ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That may work, if you don't plan on downloading many games. You can get a 32GB or 64GB for pretty cheap.
I have a lot of custom VC games on there; NES, GB, GBC, and TG-16. I can't get GBA and Sega Genesis 3D Classics to work.

Also Pokemon R/B/Y and G/S/C are the wifi versions with trading that disable restore points. The G/S/C ones were injected into the Pokemon Yellow VC ROM, since it's a GBC game. Only R/B/Y is available on the Virtual Console.

Last edited by 03bgood,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot of custom VC games on there; NES, GB, GBC, and TG-16. I can't get GBA and Sega Genesis 3D Classics to work.
Updating to a higher FW may work for SEGA (either via EmuNAND or A9LH)
GBA may be an issue with AGB_FIRM - if you use EmuNAND, the game has to also be installed on SysNAND.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating to a higher FW may work for SEGA (either via EmuNAND or A9LH)
GBA may be an issue with AGB_FIRM - if you use EmuNAND, the game has to also be installed on SysNAND.
I press L to run the homebrew menu and I use Luma3DS. I want to update 9.2, so I can get Sega 3D Classics and Pokemon R/B/Y and G/S/C to work. How do I do that without losing my homebrew/CIAs?

Do I need to install sysNAND and update from 9.2 for Pokemon R/B/Y, GBA, and 3D Sega Genesis games to work?

Last edited by 03bgood,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Asdolo
If I can request some nice ideas I would see for the GBA Converter, here it is ->

1) Add a way to import a pre-made footer.ftr
2) Automatically check the RTC button when detecting a pokemon game
3) The most important I want x):Instead writing manually a name for the output CIA, why not generate it based on the gba's filename? Like "PokemonEmerald.gba", who will generate a "PokemonEmerald.cia" file at the end. Like with 3DS Simple GBA Converter.

And just about curiosity, it's possible to do a real FullScreen ?
I mean 400x240, not 360x240

StardustPhantom

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Current version: 1.3d (08-20-2016)

Hello everyone. Today I'm releasing a Windows tool that will make the GBA injection process much easier and customizable. I'm introducing Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS.

What does it do?:
It takes a GBA backup file and converts it to an installable CIA for your 3DS with CFW. It does all in a one single program.

Features:
  • VC GBA injection into a CIA
  • Easy made custom 3D banner
  • Easy made custom text/footer banner
  • Easy made ghosting/bright configuration
  • Easy made rom patching.
  • Easy made whole process!

Requeriments: Microsoft .NET framework 4.5

Tutorial:
You'll just follow the steps in program. But just in case:

Step 1:

Open the program. You'll see this screen:
iadCB6d.png

Press Open GBA File button. It'll prompt you to pick a .gba file.
279Gn2y.png

For this tutorial I'll pick the game Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.

The application will try to guess the parameters for step 1 reading the rom file. If there's no luck with that, the application will search the rom in an offline database.

gQyiILw.png

When you pick a rom you'll be able to go to Step 2 (icon and name).

Step 2:
This is the Step 2 main screen:
4fbdQR8.png

All the fields are explained in the info boxes, but let me know if something doesn't understand.

Complete the fields making the most legit as possible (if you want to). For example:
wvdTBUa.png

I used a title screen screenshot in it's original size as icon (the program will automatically stretch it).

When you complete all the fields you'll able to go to Step 3 (3d banner).

Step 3:
This is the Step 3 main screen:
lOT0Jvt.png

Note: The program will load some default values (based on those in Step 2), but you can anyway replace these default values with ohter ones.
Example: if you want the icon and 3D banner to have different images, then first complete Step 2 with the icon image that you want and then complete Step 3 with the banner image that you want. Otherwise if you are too lazy or you want the same standard as legit VC CIA, leave it as is.

For this example, I'll let the same banner image as the icon one, but I'll edit the bottom banner, importing a custom one I made with GIMP (using the import and use custom footer image option):

RgLq1Hd.png

You can also make your own text banner without leaving the application, as a quick and easy solution. You can change the font type, size, and brightness. Also there's a preview of that text banner (ignore the red borders, they won't be there in the console).

Doing my changes for this example:

nmKrPcv.png

When you complete or modify all the fields you'll able to go to Step 4 (VC parameters).

Step 4:
This is the Step 4 main screen:
dTX3tXr.png

Yaaay! A lot of options!

Ghosting Adjustment:
Set to 0xFF (None) for a non-ghosting game.

Color Config: Set to Original (no dark filter) to disable the dark filter at all.

Sleep patch: Attempt to apply a sleep patch to the rom. Some (most of) games won't even launch when applying sleep patch, so be careful with it.

For this tutorial, I want no ghosting, dark filter disabled, and sleep patch activated.

h8dbR1J.png

Once we have everything ready, press Finish button.

That's it! The application will ask you where do you want to save the CIA file and It took some seconds to create it.
When the CIA is ready, the application will let you know it.

7pppToV.png

Then you can install the CIA in sdcard using any CIA manager (actually I use the new FBI).
(The tutorial's screenshot are from v1.0)

Console screenshots:
EquBDH1.png
KshggB1.png

Sorry for this one's quality
TODO, petitions, etc: For now I'll just read this thread and make changes acording to the best for all. The code will be released much later; I'm planing to do a series of VC injectors... If a new version comes, I'll post here and I'll edit the OP.

Download links:
v1.3d: MEGA
v1.2: MEGA
v1.1: MEGA
v1.0b: MEGA
v1.0: MEGA

Changelog:
v1.3d:
+ Added: Native SRAM patching. Now you don't need gbata to patch your roms!
+ Added: Native IPS patching. Now you can apply an IPS patch directly before making the CIA.
* Fixed the issue with SRAM patched roms.

I1Dyaam.png

v1.2:

+ Added: More rom compatibility (it fills with zeros the rom until it has a common size, i.e. 4MB, 8MB, etc). This may improve patched roms rompatibility.
+ Added: Now the random Title ID's won't match an eShop app Title ID.
* Changed: Now it generates a new Title ID every time you pick a gba rom.
* Fixed Issues with 32 bits OS (A.K.A. 'Could not find code.bin' error).

v1.1:

+ Added: Now you can import a pre-made GBA VC CIA and jump straight to Step 4!.

v1.0b:
Fixed a bug with the 24x24 icon generation (bad resizing).

v1.0:
Initial release

Enjoy!

Is your ROM not working? Try this instead.

Thanks to @CheatFreak47 and @Cornholio309 for feedback, reports, help, information, resources and testing!

Hi, I`m interested in this tool sincce I think it`s cooler than the one Riku made, and I see there are a lot of texts in this tool, so I need the source code in order to translate these texts into Chinese for personal convenience. Could you upload the source code or give the site of git plz if you`re convenient.[You could also PM me]

Last edited by StardustPhantom,

Raphael1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For some reason, the Gba cias I made myself from German Pokemon games still wont launch (specifically, randomized Ger FireRed and Emerald). The fix you suggested to me some time ago didnt work as I could not find the hex values at all with my save editor. Does that mean I need to change them before randomizing? Will that actually work? I didnt save the original roms because I am stupid so I didnt test it yet.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get my SysNAND updated from 9.2 to 11.1, so I can play custom GBA games as well as Sega Genesis 3D Classics and Pokemon R/B/Y and G/S/C! I already have R/B/Y on my n3DS but if I try to make another file on another SD card, within the same NNID; the previous save files end up corrupted and I'm not paying $30 again for all 3 Pokemon games! So I'm going to get a 16GB microSD card, so I can finally get SysNAND installed.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Tuweky

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would it be possible to enable Flash 128K with RTC function in this tool? I am trying to apply an ips patch at the game Pokemon Fire Red V1.0. The ips patch is Pokemon Liquid Crystal. The game itself works great by using your tool! Except for saving. It says that it requires Flash 128K as saving method.

Or am I doing something wrong...?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Asdolo
If I can request some nice ideas I would see for the GBA Converter, here it is ->

1) Add a way to import a pre-made footer.ftr
2) Automatically check the RTC button when detecting a pokemon game
3) The most important I want x):Instead writing manually a name for the output CIA, why not generate it based on the gba's filename? Like "PokemonEmerald.gba", who will generate a "PokemonEmerald.cia" file at the end. Like with 3DS Simple GBA Converter.

And just about curiosity, it's possible to do a real FullScreen ?
I mean 400x240, not 360x240

1. Why would you want to import a pre-made footer.ftr exactly when this program already handles creating the footers right in the program?

2. It actually does do 2 already, it does so for unpatched Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald roms. FireRed and LeafGreen do not use RTC, so it doesn't check the box for those.

3. I like this one, but only if it just populates the "filename" field of the output box with that instead of it being blank. I actually prefer to be able to choose where and what the file should be named when I output the CIA.

As for fullscreen, It's not possible to do real fullscreen because how the 3DS handles GBA is up to AGBFIRM, not the CIA or Footer.
Someone would have to create a modded AGB FIRM for that I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not as hard as one would think, the big bang was a singularity 🥰
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Don't tell me. You're the universe right? :tpi:
    +2
    Lol I wish lol
    +3
    If I had a few trillion dollars I could probably build it in a few years time...
    Ironically in a few hundred billion years someone will need to build it anyway lol
    Restart creation
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let us know what you're naming this std
    :rofl2: o..............................................k. [hello Bellvue, we've got another "customer" for you]
    +1
    The one problem I haven't been able to solve was tweaking physics, it's almost a philosophical problem, are all universes on a time limit? Can you have creation without destruction, like ying and yang.
    +2
    Well, Yang is the one that hangs lower. So go from there :)
    +2
    Lol my date said it's turtles all the way down
    +2
    I told her I didn't know how many times it's happened but this isn't the first
    Also the first one.... What caused that?
    Bilateral Infusion
    +2
    A Mobius strip of time, perhaps lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell her you're a virgin also it helps
    +2
    I don't think any part of me is virgin... God even my toes have been in a vagina lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your toes are sluttier than Juan's
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    should I delete retroarch from both my pc and my steam library?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lmao
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You guys are funny.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    no, keep retroarch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Delete sys32 better n64 performance
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Delete sys32 better n64 performance