ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skroops

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont know what i am doing wrong , i am running Luma via Menuhax , i use the latest FBI to install the cia file , i have tried various versions of all Pokemon GBA games but everytime i try to launch the game i always get the "Error has occurred" message on the bottom screen.

Any ideas what i am doing wrong ?

Thanks

Maxp0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I dont know what i am doing wrong , i am running Luma via Menuhax , i use the latest FBI to install the cia file , i have tried various versions of all Pokemon GBA games but everytime i try to launch the game i always get the "Error has occurred" message on the bottom screen.

Any ideas what i am doing wrong ?

Thanks

You had to install on sysnand too via FBI ou another cia installer
Gba VC on Menuhax goes into sysnand to run ( gba and dsi) so you have to install twice.

or you could do Arm9LoaderHax, then your emunand installed in sysnand, works like a charm for me =)

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You had to install on sysnand too via FBI ou another cia installer
Gba VC on Menuhax goes into sysnand to run ( gba and dsi) so you have to install twice.

or you could do Arm9LoaderHax, then your emunand installed in sysnand, works like a charm for me =)

Thank you for the reply :) sounds risky , never installed anything like that to my sysnand before , not sure its worth risking it just to play Pokemon Emerald again lol :s

Tuweky

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would it be possible to enable Flash 128K with RTC function in this tool? I am trying to apply an ips patch at the game Pokemon Fire Red V1.0. The ips patch is Pokemon Liquid Crystal. The game itself works great by using your tool! Except for saving. It says that it requires Flash 128K as saving method.

Or am I doing something wrong...?

The game will display a message that the save was deleted, but it won't actually be deleted. If you're playing the English version of the game, you can use this to remove the message: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-fix-all-save-problems-for-pokémon-games-vc-gba.433266/

Thank you! the fix in your linked solved the problem I had with Pokémon Liquid Crystal :)

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
Good day guys, just want to ask what settings should i use/check/uncheck on
step 1 and step 4 to get a properly working pokemon emerald and fire red?
thanks and have a nice day :-)

Last edited by noctis90210,

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright I got it to work! I checked the option at step 4 for applying an ips patch and chose the save fix patch for fire red, and it worked! It also somehow applied the sleep mode patch even though I didn't check it, ohhh man I feel good right now. XD

Now to remove the save error message and it's golden. How can we do that for Fire Red/Leaf Green though? In that topic there's only fixes for ruby, sapphire and emerald.

Was looking for how to get Adventures Red Chapter working in cia form and then I found the messages here. I understand you got it working? Can you give a quick run down?

Currently I'm sitting on a version that doesn't save and just errors :|

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Edit: Apparently this occurs when selecting FLASH as well as SRAM patch and/or Sleep Mode patch. Very weird. Well to get back to my previous message, if anyone knows how to properly inject and make playable Pokemon Adventures: Red Chapter that would be really appreciated.
Note: This romhack uses UPS not IPS. Can't use the injector's IPS patcher for the actual romhack patch.

So I was just trying the tool and it spits out this error when hitting Finish.

Rom: fresh UPS patched Pokemon Adventures: Red Chapter (patched a clean 1.0 Fire Red rom with UPS patcher)
Spaces in any paths: nope. I actually checked that.
Long name used: Pokémon Adventures: Red Chapter
Short name used: Pokémon Adventures: Red Chapter
Publisher used: Aethestode
Icon and 3D Banner: Bilinear
VC params: Sleep Patch + SRAM patch apply 1x

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Favna\AppData\Local\Temp\201610161947069865\rom_patched.gba'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Favna\AppData\Local\Temp\201610161947069865\rom_patched.gba'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllBytes(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(String path)
   at Ultimate_GBA_VC_Injector_for_3DS.frmMain.btnNextStep_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/UserFiles/Nintendo/3DS/Tools/Ultimate_GBA_VC_Injector/Injector.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited by Favna,

Yamanoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any tips for Pokemon Vega Edition? (FireRed hackrom)
I did the hex edit of FireRed, applied the Vega.ips, but the game doesn't start ... Why?

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any tips for Pokemon Vega Edition? (FireRed hackrom)
I did the hex edit of FireRed, applied the Vega.ips, but the game doesn't start ... Why?
Probably unrelated but if you have "Show GBA Boot screen" enabled in Luma try disabling that. I've had various games that got stuck due to it.

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also going to go ahead and second the issue with the SRAM save patch. Enabling either than trying to make the CIA produces an error. This means the user has to manually patch in SRAM editing for certain games, then come back to it. I apologize for not noticing this when I initially tested the beta of the program, as I was foolishly using a pre-patched SRAM ROM.

Any chance of a fix? While it is possible to do manually, it unfortunately means the user has to go ahead and do this with every ROM with an external program rather than having it be an all-in-one solution.

I don't have any issues with the Sleep Mode patch however. It seems to apply that one correctly.

fahademon0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was looking for how to get Adventures Red Chapter working in cia form and then I found the messages here. I understand you got it working? Can you give a quick run down?

Currently I'm sitting on a version that doesn't save and just errors :|

Does your rom work fine in an emulator? Should probably make sure it works in an emulator before trying it on 3ds

I just applied the FireRed savefix IPS patch on top of the patched rom, it worked fine. Gives the same issue of showing "data corrupt" but it saves fine. The names you use don't matter. I don't remember what save type I checked because I did this weeks ago, but 80% sure I checked the Flash with RTC(since this hack uses RTC features)

Someone on "that iso site" also put up a link for a cia of the game recently, if you're still having trouble just try that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello!