Hacking [How-To] Switch from PBT/Pasta/Palantine CFW to rxTools (sig. patched)

Gso Nero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following these steps, at the last step of system updating emunand on "RX3D 4.4.0-10U" firmware I get a black screen when trying to launch rxTools EmuNAND again.

My Nintendo 3DS XL Firmware at stock is "Ver. 4.4.0-10U". These are the steps I followed from the beginning.

1st I installed Palestine CFW using this old outdated guide. I followed only Part 2. I used this video guide.

2nd I installed dual nand with Palestine CFW + rxTools as described in this old OTHER outdated guide.
  • II With Palantine CFW (RedNAND):

1. Download this pack : http://jheberg.net/captcha/3ds-dualnand-v05-3/
    2. Start the cfw and install the legit(s) cia(s).
    3. Backup your sd content.
    4. Go to the 3ds-dualnand_v0.5 folder and run 'Extract emuNAND 1.bat' as admin.
    5. Then run 'Inject emuNAND 1.bat' as admin.
    6. Finally run 'Inject RedNAND 2.bat' as admin. Be careful, this will format your sd card without your confirmation.
    7. Restore your sd-card contents and replace your current boot.bin with the one in the 3ds-dualnand_v0.5.
    8. You have now two emunands on your sd card : a normal emunand you can use with rxTools and the cfw redNAND. Use rxTools to update the first one.
    9. Start the updated emunand with rxTools, and enjoy.
3rd I followed this guide
  • 3. If you have a dual nand Palantine/rxTools :
    - Use this tool to backup your cfw rednand (extract nand 2)
    - Backup your sd card content
    - Do a format emunand with gateway launcher.dat.
    - Reinject your redand as an emunand (inject emunand 1)
    - Update your emunand with rxTools
  1. At the "-Backup your sd card content" step I backed up my sd card
  2. I then formatted my SD card.
  3. Then I copy & pasted Gateway's "Launcher.dat" file to the newly formatted SD card.
  4. Used ROP Multiloader (download link here) from the 1st guide (video guide here) on my R4i 3DS Deluxe Blue (DS) Flashcart to install the Gateway exploit.
  5. I went to Settings --> Other Settings --> Profile --> Nintendo DS Profile
  6. I launched the Gateway ;auncher.dat exploit and formatted my EmuNAND. After formatting I booted into classic mode and turned my 3DS off.
  7. I copy & pasted my backed up SD card content back to the SD card.
  8. I reinjected my REDNAND that I previously extracted with "(extract nand 2)" by injecting using the option "(injected emunand 1)".
  9. I followed the rxTools HowTo guide with "3DS version , 4.4 , browser not available". I installed rxTools following the "Setting up rxTools using mset" guide.
  10. I put all the files in the correct places. rxTools.dat & Firmware.bin in SD card. rxinstaller.nds on microSD to be inserted into Flashcart.
  11. I turned on my 3DS and went into my R4i 3DS Deluxe Blue (DS) Flashcart and launched rxinstaller.nds to start the mset exploit.
  12. After the mset exploit finished I went to the home screen.
  13. I went to Settings --> Other Settings --> Profile --> Nintendo DS Profile
  14. Launched rxTools, press R, and started "Launch rxMode in EmuNAND".
  15. I went to Settings and at the bottom right of the top-screen I see "RX3D 4.4.0-10U".
  16. I went to --> Other Settings --> System Update, and updated the system in "RX3D 4.4.0-10U" EmuNAND. I was charging while updating. The system turns off after updating.
  17. I turned on my 3DS and went into my R4i 3DS Deluxe Blue (DS) Flashcart and launched rxinstaller.nds to start the mset exploit.
  18. After the mset exploit finished I went to the home screen.
  19. I went to Settings --> Other Settings --> Profile --> Nintendo DS Profile
  20. Launched rxTools, press R, and started "Launch rxMode in EmuNAND" and all I get is a black screen.
I can't update the system in rxTools EmuNAND "RX3D 4.4.0-10U" firmware. Can anyone help me? Much appreciated!

Gso Nero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I huess you forgot the slot0x25keyx.bin file, or the one you have is not filled with the 7.X key.
Good point! But I did make sure that the slot0x25keyx.bin file is in the SD card as well.

