Picofly AIO Thread

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
My picofly installed switch lite boots to ofw sometimes(about 1 out of 10 boots) is this normal behavior?
try using 30 awg wire for ground and 3.3v. Actually no. What exactly is your problem? The chip, 1 out of 10 times, doesnt turn on -> power on OFW? Or does it give out error and then power OFW?

Last edited by Crung,
Reactions: Vagabond31

Vagabond31

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
try using 30 awg wire for ground and 3.3v. Actually no. What exactly is your problem? The chip, 1 out of 10 times, doesnt turn on -> power on OFW? Or does it give out error and then power OFW?
Yeah the chip doesn't power on at all when it happens

Paffo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For the patched V1 (XKJ4 is patched V1 or a V2 model?) what is the alternative location for the mosfets?
Although im ok with it, i'd rather not disturb the APU

k28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oled with picofly seldomly starts into ofw instead of hekate? what might be the issue? maybe a lose dat0 cable? its really seldom.

TorJays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any video guide for installing the mosfet(s) using the alternative location mentioned on the last page of the guide? All video guides I have seen make solder connections to the APU itself. Just trying to get as familiar with this process as I can before I tackle the mod on my switch lite. Thanks!

progitto

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I think I need some support on mounting Picofly on my Switch ACNH (so V2 version).
I'm using a RP2040-NS from Ali, the one that have the RP2040 mounted on semi-flex PCB.
I've flashed it using the last 2.75 version firmware but I always get a short - long - short led error message.
Removing RP2040 and mounting again eMMC Switch can boot regularly.
Any clues?
I've measured resistance across CPU power supply capacitor, the ones that got soldered, and I got 10-11 ohms. Any other points that I can measure?
Attached a video of led blinking sequence and a picture of the soldering

Attachments

• PXL_20240329_135153055.TS~2.mp4
    16.6 MB
  • PXL_20240329_135427002.jpg
    PXL_20240329_135427002.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7

psycho-neon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi guys, I think I need some support on mounting Picofly on my Switch ACNH (so V2 version).
I'm using a RP2040-NS from Ali, the one that have the RP2040 mounted on semi-flex PCB.
I've flashed it using the last 2.75 version firmware but I always get a short - long - short led error message.
Removing RP2040 and mounting again eMMC Switch can boot regularly.
Any clues?
I've measured resistance across CPU power supply capacitor, the ones that got soldered, and I got 10-11 ohms. Any other points that I can measure?
Attached a video of led blinking sequence and a picture of the soldering
Why you didn't mount the emmc on the modchip? 🤔 a connector is there on purpose.

progitto

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why you didn't mount the emmc on the modchip? 🤔 a connector is there on purpose.
WTF... I completely missed this. This my first time with this type of mod and in the excitement I had completely skipped this thing
eMMC connected and now can boot to the Picofly "no sd card" screen.
Thank you psycho-neon!

Carquinca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey guys, Im looking for help as something went wrong with my oled install.
Everything was working perfectly, glitching worked 100% of the time, and as I was installing games through tinfoil in the emunand something crashed and an error with the game cartridge started to appear. Now I cannot boot into hekate as it goes straight into ofw, and there is an error that says that the game cartridge could not be read even though I do not have any game cartridge.
The picofly is showing bad D0 as its a long pulse and a short one.

psycho-neon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hey guys, Im looking for help as something went wrong with my oled install.
Everything was working perfectly, glitching worked 100% of the time, and as I was installing games through tinfoil in the emunand something crashed and an error with the game cartridge started to appear. Now I cannot boot into hekate as it goes straight into ofw, and there is an error that says that the game cartridge could not be read even though I do not have any game cartridge.
The picofly is showing bad D0 as its a long pulse and a short one.

Bad d0, as its showed already. Check your dat0 adapter.

Paffo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I installed the PicoFly on the Patched V1 XKJ4 I have, I think I installed all correctly, but I'm getting yellow blink with black screen.
Ignore the long wires, they are temporary as I was just testing the Pico, and the soldering connections are sturdy.
The Motherboard is a HAD-CPU-001, the one with the resistor and diode enclosing the RST pad.
The error seems to be bad RST, but I'm not sure.

bvang913

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advertisement

I installed the PicoFly on the Patched V1 XKJ4 I have, I think I installed all correctly, but I'm getting yellow blink with black screen.
Ignore the long wires, they are temporary as I was just testing the Pico, and the soldering connections are sturdy.
The Motherboard is a HAD-CPU-001, the one with the resistor and diode enclosing the RST pad.
The error seems to be bad RST, but I'm not sure.

Error code, short short = RST not connected. Check that point and what values are you reading in diode mode is what must people will tell you.

Paffo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Advertisement

Error code, short short = RST not connected. Check that point and what values are you reading in diode mode is what must people will tell you.
Checked with microscope it is connected. Also tried on the EMMC board right away, still nothing.
Also tried undoing all my connections and doing all from 0, still RST error.

I suspect it was rather a software issue, I tried .74 and .75, but ive read that on clones (I use a Tiny from AliExpress, I already had the LED issue) it works bad.

I need to travel so for now I removed everything so I can at least use it stock, I will try again in the future

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Checked with microscope it is connected. Also tried on the EMMC board right away, still nothing.
Also tried undoing all my connections and doing all from 0, still RST error.

I suspect it was rather a software issue, I tried .74 and .75, but ive read that on clones (I use a Tiny from AliExpress, I already had the LED issue) it works bad.

I need to travel so for now I removed everything so I can at least use it stock, I will try again in the future
Especially for RST error theres another possibility which is the voltage you use is under normal 3.3.V
The calculation inside the firmware for voltage detection lay on assumption that you supply 3.3V to the rp2040.
RST is the first voltage range detection for a correct setup (no shortcut, or whatever)

Heres the source code of the detection
https://github.com/rehius/usk/blob/6530fd9fe58980ea03d47905bad5e871b9439b7a/main.c#L61

Paffo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Especially for RST error theres another possibility which is the voltage you use is under normal 3.3.V
The calculation inside the firmware for voltage detection lay on assumption that you supply 3.3V to the rp2040.
RST is the first voltage range detection for a correct setup (no shortcut, or whatever)

Heres the source code of the detection
https://github.com/rehius/usk/blob/6530fd9fe58980ea03d47905bad5e871b9439b7a/main.c#L61
Supply to the Pico was 3.27V, but I used awg 30 for everything, although there was no voltage sag, I don't think it was a power issue. I suspect it was something with the MOSFET, but I am not sure whether or not a bad fet would cause RST issue.

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Supply to the Pico was 3.27V, but I used awg 30 for everything, although there was no voltage sag, I don't think it was a power issue. I suspect it was something with the MOSFET, but I am not sure whether or not a bad fet would cause RST issue.
Mosfet will throws different error, at a different stage.

RST error detected in the earliest detection, before any else, so its the first detection.
Picofly throws RST error because the voltage read on RST line is not on the range 1.6V - 2.0V.

The calculation of the read voltage on the assumption that the voltage supplied to picofly are 3.3V.
Screen Shot 2024-04-07 at 20.22.07.png

On line 49 the formula to get the voltage is by multiplied the readed voltage (adc) by 3.3.

Last edited by abal1000x,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto