Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would use mset, but Im using that for gateway. and about keeping 4.3, its just my gateway is all set up and im not sure if i will lose all my games and saves on emunand and would have to got through installing it all over again
Why would updating sysnand make you lose saves on emunand? If you were playing them on emunand already there is nothing to worry about. The tricky part is actually updating sysnand to 9.2. You MUST use a CFW that does NOT firmlaunch. That means mini pasta, or older rxtools using pasta mode or devmode, or something like that.

Last edited by urherenow,

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would updating sysnand make you lose saves on emunand? If you were playing them on emunand already there is nothing to worry about. The tricky part is actually updating sysnand to 9.2. You MUST use a CFW that does NOT firmlaunch. That means mini pasta, or older rxtools using pasta mode or devmode, or something like that.
OK gonna try this, but do you know if I can still boot GW emunand using ds profile exploit? or would i just use menuhax to boot into GW?

Galerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just wonder if I can enter to the eshop to download some patches with the rxtools ? without losing my cias , my emunand it's on 10.7 :o

Last edited by Galerox,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, use sysupdater, but you still need to heed my warning. You must launch sysnand WITHOUT A FIRMLAUNCH. This means pasta, minipasta, devmode, etc. you will soft brick if you don't. There is also a GW.3dsx you can use to launch GW offline from HBC, or Gateway_cia.
I just wonder if I can enter to the eshop to download some patches with the rxtools ? without losing my cias , my emunand it's on 10.7 :o
Yes, you can. You can also use funkeyCIA or funkyCIA2 to grab updates with your computer.

Reactions: Galerox

snowblue27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I just downgraded from 10.7 to 9.2 using OoT3Dhax. I downloaded the latest Emunand9, starter kit, rxtools v2.6, and python 2.7.10.
But when I try to run cdn_firm.py, it opens for a second then closes. It does not generate the latest firmware.bin.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I just downgraded from 10.7 to 9.2 using OoT3Dhax. I downloaded the latest Emunand9, starter kit, rxtools v2.6, and python 2.7.10.
But when I try to run cdn_firm.py, it opens for a second then closes. It does not generate the latest firmware.bin.
Run it from a command line so you can see the problem. You don't double-click .py files. Rxtools is kind of old and mostly dead, so most experienced users haven't used it in a long while. For all I know, the firm it is trying to download may have been removed from cdn since 11.0.0-33 has a new native_firm.

In that case, you'd better stick to Luma3ds or Cakes.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway to get the homebrew app to launch directly from my SysNand using RxTools 3.0b?
Are you using a9lh? If so, you can install hblauncher_loader (sorry, forgot the exact name)

Edit: you probably don't. iirc, I built my own, but don't think there was ever a public release of an a9lh rxtools that I can remember.

Domino101

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using a9lh? If so, you can install hblauncher_loader (sorry, forgot the exact name)

Edit: you probably don't. iirc, I built my own, but don't think there was ever a public release of an a9lh rxtools that I can remember.
im trying to install a9lh but i need to get OTP first an it requires homebrew booting straight from SysNand.

Keima1987

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Hello,

I recently installed the new version of rxTools 3.0 beta 2 on my o3DS v9.2.0.20E. After pressing a key (after installation) to boot rxMode. it freezes. Even after retrying to boot the rxmode (sys an emu) through browser hax it still freezes. I still can browse the rxTools menu.

Am I missing something?

Greetings Keima

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I recently installed the new version of rxTools 3.0 beta 2 on my o3DS v9.2.0.20E. After pressing a key (after installation) to boot rxMode. it freezes. Even after retrying to boot the rxmode (sys an emu) through browser hax it still freezes. I still can browse the rxTools menu.

Am I missing something?

Greetings Keima
I have the exact same issue, the console just freezes on the "Please stand by rxmode is booting" screen when trying to boot rXmode. O3DS on 9.2 here, using the good ol' .bin browser method.

Reactions: elyk1212

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch +1