Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THE CURRENT VERSION OF rxTools is : 3.0 Alpha 0

welcome to the official rxTools technical support thread !
Please feel free to post all your problems and your questions only regarding the OFFICIAL rxTools developed by Roxas75.
Developers or experienced users will answer to your questions and issues.
But please read the FAQ before !

As most of you know, Roxas75, has retired from 3DS Scene and has donated his rxTools project to the Pasta Dev team and the project has now been rebranded as

rxTools -with Pasta-
The first official release version of rxTools -with Pasta- will be the 3.0 release which will contain some new features, descriptions of which can be found in the main thread.

FAQ:
Please read the main thread for FAQs , Feature list and download links.

Error-3 while installing rxTools 2.6:
Please download the latest release of rxTools from github.
Also RE-DOWNLOAD the firmware.bin file using the cdn_firm.py script present in the tools 2.6 folder
The MD5(firmware.bin) : A9DCD99A360E8629810F8ED08403D746

'X' Displayed while installing rxTools [....x..] :
AGB_FIRM is not installed in either the SysNAND nor the EmuNAND.
It is necessary to have AGB_FIRM installed in at least one of the NANDs. The installation data suite needs that in order to properly parse the Title Key and decrypt the AGB_FIRM copy stored in the firmware.bin file. Otherwise, it'll always fail.
Install a clean AGB_FIRM CIA to either the SysNAND or the EmuNAND (or both preferably).
AGB_FIRM CIA using 3DNUS (Title ID: 0004013800000202 / Version: 3665). Then, use FBI to install the CIA to the NAND.
Alternatively, you can follow this guide: AGB_FIRM Signature patcher
Credits to @DarkMatterCore for the explanation.

Credits / The RxTools -with Pasta- Team :
- @AlbertoSONIC for the UI system, the current firmware detection, the auto boot code and overall code enhancements.
- @capito27 Founder of PastaCFW project.
- @Crusard for icons and UI images !
- @dela
- @kactusss for testing the Pasta app and providing the videos.
- @motezazer for firmlaunch, most offsets, code enhancements, testing and the format of this post.
- Patois for brahma and sample code, without whom, this CFW loader would not have been possible.
- @nop90
- @Psi-hate for bringing up the unknown pastebin to the gbatemp community.
- @Roxas75 Founder of rxTools
- Smea for ninjhax!
- Unknown for some O3DS offsets and the signature patch method.
- Many other people

If anyone feels that this post contains incorrect information or have some suggestions to improve it please contact me via PM, I'll reply to you ASAP. :)

Last edited by megazero1x1,

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll start this off then d:

I was able to use FBI Injection on a 4.2 USA O3DS XL and launch the FBI H&S app on sysnand if I boot into sysnand by holding X while rxTools boots. Then I can play some gba games if I boot DevMode. Took only like 5 minutes.

However, I have a friend with the same setup as me (both downgraded from 9.2), except that he is on 4.5 due to upgrading his sysnand so he can still play ACNL on sysnand. For some reason, FBI Injection says it worked, but when he boots into sysnand by holding X, the H&S app still boots into...the H&S app. We tried many times using many different rxtools.dat launchers (the different official versions up to 2.5.2 and even Chelsea_fantasy's mod)

TLDR - The only differences between our setups is:
1. I boot gateway on MSET and rxtools through browser, whereas he just uses rxtools on MSET
2. I am on 4.2, and he is on 4.5 (Animal Crossing cart update)

Help?

blaze862

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First thing I have to say to you is that the new rxtools 2.5 has disabled signature patches and can install FBI onto h&s without much work.

I'm not really an expert on these things but I don't think it has much to do with different booting methods. The injection could be faulty.
Was your friend on 9.8 emunand before he attempted to inject? Also did he inject the correct region files?
There are just a lot of things which could have gone wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Edit: nvm, I just read yours again and realised you're trying to use it on sysnand. My bad :P

Reactions: samiam144

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same issue. I can install and launch H&S(FBI) trought sysnand.( Booting rxtool while holding X) i tried to install a cia and it work.

But i tried to install the H&S(FBI) on emunand, it says me it's ok. But impossible to launch H&S(FBI) it's just the normal H&S app.

My setup is 4.5 EUR O3DSXL ( downgraded from gateway) + 9.8 EUR emunand

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Orz. I've finally boot my console with latest one compiled minutes ago.
However the screen in emunand have some blank titles (which is black icon with white border).
If opened the 3DS loops with the "Nintendo 3DS" logo.. And home key deactivated. Quite amusing..
If i run those, then power down, and into rxmode again, one weird box disappear.
^_^ then again it would appear, as a gift box.. WOW. It could be unwrapped again, orz.
Hope someone could find a way to solve this weird problem.

Mine is JAP O3DS, Sysnand 4.1, Emunand 9.8. Mset.
Region free? I've only tried one EUR through devmenu, which is long ago.

OK I know why that is now.
It is cause there is still title installed inside NAND. Titles count told me that.
on that sig-patched 2.4, the title just doesn't pop up. FBI install fails when doing so on Emunand..
i would launch FBI and delete those titles from NAND, about the latest ones in the list.

NOTE: If you see weird boxes (wrapped is black icon with white border, unwrapped ones have no names) just get your FBI to uninstall some user installed titles on your Emunand! See those around the end of your list. This is cause the 2.4 just doesn't show those corrupted titles.
Sorry i've mistaken it. You can install devmenu and use that. Remove other titles on your SD.

Also feel free to attach this info on the OP.