How can I make sure the slot0x25keyx.bin is filled with the CORRECT 7.X key?

I Googled slot0x25keyx.bin (Google search link) and went to the website "maxconsole" that is linked and copied the (7.X key here) selection into the slot0x25keyx generator.

slot0x25KeyX.bin MD5:
(7.X Key here)
  1. I ran "slot0x25KeyX Generator v1.2.exe".
  2. Inserted the (7.X key here) from the maxconsole website.
  3. Clicked Validate.
  4. Copy & pasted the resulting slot0x25keyx.bin file to the root of my SD card.
Did I do this correctly? Or am I supposed to put the MD5 created text file's 7.X key into the generator and generator a second time? Sorry, I'm just scratching my head. I really appreciate the help and response!

Last edited by Gso Nero,

VerseHell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, the md5 is not the 7.X, what would be the point of the generator if that was the case?
You must enter the correct the 7.X key (hint : govanify), then check with hashcalc for example if your slot0x25KeyX has the correct md5.

Reactions: Gso Nero

Gso Nero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the md5 is not the 7.X, what would be the point of the generator if that was the case?
You must enter the correct the 7.X key (hint : govanify), then check with hashcalc for example if your slot0x25KeyX has the correct md5.

Thanks for the response and tip. I will try to see if I can find the correct 7.X key at this point. I'm going to go search around for (hunt: govanify) and report back.

Gso Nero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I found the 7.X key, I believe. I found a file I could download with an already generated slot0x24keyx.bin file from here (WARNING. Chrome detects that it may have a virus.)

I did everything all over again as displayed here
Following these steps, at the last step of system updating emunand on "RX3D 4.4.0-10U" firmware I get a black screen when trying to launch rxTools EmuNAND again.

My Nintendo 3DS XL Firmware at stock is "Ver. 4.4.0-10U". These are the steps I followed from the beginning.

1st I installed Palestine CFW using this old outdated guide. I followed only Part 2. I used this video guide.

2nd I installed dual nand with Palestine CFW + rxTools as described in this old OTHER outdated guide.
  • II With Palantine CFW (RedNAND):

1. Download this pack : http://jheberg.net/captcha/3ds-dualnand-v05-3/
    2. Start the cfw and install the legit(s) cia(s).
    3. Backup your sd content.
    4. Go to the 3ds-dualnand_v0.5 folder and run 'Extract emuNAND 1.bat' as admin.
    5. Then run 'Inject emuNAND 1.bat' as admin.
    6. Finally run 'Inject RedNAND 2.bat' as admin. Be careful, this will format your sd card without your confirmation.
    7. Restore your sd-card contents and replace your current boot.bin with the one in the 3ds-dualnand_v0.5.
    8. You have now two emunands on your sd card : a normal emunand you can use with rxTools and the cfw redNAND. Use rxTools to update the first one.
    9. Start the updated emunand with rxTools, and enjoy.
3rd I followed this guide
  • 3. If you have a dual nand Palantine/rxTools :
    - Use this tool to backup your cfw rednand (extract nand 2)
    - Backup your sd card content
    - Do a format emunand with gateway launcher.dat.
    - Reinject your redand as an emunand (inject emunand 1)
    - Update your emunand with rxTools
  1. At the "-Backup your sd card content" step I backed up my sd card
  2. I then formatted my SD card.
  3. Then I copy & pasted Gateway's "Launcher.dat" file to the newly formatted SD card.
  4. Used ROP Multiloader (download link here) from the 1st guide (video guide here) on my R4i 3DS Deluxe Blue (DS) Flashcart to install the Gateway exploit.
  5. I went to Settings --> Other Settings --> Profile --> Nintendo DS Profile
  6. I launched the Gateway ;auncher.dat exploit and formatted my EmuNAND. After formatting I booted into classic mode and turned my 3DS off.
  7. I copy & pasted my backed up SD card content back to the SD card.
  8. I reinjected my REDNAND that I previously extracted with "(extract nand 2)" by injecting using the option "(injected emunand 1)".
  9. I followed the rxTools HowTo guide with "3DS version , 4.4 , browser not available". I installed rxTools following the "Setting up rxTools using mset" guide.
  10. I put all the files in the correct places. rxTools.dat & Firmware.bin in SD card. rxinstaller.nds on microSD to be inserted into Flashcart.
  11. I turned on my 3DS and went into my R4i 3DS Deluxe Blue (DS) Flashcart and launched rxinstaller.nds to start the mset exploit.
  12. After the mset exploit finished I went to the home screen.
  13. I went to Settings --> Other Settings --> Profile --> Nintendo DS Profile
  14. Launched rxTools, press R, and started "Launch rxMode in EmuNAND".
  15. I went to Settings and at the bottom right of the top-screen I see "RX3D 4.4.0-10U".
  16. I went to --> Other Settings --> System Update, and updated the system in "RX3D 4.4.0-10U" EmuNAND. I was charging while updating. The system turns off after updating.
  17. I turned on my 3DS and went into my R4i 3DS Deluxe Blue (DS) Flashcart and launched rxinstaller.nds to start the mset exploit.
  18. After the mset exploit finished I went to the home screen.
  19. I went to Settings --> Other Settings --> Profile --> Nintendo DS Profile
  20. Launched rxTools, press R, and started "Launch rxMode in EmuNAND" and all I get is a black screen.
I can't update the system in rxTools EmuNAND "RX3D 4.4.0-10U" firmware. Can anyone help me? Much appreciated!
and I still get a black screen upon updating the system while in "RX3D 4.4.0-10U" firmware. :(

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, so I found the 7.X key, I believe. I found a file I could download with an already generated slot0x24keyx.bin file from here (WARNING. Chrome detects that it may have a virus.)

I did everything all over again as displayed here

and I still get a black screen upon updating the system while in "RX3D 4.4.0-10U" firmware. :(

The best I could "suggest" is get a hex editor, open that file and give us a screenshot of it to be 100% sure. :P

(Mods is this allowed?)

Gso Nero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best I could "suggest" is get a hex editor, open that file and give us a screenshot of it to be 100% sure. :P

(Mods is this allowed?)
2YqPh5R.png

Is it correct? I just mashed in a bunch of stock images I had to try to censor it. I'll censor more if need be.

Last edited by Gso Nero,

Gso Nero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it really doesn't work I can just send you mine to test.
Man, I really appreciate the help.

Please send it my way via private message.

I think I'm just going to try again and start from scratch if everything I try doesn't solve anything. Can you, VerseHell, or anyone give me a suggestion on what YOU did to get yours to work? My goal is to be able to run CIA installed games that are above version 7.X

Gso Nero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks correct....... I wonder why it doesn't work......? What version of rxTools are you using?
I am using the latest version as of 7/21/2015, rxTools v2.6.

I received a link to a slot0x25KeyX.bin file by VerseHell and I still got to a black screen after updating in rxTools EmuNAND RX3D 4.4.0-10U.

I'm going to just start from scratch now...what would you suggest StriderVM? Well really, anyone who has had success. I just want to be able to play CIA games on my 3DS XL. I have a flashcart readily available.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, with that case, the best solution is to create a new emuNAND and try again.

If the black screen stays for more than 2 minutes, there's no a good chance that emuNAND is bad. O

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok guys, hopefully someone can help me on this one

I have the dual nand Palantine/rxTools with sig. patches and I was always using this method to install new cia:

If you want to add new legit cias after that :

1. Install them with the cfw
2. Connect your SD Card to your PC
3. Go to the 3ds-dualnand_v0.5 folder and run 'Extract emuNAND 2.bat' as admin.
3. Run 'Inject emuNAND 1.bat' as admin.
4. Re-update your emunand with rxTools

Or

1. Install them with the cfw
2. Connect your SD Card to your PC
3. Backup your rxTools emunand with emunand tool
3. Go to the 3ds-dualnand_v0.5 folder and run 'Extract emuNAND 2.bat' as admin.
3. Run 'Inject emuNAND 1.bat' as admin.
4. Dump your emunand's (which is the cfw rednand at this point) ticket.db with rxTools.
5. Restore your rxTools emunand with emunand Tool
6. Inject the ticket.db to your emunand with rxTools.

Is there any way I can install new cia with rxTools instead of using the cfw?

Because I really, really tried, and couldn't boot it after updating to the rxTools with sig. patches

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think the Mister is cool and all, but honestly I have seen some video's exploring the...