Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Ok, so I'm on 9.2 sysNand with 10.3 emuNand using rxTools 3.0 Alpha.

I previously had rx 2.6, and I installed two or three japanese games on it, mainly FE: Fates and the Hyrule Warriors Demo, and they always worked just fine.
However, after updating my rxTools so I could coldboot directly into it, these cias and only those (I tried installing other non-japanese cias after them and they don't disappear) disappear if I enter the friends list app and close it.

I can still enter the game through devmenu or FBI, and sometimes if I turn the 3DS on and off the cias reappear again as wrapped gifts.
If I enter the game, press Home, go to friends list and exit it, the 3DS freezes and I'm forced to turn it off.
The same happens if I try to press Home if the icon isn't there by launching the game through FBI.

I searched a lot for an answer to this and didn't find anything. I previously had linked Nands, but I even unlinked them to see if this had anything to do with it but it still doesn't work either way. Is this a known issue? Or is it just the build I'm using?
One of my friends is using the same build and installed japanese games as well, and none of this happened to him.

i think those Jap titles might not have RF (RegionFree) on them and maybe thus they disappear?
i have 2.6 Rx and the jap cia games i have installed never disappeared for me, i believe they all have RF on them.
i doubt that it is the v3.0 causes the issue for you, i myself will update my 3ds to the latest sometime soon.

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i think those Jap titles might not have RF (RegionFree) on them and maybe thus they disappear?
i have 2.6 Rx and the jap cia games i have installed never disappeared for me, i believe they all have RF on them.
i doubt that it is the v3.0 causes the issue for you, i myself will update my 3ds to the latest sometime soon.

I used to have 2.6 and those cias installed, and before I updated, this never happened. I changed to 3.0, and this started happening so I believe this is the issue.
It's something kinda minor but still annoying as it prevents me from opening the Friends list while in those two games.
They work just fine, though.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used to have 2.6 and those cias installed, and before I updated, this never happened. I changed to 3.0, and this started happening so I believe this is the issue.
It's something kinda minor but still annoying as it prevents me from opening the Friends list while in those two games.
They work just fine, though.

Is your nand linked/unlinked & what about your system nand firmware? could it be you accidentally installed dome on your sysnand?

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is your nand linked/unlinked & what about your system nand firmware? could it be you accidentally installed dome on your sysnand?
Unlinked. I had them previously linked but I unlinked them to see if it had anything to do, but still the same thing.
sysNAND is at 9.2 and emuNAND at 10.3.
And no, I installed the CIA only on emuNAND, I'm 100% sure of that.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unlinked. I had them previously linked but I unlinked them to see if it had anything to do, but still the same thing.
sysNAND is at 9.2 and emuNAND at 10.3.
And no, I installed the CIA only on emuNAND, I'm 100% sure of that.
..Hmm then it's weird indeed. Did you try deleting & reinstalling them?

Ah I also remember there was a bug in some rxTools versions that froze the friendlist/ notifications, it totally messed up my emunand back then on my O3DS XL. Are you using the latest nightly?:o It could be that your emunand became corrupted somehow.

Last edited by Angely,

MisterPantsEyes

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also when I open rxtools it does that thing where it downloads files to boot faster, I get "FAIL! ERR -2" what is the problem?
Same problem here! :(

"Installation Data Suite

rxTools is installing some data in
your SD Card; this is necessary in
order to speed up many processes and
to make some features work.
This will not take over a minute...
FAIL! ERR -2

Press A to exit"

Have you found a solution?

olec04

Working on Project Heaven!
Banned
Trophies
Trying to downgrade on 11.0 via AM services
XP
Country
United States
Orz. I've finally boot my console with latest one compiled minutes ago.
However the screen in emunand have some blank titles (which is black icon with white border).
If opened the 3DS loops with the "Nintendo 3DS" logo.. And home key deactivated. Quite amusing..
If i run those, then power down, and into rxmode again, one weird box disappear.
^_^ then again it would appear, as a gift box.. WOW. It could be unwrapped again, orz.
Hope someone could find a way to solve this weird problem.

Mine is JAP O3DS, Sysnand 4.1, Emunand 9.8. Mset.
Region free? I've only tried one EUR through devmenu, which is long ago.

OK I know why that is now.
It is cause there is still title installed inside NAND. Titles count told me that.
on that sig-patched 2.4, the title just doesn't pop up. FBI install fails when doing so on Emunand..
i would launch FBI and delete those titles from NAND, about the latest ones in the list.

NOTE: If you see weird boxes (wrapped is black icon with white border, unwrapped ones have no names) just get your FBI to uninstall some user installed titles on your Emunand! See those around the end of your list. This is cause the 2.4 just doesn't show those corrupted titles.
Sorry i've mistaken it. You can install devmenu and use that. Remove other titles on your SD.

Also feel free to attach this info on the OP.
THANKS for that I got bigbluemenu :P

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i always coldboot to rxtools (3.0) with my o3dsXL but, when i run a game and press home to leave the game, apparently it doesn't show the RX at system settings, but it shows me that i am at 10.5

if i reset the console and enter system settings right after starting the console (and entering rxtools) it shows me that i am on RX10.5... i installed some themes in .cia, can it be because of this? My nands are unlinked, and my sysnand is at 9.2.

Anyone got any ideia why this is happening? I can't use themes because of this :(

internetakias

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok, so I'm on 9.2 sysNand with 10.3 emuNand using rxTools 3.0 Alpha.

I previously had rx 2.6, and I installed two or three japanese games on it, mainly FE: Fates and the Hyrule Warriors Demo, and they always worked just fine.
However, after updating my rxTools so I could coldboot directly into it, these cias and only those (I tried installing other non-japanese cias after them and they don't disappear) disappear if I enter the friends list app and close it.

I can still enter the game through devmenu or FBI, and sometimes if I turn the 3DS on and off the cias reappear again as wrapped gifts.
If I enter the game, press Home, go to friends list and exit it, the 3DS freezes and I'm forced to turn it off.
The same happens if I try to press Home if the icon isn't there by launching the game through FBI.

I searched a lot for an answer to this and didn't find anything. I previously had linked Nands, but I even unlinked them to see if this had anything to do with it but it still doesn't work either way. Is this a known issue? Or is it just the build I'm using?
One of my friends is using the same build and installed japanese games as well, and none of this happened to him.
Similar issue here. I also can't seem to run NTR CFW while my JP games are gone.

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tech Specs
O3DS XL
9.2.0-25E
rxTools 3.0
10.5 emunand

So I've been trying to get GBA VC to work but I am coming up short, I have patched my AGB_Firm using the tools listed in another thread on this website, installed the rom to both my sysnand and emunand but it will not run on either. I've searched the problem but havent found any solution. According to all responses, it should work but it isn't

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a japanese monster hunter gore magala 3ds LL with 9.2 firmware (sysnand). I've installed emunand via gateway already but having trouble booting the february rxtools nightlies. How I try to boot it was using the browser and entering the special dukesrg... url; I would get the splash rxtools screen and then freezes up. Also, if i try boot into browserhax for hbl, it doesn't work because of the browser is outdated. Any suggestion on how to get rxtools and hbl running?

ok, i've hold down L, it gets me to rxmenu but whenever I choose boot rxmode in emunand/sysnand, it will freeze up with the "rxmode is booting" screen

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a ssb 3ds LL with sysnand 9.2.
using rxtools 2.6, I was able to set up an emunand and can boot into it just fine.
using nightly rxTools_2015-12-05_08.48-a08cfdd (which I used on my n3ds just fine), I can't boot into emunand at all. i can always boot to the rxtools menu, just can't get into rxmode
i confirm I've run cdn_firm.py and it generated 3 files inside the firm folder (it no longer creates just a "firmware.bin" file). I placed it into rxtools/firm and still nothing.

for now I've moved back to rxtools 2.6, but I would love to use this nightly (or something newer) since my emunand is now 10.5

memz5k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive got a 3ds XL 9.2 sysNAND, 10.5 emuNAND. When insert my R4i-SDHC card into the device it plays fine on sysNAND but not on emuNAND, any reason for this? my card is not on the blacklist of cards i found online.

rocknesskun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey
I'm trying to use the Nintendo DS profile but it gaves me an error
"An error has occurred"
And the console restart
Please help me!
I'm on 8.1 and i downgraded the mset for 4.x
I also tried to downgrade the mset for 6.x but it won't let me
And i'm using rxTools_2016-02-22_18.58-5ac8aa3

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I've encountered a weird situation.

On Pokemon Clear red 2DS JPN, downgraded to sysnand 9.2J, emunand on 10.6

Rxtools 3.0 beta 2 (and latest nightly) indicates that "emunand" not found,

however Gateway is able to run on emunand. (both nands unlinked, hence the difference is obvious for me).

Chipman42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having issues with my RxTools Emunand. I use a 2DS with 9.2 Sysnand and 10.5 Emunand. I've been using RxTools without a problem up until yesterday. When I go to use the Internet Browser to enter RxTools, it kicks me out onto the home menu. When I boot my Emunand via RxTools via the Homebrew Launcher via Menuhax, it hangs up at a black screen and does nothing. What do I do?

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tech Specs
O3DS XL
9.2.0-25E
rxTools 3.0
10.5 emunand

So I've been trying to get GBA VC to work but I am coming up short, I have patched my AGB_Firm using the tools listed in another thread on this website, installed the rom to both my sysnand and emunand but it will not run on either. I've searched the problem but havent found any solution. According to all responses, it should work but it isn't
this thread might help. https://gbatemp.net/threads/gba-vc-rxtools.407950/
also try using devmenu to install agb onto emunand

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a 4.3 sysnand/10.6 GW emunand o3ds. I got rxtools 2.6 working on both nands but i want to boot rxtools offline.I know there is menuhax but i need to update my sysnand to 9.x. Is there a way to do that keeping my sysnand at 4.3?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.3 sysnand/10.6 GW emunand o3ds. I got rxtools 2.6 working on both nands but i want to boot rxtools offline.I know there is menuhax but i need to update my sysnand to 9.x. Is there a way to do that keeping my sysnand at 4.3?
Actually, I was thinking autoboot (which you can't on 4.x). But offline, use MSET. Nowadays, It boggles my mind that people still want to use 4.x. It's limiting and has zero benefits now.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 225
Last edited by urherenow,

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I was thinking autoboot (which you can't on 4.x). But offline, use MSET. Nowadays, It boggles my mind that people still want to use 4.x. It's limiting and has zero benefits now.
I would use mset, but Im using that for gateway. and about keeping 4.3, its just my gateway is all set up and im not sure if i will lose all my games and saves on emunand and would have to got through installing it all over again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good news for the five people that want two more +1