopoly over signature checks on N3DS; )
technically... no you don't. Gateway does region free (best, I might add, since Pasta+NTR doesn't work with DLC for out of region games... Gateway just works (because it does its patching in arm11?)) and sigcheck removal. Pasta only has the monopoly on pirated GBA/DSI on N3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be a good...