Last edited by Syphurith,

DAHU75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
try to install and play gba games

have do this :

X+A = sysnand with sig patched = FBI on H&S works, use this to install other cia managers , and have install devmenu in my sysnand

devmode = AGB/TWL with sig patched = only FBI on H&S don't work, but other CIA managers will work, so be sure to install them again first before booting to devmode
in devmode have install cia agb-firm patch and a game

but game dont appear in menu screen

can only launch game with devmenu , but when i want exit game , console freeze .

what i miss

have a old 3DS in 4.5 , RX 2.5.2 , emunand 9.8

thanks

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
try to install and play gba games

have do this :

X+A = sysnand with sig patched = FBI on H&S works, use this to install other cia managers , and have install devmenu in my sysnand

devmode = AGB/TWL with sig patched = only FBI on H&S don't work, but other CIA managers will work, so be sure to install them again first before booting to devmode
in devmode have install cia agb-firm patch and a game

but game dont appear in menu screen

can only launch game with devmenu , but when i want exit game , console freeze .

what i miss

have a old 3DS in 4.5 , RX 2.5.2 , emunand 9.8

thanks

If you installed the gaems in emuNAND first, you need then to extract emuNAND ticket.db and then inject it to sysNAND.
Then your games should appear now.

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same issue. I can install and launch H&S(FBI) trought sysnand.( Booting rxtool while holding X) i tried to install a cia and it work.

But i tried to install the H&S(FBI) on emunand, it says me it's ok. But impossible to launch H&S(FBI) it's just the normal H&S app.

My setup is 4.5 EUR O3DSXL ( downgraded from gateway) + 9.8 EUR emunand
same here but I'm US o3ds + 4.2 emuNAND/9.8 emuNAND, both of the emuNANDs didn't get FBI installed even though rxtools said it was successful.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
if you inject FBI H&S and it just launch the normal H&S app you have to reinstall H&S of your region and version... but that only works if you have a working cia manager... I think the problem is the fbi_inject.app since it was specifically made for 9.X emunand and not 4.X

the best way is update your emunand before injecting the fbi_inject.app

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you inject FBI H&S and it just launch the normal H&S app you have to reinstall H&S of your region and version... but that only works if you have a working cia manager... I think the problem is the fbi_inject.app since it was specifically made for 9.X emunand and not 4.X

the best way is update your emunand before injecting the fbi_inject.app
so re-update it to 9.8? because I did that before and it didn't work.

AugustoKazt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey what i need to do to get Rxtools emuNAND with the latest version (without system configuration update; i know i can use save data filer for the saves but i dont know how to use or if i can just enter on a Folder where is Going to be all the saves of the console; the other thing is i dont want to screw my console updating badly the sysNAND or something like that
I know a app call sysUpdater (i know is supposed to be a update out from Nintendo, i guess), but is the same case as save data filer.
NOW my 3ds are on sysNAND 4.2 (downgraded from a v6.2) with rednand with titlemanager and a bunch of CIAS/Games Installed.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got Rxtools setup with emunand 9.8, I'm celebrating right now!
My question is, can emunand play cartridges too? Aside from the long cia installation, Rxtools is PERFECT! I can literally turn any 9.2 or below O3DS into an Rxtools 3DS just like that.

Also, for GBA support is it better to setup CakesFW or just use Rxtools?

DAHU75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you installed the gaems in emuNAND first, you need then to extract emuNAND ticket.db and then inject it to sysNAND.
Then your games should appear now.

have do that , and nothing appear in sysnand or emunand

someone have a little tutorial for install an can play gba games please , with a old 3DS 4.5

Reactions: djalmafreestyler

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just got Rxtools setup with emunand 9.8, I'm celebrating right now!
My question is, can emunand play cartridges too? Aside from the long cia installation, Rxtools is PERFECT! I can literally turn any 9.2 or below O3DS into an Rxtools 3DS just like that.

Also, for GBA support is it better to setup CakesFW or just use Rxtools?

Yes, it can play cartdriges too, but is highly recommended to use a Sysnand above 7.X for cart save encryption issues, like Pokémon.

GBA support is fine for both versions, the advantage that Cakes has right now is that you can select the patches before emuNAND loads, and rxtools needs to run in dev mode trough sysnand.

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Rxtools on my 3ds Xl and the titles I had installed are no longer recognized. Do I just redownload them from the eshop?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it can play cartdriges too, but is highly recommended to use a Sysnand above 7.X for cart save encryption issues, like Pokémon.

GBA support is fine for both versions, the advantage that Cakes has right now is that you can select the patches before emuNAND loads, and rxtools needs to run in dev mode trough sysnand.
I mean playing carts from emunand. It seems like it does since I launched cubic Ninja from emunand. I have sysnand 9.0 and emunand 9.8 for my setup.

Would you suggest CakesFW for GBA games over Rxtools? Or does Rxtools MOD Switcher make it easier?
Either way, I'll have to get them installed on sysnand and emunand since my nands are unlinked.

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What do I do after I set up the mset exploit? Going into ds profile always just crashes, never boots rxtools. Is there another file I need besides rxtools.dat?

Last edited by godstriker8,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I mean playing carts from emunand. It seems like it does since I launched cubic Ninja from emunand. I have sysnand 9.0 and emunand 9.8 for my setup.

Would you suggest CakesFW for GBA games over Rxtools? Or does Rxtools MOD Switcher make it easier?
Either way, I'll have to get them installed on sysnand and emunand since my nands are unlinked.

Both do the same, I assume you want a friendly and more reliable method, so use the switcher MOD if don't wanna touch your sysnand AGB firmware.

Reactions: MattKimura

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: